Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VPS for DNS

VPS for DNS

I'm looking at an inexpensive VPS for a secondary DNS server, using cPanel DNS Only. Currently, my single VPS has both NS1 and NS2 on the same server, with the "single point of failure" warning coming up when I go to intodns.com

So far, I like DirectSpace.net's $4 a month VPS with 512MB, 20GB disk and 1TB of BW, but other recommendations are welcome.

I will use the VPS primarily for the secondary DNS server. I also want to set up the secondary DNS server to allow email to be queued until the primary VPS is back up.

I will also host at least one "support site" on it for my customers (so if my main VPS goes down, they will still have a site to go to). And I'll use the server for paranoid/redundant backups of my main VPS (the main VPS is using R1Soft, so these would be weekly backups "just in case").

So the questions:

1. Using cPanel DNS Only seems simple enough, but I note the cPanel instructions state a DNS cluster should have at least 2 other servers. Will my idea work with my main VPS, with NS1 nameserver on it, and my new VPS with NS2 on it?

2. What is required to make sure the secondary DNS will work for mail queueing; are there MX records to edit as well?

3. I've read a few threads about installing Apache on a VPS with cPanel DNS Only on it, where you edit the cPanel configuration file and install. Does this violate the setup in any way? I may also install Apache, PHP and MySQL first, as I understand cPanel DNS Only will not complain if they are already there.

4. Can I install CSF separately without a problem with cPanel DNS Only?

1. Using cPanel DNS Only seems simple enough, but I note the cPanel instructions state a DNS cluster should have at least 2 other servers. Will my idea work with my main VPS, with NS1 nameserver on it, and my new VPS with NS2 on it?

Answer 1: It's not important that you setup NS1 and NS2 on seperate server. It could be on same server. The setup i would recommend is as follows.

buy two VPS server. lets say VPS1 & VPS2

Host NS1 and NS3 on VPS1

Host NS2 and NS4 on VPS2

This setup is best according to my knowledge.

2. What is required to make sure the secondary DNS will work for mail queueing; are there MX records to edit as well?

Answer 2: I don't think cPanel allow secondary DNS server for mail processing.

3. I've read a few threads about installing Apache on a VPS with cPanel DNS Only on it, where you edit the cPanel configuration file and install. Does this violate the setup in any way? I may also install Apache, PHP and MySQL first, as I understand cPanel DNS Only will not complain if they are already there.

Answer 3: it's better to use your VPS as a DNS server.

4. Can I install CSF separately without a problem with cPanel DNS Only?

Answer 4: yes you can install CSF on DNS only server it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bilal414 View Post
    Answer 1: It's not important that you setup NS1 and NS2 on seperate server. It could be on same server. The setup i would recommend is as follows.

buy two VPS server. lets say VPS1 & VPS2

Host NS1 and NS3 on VPS1

Host NS2 and NS4 on VPS2

This setup is best according to my knowledge.
    Thanks. I currently have both my nameservers hosted on my single VPS (using two IP addresses). It works fine, but does introduce the single point of failure issue, and does not enable mail queuing if the server suffers a hard drive failure, etc. (see below). I could certainly add another two nameservers, but I'm not sure I see the need. If I host one nameserver on my main VPS pointing the same server, and then the other on my secondary VPS pointing to the main VPS, I think I accomplish what I need to do, right? I now have my NS2 hosted separately, pointing to the same server as NS1, but in the event of a failure of the main VPS, lookups will default to the active nameserver (NS2) and show the sites down rather than "disappeared". And hosts sending my sites email will queue the email for redelivery later, if I am understanding things correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by bilal414 View Post

Answer 2: I don't think cPanel allow secondary DNS server for mail processing.
    Sorry, not mail processing, but mail delivery once the main server is back up.

My understanding is that other mail servers intending to deliver mail to my main VPS will simply "bounce" the messages if both nameservers are out of service and not found. However, if one of the nameservers does resolve, then the other mail server will queue the email for another delivery try. So while email will be delayed in the event of a server crash, it won't be bounced back.

Is this a correct understanding of the advantages of avoiding a "single point of failure" with your name servers?

I can see a rebuild of a complete VPS due to a drive failure taking a few hours, and in that time a bounced email message from a potential customer could be a bad thing.

You have me thinking ... is there a way to have something like Kloxo on my second VPS, host a DNS server there using your kind of configuration, so that each server has a redundant DNS on the other server? Is that what you were indicating in your response?

I've been wondering this for a while, but do you need a regular cPanel server to use the cPanel DNS only? Or can you just hook up 2 VPS with cPanel DNS only?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I've been wondering this for a while, but do you need a regular cPanel server to use the cPanel DNS only? Or can you just hook up 2 VPS with cPanel DNS only?
    You can run cPanel DNS Only on two separate VPS'es as your dedicated nameservers which can then link to your full cPanel servers.

I'm actually thinking I'll use Webmin on my new VPS and use NS3 and NS4 nameservers at my registrar.

Then, I'll use the main VPS to serve NS1 (pointed to the main vps) and NS3 (pointed to the new vps), and the NEW VPS to serve NS2 and NS4 (pointed to the main VPS and NS4 pointing to the new VPS).

That should give me a resolution to the "single point of failure" for the DNS for each server, right?

I should read up on BIND I guess first.

Typically a VPS with "512MB, 20GB disk and 1TB of BW" for $4/month will attract the rapidleech & torrent crowd and will be abused.

You don't need anywhere near those kind of resources to run a DNS server. Choose a provider that offers significantly less bang for the buck and you stand a much better chance of getting a reliable service.

Just my two cents, and not intended as criticism of DirectSpace.net.

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    You don't need anywhere near those kind of resources to run a DNS server. Choose a provider that offers significantly less bang for the buck and you stand a much better chance of getting a reliable service.
    Good advice. Looking for maximum resources at minimum cost often turns out badly. How much is your time worth?

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    I'm actually thinking I'll use Webmin on my new VPS
    Bind can fairly easily be set up to slave from a master dns server elsewhere, but you will need to set up each domain it's authoritative for. The advantage that cPanel gives you over Webmin or any other panel (or no panel at all, which is also a viable option) is that new domains added to your main server will automatically be added to the slave.
    Last edited by foobic; 02-11-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Buy DNS hosting from DNSmadeEasy.com and it costs $30 per year, with a lot more redundancy than you can ever have with your VPSs.

Edit: their DNS configuration gives other types of errors in intodns.com (ignorable ones), so if you just want to make your dns results look pretty, then you'll have to use your own solution.
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    Good advice. Looking for maximum resources at minimum cost often turns out badly. How much is your time worth?
    I selected them based on the reputation here on WHT in reviews, etc. The fact that they are running a special with double resources now shouldn't negate that, should it?

Otherwise, we should be advising people to not choose a host if they run a special price.

Bind can fairly easily be set up to slave from a master dns server elsewhere, but you will need to set up each domain it's authoritative for. The advantage that cPanel gives you over Webmin or any other panel (or no panel at all, which is also a viable option) is that new domains added to your main server will automatically be added to the slave.
    OK, that is a consideration. I think I'll install the free cPanel DNS Only app to start, and then play around a bit and see what happens. Having the domains automatically added to the slave makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzem View Post
    Buy DNS hosting from DNSmadeEasy.com and it costs $30 per year, with a lot more redundancy than you can ever have with your VPSs.

Edit: their DNS configuration gives other types of errors in intodns.com (ignorable ones), so if you just want to make your dns results look pretty, then you'll have to use your own solution.
    That gets more expensive the more domains you host; I currently host 22 domains other than my own, with more added each month.

That gets more expensive the more domains you host; I currently host 22 domains other than my own, with more added each month.
    I see, then good luck with your DNS cluster. It worked for me, it will surely work for you too I still have a DNS cluster running although I don't use mail queuing and other advanced things you want.
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

You could always look at ndchost's secondary mx plugin for cPanel DNS only.

It is USD$10/month though.

I think you should setup a VPS with DNS only as NS1 and use your current VPS as NS2

http://www.cpanel.net/application-ca...ted-pluginsmx/
    █ | Brad - Hoopla Hosting - Email or add me to Gtalk! brad [at] hooplahosting.com
    █ | Web Hosting New Zealand - Reseller Hosting - cPanel - Zurmo Hosting - Softaculous - CloudFlare
    █ | VPS - SolusVM - E3-1230 - RAID10 - 1Gbit

I selected them based on the reputation here on WHT in reviews, etc. The fact that they are running a special with double resources now shouldn't negate that, should it?
    Like sleddog, I should have qualified the statement by saying that this is not about any particular provider - just general advice from my own experience and reading many reviews here. As a general rule, in hosting as anywhere else, if you seem to be getting more than you're paying for there's usually a catch. Despite all the "guaranteed resources" hype, VPS is still a form of shared hosting - the less you pay, the greater the number of others you should expect to be sharing the hardware with.

[Edit: I do agree with you though - judging by reputation and reviews here can be a good way to beat the odds!]

Otherwise, we should be advising people to not choose a host if they run a special price.
    No, but I think (again in general) we should look at how regularly the special price is being offered. If it's a genuine "once in lifetime, never to be repeated" deal, ok, but if the provider's offering the same "special" deal month after month then I'd consider it their regular price.

Good luck with your decision!
    Last edited by foobic; 02-11-2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopla-Brad View Post

I think you should setup a VPS with DNS only as NS1 and use your current VPS as NS2

Yeah, not sure I need that. That is a great application for a kind of fail-over for email, though! I just want email queued by the sending server if my VPS fails. My understanding is the sending server will bounce email if it can't resolve at least one DNS. If it does resolve a DNS but the server is down, then the sending server will queue the mail to try again later.

My main VPS is with a good host, and I don't think I would be down more than a day max in the case of a disk failure, etc.

Another quick question, I have read I can use the same name server domain name I use for my first VPS by simply setting up child servers at the registrar for NS3 and NS4, and pointing them to the new server's IP addresses.

So "NS1.domainname.com" and "NS2.domainname.com" point to the two IP addresses associated with the first VPS.

"NS3.domainname.com" and "NS4.domainname.com" point to the two IP addresses associated with the second VPS.

With this work if "domainname.com" is also an active domain name on the first server, assuming the domainname.com itself has its name servers specified as NS1 and NS2?

Another quick question, I have read I can use the same name server domain name I use for my first VPS by simply setting up child servers at the registrar for NS3 and NS4, and pointing them to the new server's IP addresses.

So "NS1.domainname.com" and "NS2.domainname.com" point to the two IP addresses associated with the first VPS.

"NS3.domainname.com" and "NS4.domainname.com" point to the two IP addresses associated with the second VPS.

With this work if "domainname.com" is also an active domain name on the first server, assuming the domainname.com itself has its name servers specified as NS1 and NS2?
    Yes, name servers registrations at the registrar should match the NS records of the zones in the nameservers and just that
    Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    CS Student, Geek, Software Engineer, Developer

My understanding is the sending server will bounce email if it can't resolve at least one DNS. If it does resolve a DNS but the server is down, then the sending server will queue the mail to try again later.
    That's correct.

Yes, but it's just as important (or more so) for domainname.com to be on redundant nameservers as for any of your other domains. Provided you have the dns synced properly you should use ns1, 2, 3 and 4 as nameservers for domainname.com. Or just ns1 and ns3, which would be equivalent.
    Chris

That's correct.

Yes, but it's just as important (or more so) for domainname.com to be on redundant nameservers as for any of your other domains. Provided you have the dns synced properly you should use ns1, 2, 3 and 4 as nameservers for domainname.com. Or just ns1 and ns3, which would be equivalent.
    OK, I want to clarify this if you don't mind. All my sites will be on VPS1. VPS1 will also have the name server NS1 pointing to itself using cPanel's DNS management features (well, WHM, I guess).

VPS2, the new VPS, will have the name server NS2 pointing to the VPS1 IP address by using cPanel DNS Only.

So the domainname.com site will be just like other sites on the VPS1 server, with NS1 and NS2 (hosted on VPS2)pointed to it.

If this works, I may try using NS3 and NS4 for the VPS2 server and hosting a secondary support site on it, but not a mirror of my main site. I'm thinking I'll move my domainname.net domain there. But that's for later, when I get the first step working.

Does that sound right to you?

My earlier post was in reply to yours where you stated:

If, instead, you're going to do this:
    OK, I want to clarify this if you don't mind. All my sites will be on VPS1. VPS1 will also have the name server NS1 pointing to itself using cPanel's DNS management features (well, WHM, I guess).

VPS2, the new VPS, will have the name server NS2 pointing to the VPS1 IP address by using cPanel DNS Only.

So the domainname.com site will be just like other sites on the VPS1 server, with NS1 and NS2 (hosted on VPS2)pointed to it.
    That's ok too. The point is that dns for all domains (including particularly the one your nameservers are on) should be on at least two physically different machines.

If this works, I may try using NS3 and NS4 for the VPS2 server and hosting a secondary support site on it, but not a mirror of my main site. I'm thinking I'll move my domainname.net domain there. But that's for later, when I get the first step working.
    There's no need for ns3 and 4. You can just continue using ns1 and 2, but point the A records for your support site and domainname.net to VPS2.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopla-Brad View Post

I'm sorry, why would you pay for a plugin when all you need to do is install exim and rm -f /etc/eximdisable
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

Does that sound right to you?
    While what you describe will work, you are complicating it more then necessary. I have dozens of WHM/cPanel servers, none run named, and then 2 DNSONLY servers. All WHM boxes sync to one of the two DNSONLY servers, none of the DNSONLY server sync to any WHM box, but do sync between each other. Now I can easily move sites between WHM boxes as needed, no nameserver changes need to be made, and DNS is always correct. Keep a lower TTL on the A record and it propagates quick enough, I use 14400, you can chose what works best for you.

I have about 1500 domains on these DNSONLY boxes, both run as OpenVZ containers with 256mb/384mb burst and no memory concerns, and both are also doing recursive lookups for all the servers on the network and my workstations.

So with your example of available resources, you will have 1 WHM box and a DNSONLY server, each running named, and syncing to each other, then if you add another WHM box, there is no need to run named on it, it will just sync to the other two.

If your DNS servers are all in the U.S., I recommend you to have one in the U.S., the other one in the E.U.

I have one with YardVPS (Xen), the other one with AllSimple.net. Not bad I'd say.

Memory is not a concern (since BIND is using full memory), you should focus on the CPU.

agreed with jerrychenme, if your server all in US, i'd suggest you to have it in US as well for better performance. Unless you have multiple location for your webserver. you can try to look at CH Hosting, I use them previously, overall good.
    Start Learning Linux Environment------------
    Hosted on...

My earlier post was in reply to yours where you stated: <snip>

If, instead, you're going to do this: <snip>
    Sorry about that; I did go back and forth between approaches. That's why I wanted to clarify. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by highlander2 View Post
    you can try to look at CH Hosting, I use them previously, overall good.
    THanks for the recommendation.

perhaps you can setup in this way with cpanel dns only:

ns1 - main host server
    ns2 - dedicated dns server
    ns3 - could be your second main host server

always separate your nameserver in different physical server, in any case of downtime of main server, the domain resolution is faster when main server live back again.
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by mitgib View Post
    So with your example of available resources, you will have 1 WHM box and a DNSONLY server, each running named, and syncing to each other, then if you add another WHM box, there is no need to run named on it, it will just sync to the other two.
    Thanks, that does make it quite a bit easier than I was thinking. Just set up the cPanel DNS Only server synced with my WHM box following their instructions, then have NS2 on the cPanel DNS and NS1 on my WHM box, and it keeps it all in sync automatically. Change the IP for NS2 at my registrar to my cPanel DNS Only server and I'm basically done.

How do I edit the nameserver information within the DNSONLY WHM?

Some messages have said to edit the /etc/resolv.conf file, but that file contains the data center's domain resolvers. Editing that doesn't sound right to me.

On my DNSONLY box, do I have a single NS2 name server with the IP address of my main VPS? And on my main VPS, I have a single NS1 name server with that server's own IP address?

How do I edit the nameserver information within the DNSONLY WHM?
    You don't. You can only edit zone files in a full WHM

Some messages have said to edit the /etc/resolv.conf file, but that file contains the data center's domain resolvers. Editing that doesn't sound right to me.
    Really is personal preference. You do not want to use your cPanel DNS as resolvers, don't change it, if you do, change to them and allow recursion, but only for the IP's you want to allow to use your DNS as resolvers.

On my DNSONLY box, do I have a single NS2 name server with the IP address of my main VPS? And on my main VPS, I have a single NS1 name server with that server's own IP address?
    If you are going to use your nameservers are resolvers, you'd list both in /etc/resolv.conf Really, if you are far from your nameservers network wise, don't bother.

Thanks, mitgib. I don't want to use them as my own resolvers; I just want to have a DNS name server on each server so if one server goes down,the domain names still resolve.

So, a final question:

At my domain name registrar, do I change the IP address for the name server to the new DNS ONLY box?

OLD SETUP AT REGISTRAR:
    ns1.domainname.com 123.456.789.000 <<<< main server IP
    ns2.domainname.com 123.456.789.001 <<<< main server IP

NEW SETUP AT REGISTRAR:
    ns2.domainname.com 789.876.543.210 <<<< DNSONLY VPS IP

Then, do I set the name server "ns2.domainname.com" on the DNSONLY box the main server's IP address 123.456.789.001

Or, do I use an A record to point ns2.domainname.com to the main server?

Thanks, mitgib. I don't want to use them as my own resolvers; I just want to have a DNS name server on each server so if one server goes down,the domain names still resolve.

So, a final question:

At my domain name registrar, do I change the IP address for the name server to the new DNS ONLY box?

OLD SETUP AT REGISTRAR:
    ns2.domainname.com 123.456.789.001 <<<< main server IP

NEW SETUP AT REGISTRAR:

Then, do I set the name server "ns2.domainname.com" on the DNSONLY box the main server's IP address 123.456.789.001

You are not grasping this yet, which is ok, I've found people have a hard time with grasping how DNS really works, then one day the light goes off and you are like, oh yeah, that is why I do this.

What you want is 1 IP for each nameserver, doesn't matter which, registered at the registrar, and matching A records in that zone file.

so....

ns1.example.com 1.2.3.4 at the registrar and in the zone file with a matching A record (your WHM box)

ns2.example.com 4.3.2.1 at the registrar and in the zone file with a matching A record (your DNSONLY box)

If you want to make the WHM box ns2, go ahead, it doesn't matter, you will have 2 nameservers at the end of the day, what you call them is irrelevant as long as they are each unique.

NEW SETUP AT REGISTRAR:

Using the IP address and an A record in the DNSONLY WHM seems to work OK. INTODNS.COM reports that the two name servers are on different servers now, and all is well with green checks everywhere except for GLUE:

Looks like the A records (the GLUE) got from the parent zone check are different than the ones got from your nameservers. You have to make sure your parent server has the same NS records for your zone as you do.I detected some problems as follows:
    For ns2.domainname.com the parent reported: ['789.876.543.210'] and your nameservers reported: ['123.456.789.001']
    Is this a concern, and if so, how do I fix it? Or should I just leave it as is?

Is this a concern, and if so, how do I fix it? Or should I just leave it as is?
    If I dig the root servers

Code:
    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    ns1.hostkabob.com.      172800  IN      A       173.248.191.111
    ns2.hostkabob.com.      172800  IN      A       174.140.166.114
    then dig ns1.hostkabob.com

Code:
    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    ns1.hostkabob.com.      14400   IN      A       173.248.191.111
    ns2.hostkabob.com.      14400   IN      A       173.248.191.111
    You do not have matching A records in your zone file, change ns2 to the proper IP
    Last edited by mitgib; 02-12-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo

You are not grasping this yet, which is ok, I've found people have a hard time with grasping how DNS really works, then one day the light goes off and you are like, oh yeah, that is why I do this.

What you want is 1 IP for each nameserver, doesn't matter which, registered at the registrar, and matching A records in that zone file.

so....

ns1.example.com 1.2.3.4 at the registrar and in the zone file with a matching A record (your WHM box)

ns2.example.com 4.3.2.1 at the registrar and in the zone file with a matching A record (your DNSONLY box)

If you want to make the WHM box ns2, go ahead, it doesn't matter, you will have 2 nameservers at the end of the day, what you call them is irrelevant as long as they are each unique.
    Here's where my understanding gap comes in: if I have NS2 resolve to the DNSONLY box, and the A record is to that same DNSONLY IP address, doesn't it resolve to that IP address only? I don't understand how it "magically" knows to direct traffic to the WHM IP address.

DNS can be taken in any order, so sites would show up as "missing" if the IP address is to the DNSONLY box, right?

My thinking is that both NS1 and NS2 should ultimately direct traffic to the WHM box.

If I dig the root servers

Code:
    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    ns1.hostkabob.com.      172800  IN      A       173.248.191.111
    ns2.hostkabob.com.      172800  IN      A       174.140.166.114
    then dig ns1.hostkabob.com

Code:
    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    ns1.hostkabob.com.      14400   IN      A       173.248.191.111
    ns2.hostkabob.com.      14400   IN      A       173.248.191.111
    You do not have matching A records in your zone file, change ns2 to the proper IP
    If I change ns2 to 174.140.166.114, then how does the domain name ever resolve to the main WHM server, where the accounts are, at 173.248.191.111/112?

You are setting the A record for ns2, not the domain, the domain has it's own A record with a different value
    Last edited by mitgib; 02-12-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: singular, not plural redord

Here is my zone file (some of it) to give you a better understanding.

Code:
    hostigation.com.        86400   IN      NS      ns101.hostigation.com.
    hostigation.com.        86400   IN      NS      ns102.hostigation.com.
    hostigation.com.        14400   IN      A       216.198.221.186
    localhost       14400   IN      A       127.0.0.1
    hostigation.com.        14400   IN      MX      0       hostigation.com.
    ns101   14400   IN      A       206.253.165.10
    ns102   14400   IN      A       206.253.166.10
    See how the A record for each nameserver is unique to itself, and the domain has it's own A record as well. That is how things get to the web server, going by the A record for the domain (and www.domain).

See how the A record for each nameserver is unique to itself, and the domain has it's own A record as well. That is how things get to the web server, going by the A record for the domain (and www.domain).
    Thanks, I may have had the "lightbulb" moment you spoke of earlier.

Is this how it works:

When I set up an account in WHM on the main server, it has the A record for that domain pointing to the server. That record is synced between the two boxes, so that both the DNSONLY box and the WHM box have the A record for the domain. When a DNS request comes in, it doesn't matter which box is queried; both the DNSONLY box and the WHM box look for the A record and then send the browser to the IP address in that A record.

If my WHM box is off-line, the DNS query will come from the DNSONLY box because NS1 can't be found, and it will find the domain's A record and try to resolve the request to the WHM box IP. It still won't find the site, because the server is offline, but any email destined for that site will be held by the sender rather than just bounced. When the server comes back on-line, the DNS should resolve a bit faster because the NS2 record is already up and running.

If the DNSONLY box goes offline, and the DNS request comes into its NS2 record, the DNS will then look to NS1, find it on the WHM box, present the A record and then all is good.

You've got it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast