Best VPS operation system?

Hi Fellows!

I need to know which is the best vps operation system.

sorry if this question is already asked here.

thanks in advance.

There is no best OS, for each kind of user there are features that are better for them than in other OS's.

We use Citrix XenServer for it's nice features for building clusters, and using NAS/SAN.

But it realy depents on what you need.

its depend on you and what is your familiar with the os. some say centos is best. some say debian based os is best. so it was deppend on what you need.

I'm personally a CentOS lover when it comes to server production. I also like using Debian or Ubuntu if its for a personal desktop.

hmm, thanks for your responces.

most of the host using centos as their production server os due to its user friendly and easy to handle and also full with resources.centos can support almost all the third party software.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

CentOS is the OS on the host nodes of our entire cluster. In addition, most production web servers running cPanel and other control panels require CentOS to function properly.

SolusVM requires CentOS. Citrix XenServer is software installed on top of CentOS. CentOS and RHEL are probably the most common linux based server operating systems out there. I'd say about 70-75% of our clients all use CentOS.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Another vote for CentOS

You didn't say if it was for running the on the host or in a VPS. I'm going to assume you meant running within VPS.

The best OS depends on familiarity and ability of the person admining it. 90% of my personal servers are all Debian Lenny. I only have one CentOS VPS because of cPanel. No OS out-of-box is best suitable for everyone and every situation. Sysadmin accepts a project, depend on the project needs, configure OS plus applications to the specific needs.

OS/infrastructure is only as best as the person admining it.

If you are new to the VPS scene, and are adventurous... then take the time to try various major Linux distributions out. Every distribution have their own personality and its the unique aspect that makes the person like it. Good lucks.
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

i am prefer to use CentOs....

CentOS is all-around very lightweight, compatible, and bug-free, so it's usually my first choice. Ubuntu second.

What is main part of looking this ,from where i got cheap VPS server

Quote Originally Posted by quad3datwork View Post
    You didn't say if it was for running the on the host or in a VPS. I'm going to assume you meant running within VPS.

The best OS depends on familiarity and ability of the person admining it. 90% of my personal servers are all Debian Lenny. I only have one CentOS VPS because of cPanel. No OS out-of-box is best suitable for everyone and every situation. Sysadmin accepts a project, depend on the project needs, configure OS plus applications to the specific needs.

OS/infrastructure is only as best as the person admining it.

If you are new to the VPS scene, and are adventurous... then take the time to try various major Linux distributions out. Every distribution have their own personality and its the unique aspect that makes the person like it. Good lucks.
    yes I am talking about VPS.

thanks for reply.

I'd say CentOs is my choice but this really changes from one's need to another's.

I've even see people go for Windows for specific-app requirements.
    Maple-Hosting - Netherlands Dedicated Servers
    Award-Winning Highly-Customizable Dedicated Servers Since 2008

“After 14 months, I can’t give them less than 10/10 on all aspects!” - Read Our Customer Reviews

Another vote for CentOS for your OS.

XenServer as the VPS...

Go go ubuntu..its good at all the time

I would say CentOS. But if you're asking this question, then my answer would be start with Ubuntu.