Privatelayer.com Dedicated Server Review

Hi WHT,

Thank you very much for creating this excellent forum. It helped me to find reliable dedicated hosting provider. I used to have couple of dedicated servers with one of the most popular dedicated hosting provider. My servers are overloading and they did not have powerfull latest xeon servers so i was looking for more power full dedicated servers and found WHT thread in google search results posted by Privatelayer. I have read different threads posted by providers and finally decided to go with privatelayer

I had a chat with Privatelayer sales team and ordered a xeon 5620 server. As promised the server was delivered in less than 2 hours. Even the hardware upgrades were delivered as promised. I'm very impressed with their service and hope to continue with Privatelayer in future

I thank wht again

Glad to hear your happy.

Glad to see they are doing well. Keep us updated..
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Today I bought a server and I'm just waiting to be delivered. I hope to be also satisfied.

Nice to see some positive reviews on WHT for a change
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Quote Originally Posted by intelgeek View Post
    Hi WHT,

I'm very impressed with their service and hope to continue with Privatelayer in future

I thank wht again
    Thanks for sharing your views mate. Keep us posted about how it goes in future. I assume this is a kind of pre-sales and setup review, you can correct me if I am wrong

Its almost one and half month i am using their service. Their service is excellent and prices are very good. Just added one more server
    Thanks

I agree with the other posters. Iam a PL-Customer for 5 Months now and i am fully satisfied! The support is great. Tickets are mostly answered within an hour. I'll continue usinh their great service.

What about their network? They have 2 locations, right?

Yes, Panama and Switzerland. I am only using the Switzerland network, which is good. Can someone say something about the panama network?

Glad to see you happy!

I have heard many good things about them,

Keep us updated

I also recommend PrivateLayer, decent support and service. ALWAYS email for a custom quote, NEVER order anything at face value - they do some good discounts if you ask.

I just went with PrivateLayer and not only can I NOT get an answer, my emails to clients are being rejected as spam. They gave me an IP address that put me on blacklists all over the place. AND when I sent to one person (a web design company) their spam program rejected the email as well.

Here are the rejects:
    550 5.7.1 This system is configured to reject mail from xxxx
    [xxxx] (Host blacklisted - Found on Realtime Black List server
    'zen.spamhaus.org')

and

554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's
    poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact
    the intended recipient via alternate means.

So -- before you jump on PrivateLayer, make sure you get a "good" IP address from them. Mine is out of Panama. It sounds like the Swiss team is doing a better job?

Ah - just got a response - more than 24 hours after my first email, and AFTER I sent another email stating I would cancel tonight if I don't hear back today. I shouldn't have to do that to get answers.

Sir,

Sorry for the trouble that you are having with the IP addresses. Our Panama network is having problems with the SPAMHAUS organization right now.

Here is the history:

We have resolved the only complaint with SPAMHAUS which is SBL112521.

We had a transit customer that was hosting a C&C server on their network. We immediately nullrouted the two IP addresses in question.
    This IP addresses were not even on the /22 subnet that SPAMHAUS has blacklisted. We didn't receive one complaint about the C&C server before SPAMHAUS took the action of blacklisting our entire /22 subnet. We promptly responded to SPAMHAUS within 24 hours of the listing with the resolution.

Even after the problem has been removed, SPAMHAUS refuses to even respond to our emails asking for the listing to be removed. We have asked them on 3 different times what further action needs to be taken to have the listing removed, and they simply ignore the emails. There is no phone number to call for them, and they don't respond to any emails, so we are out all options except legal.

Note, that we do not allow spammers on our network (Swiss or Panama). Our AUP specifically prohibits SPAM or "SPAM enabling" on our network, and be immediately take corrective action against any spammers.

In this case, it's really SPAMHAUS who is doing a bad job, by causing a tremendous amount of false positive mail returns on a relatively large subnet that is clean of any SPAM.

If you have any further questions regarding this please email us at [email protected]

Thanks!

Private Layer INC
    Private Layer Hosting : Swiss Dedicated Servers
    RIPE LIR (AS51852) : LACNIC MEMBER (AS52288)
    U: www.privatelayer.com
    E: sales @ privatelayer.com

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateLayer View Post
    Sir,

Sorry for the trouble that you are having with the IP addresses. Our Panama network is having problems with the SPAMHAUS organization right now.

Here is the history:

We have resolved the only complaint with SPAMHAUS which is SBL112521.

We had a transit customer that was hosting a C&C server on their network. We immediately nullrouted the two IP addresses in question.
    This IP addresses were not even on the /22 subnet that SPAMHAUS has blacklisted. We didn't receive one complaint about the C&C server before SPAMHAUS took the action of blacklisting our entire /22 subnet. We promptly responded to SPAMHAUS within 24 hours of the listing with the resolution.

Even after the problem has been removed, SPAMHAUS refuses to even respond to our emails asking for the listing to be removed. We have asked them on 3 different times what further action needs to be taken to have the listing removed, and they simply ignore the emails. There is no phone number to call for them, and they don't respond to any emails, so we are out all options except legal.

Note, that we do not allow spammers on our network (Swiss or Panama). Our AUP specifically prohibits SPAM or "SPAM enabling" on our network, and be immediately take corrective action against any spammers.

In this case, it's really SPAMHAUS who is doing a bad job, by causing a tremendous amount of false positive mail returns on a relatively large subnet that is clean of any SPAM.

If you have any further questions regarding this please email us at [email protected]

Thanks!

Private Layer INC
    I'm sorry you are having these problems, but this is not helping me or my business. I am now being listed by my email address in a couple of spam filters due to this problem. There are ways to get delisted on many spam programs. Are your people working on that? I'm getting rejected from several spam filters now.

Or course, we are continuing to work on the problem. We hope to have a resolution shortly. We have even asked SPAMHAUS if we should terminate the contract of the transit customer that had the problem with the C&C servers. They still did not respond even to that email.
    Private Layer Hosting : Swiss Dedicated Servers
    RIPE LIR (AS51852) : LACNIC MEMBER (AS52288)
    U: www.privatelayer.com
    E: sales @ privatelayer.com