Recommend your favourite iSCSI central storage device for use with Xen/OpenVZ

Hey there,

Growth has put us in the position to purchase more centralized iSCSI storage for our Xen VPS environment.

While I have purchased storage solutions from dell in the past, I'm curious what everyone else might be using in similar scenarios. I have not tried many other storage solutions and I'd be interested to know if there are any products that come highly recommended.

Thanks!
    Stack Star | Shift8 Web
    ★ Managed VPS Hosting ★ Managed Wordpress Hosting ★ Managed Dedicated Hosting ★ Web Development ★ Web Design
    Managed Wordpress Hosting Web Design Toronto

Hi,

My vote goes for Dell We did a lot of testing and comparing of different solutions and we ended up with a cluster of Dell Equalogic PS6000E series boxes.. The HA features and the reliability of these devices is simply amazing....

- Tero

Thats what I was looking at. How is your experience with Dell Sales?

Sometimes it takes a few days to get an answer (if at all!) .. I'm kind of frustrated with them at the moment.

May I ask what you paid for a PS6000E ?
    Stack Star | Shift8 Web
    ★ Managed VPS Hosting ★ Managed Wordpress Hosting ★ Managed Dedicated Hosting ★ Web Development ★ Web Design
    Managed Wordpress Hosting Web Design Toronto

You might want to look at some of the smaller vendors as well, people like Nexenta etc.
    For VM SANs, you need a lot of IO performance and personally I'd go with someone who can build it to meet your exact requirements and budget.
    Cloud Pixies Ltd. Adding some Pixie magic into the Cloud!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnivek View Post
    Thats what I was looking at. How is your experience with Dell Sales?

Sometimes it takes a few days to get an answer (if at all!) .. I'm kind of frustrated with them at the moment.

May I ask what you paid for a PS6000E ?
    Nothing bad to say about dell sales.. Service is really helpful and quick.. One mixup when we ordered additional SAS disk, but we got SATA disks instead.. But that was sorted out quickly..

The price of PS6000E is somewhere around 38k€ depending of the disk configuration etc... But usually Dell sales can give you a nice discount.. Like when we bought few of these at once with all the iSCSI optimized switches etc as a package the final price for a PS6000E box was about 30k€..

- Tero

I' also wondering what the price for a PS6000E is. Because we are waiting for a quote from dell.