Need some help choosing a reseller hosting package!

Im currently considering migrating my small business hosting to a new company: whitesystem.net

Im considering two different packages:

Root Reseller Bear package:
    http://www.whitesystem.net/products/...reseller.html#

and Alpha Reseller http://www.whitesystem.net/products/...r-hosting.html Maximum package for $26.

The only concern I have is that the root reseller package comes with 60GB HDD space and 1TB bandwidth. Is that enough for a reseller package, im only planning on putting a max of about 20-25 customers on this server (but it will propably be less).
    The root reseller package comes with more space and bandwidth, but in terms of features is the same. The reason im considering the root reseller package, is that I will be able to sell alpha accounts, for which I can charge a small premium.

I am aware that this is a relatively fresh company, and that their website is made from a template anyone can buy from joomlajunckie, but their offer is quite tempting, and their support staff seem to be friendly and knowledgable.

Has anyone used this company before, or heard anything about them? Is it worth going for the root reseller package or just alpha reseller and sell master reseller accounts? Does anyone know anyone else offering a similar service? Is 60GB space and 1TB bandwidth enough for reseller hosting?

Thanks a lot for your advice

Lukas

you're going to need more information about the intended use of the domains from your customer base before you can figure out whether 60gb of diskspace & 1TB of data transfer are sufficent for your application.

a single high volume website with lots of multimedia content can exceed those limits by itself. but a package like that might do just fine to host a couple dozen small websites that don't get very many hits.

btw: those unlimited hosting plans that you see advertised aren't really unlimited. a few years back, i signed up with one of the early webhosts offering an unlimited plan and found that the server only had a 40gb harddrive in it to service the entire shared host customer base.
    Last edited by mattwebhost; 02-09-2011 at 04:20 PM.

yeah i know about those unlimited plans.

Thanks for your help.

just out of curiosity, is it worth going with VPS plans or is it better to go with alpha reseller plans?
    If I have about 5-15 medium traffic websites, say not exceeding 300 visitors a day, without any video streaming content etc, would 1TB bandwidth be enough?

compared to a traditional shared hosting plan, those vps plans are often quite limited in terms of avaliable system memory & processing power. you do however get "root" access to the server which is required to install certain applications. if you've got the money, a better option would be to lease a full dedicated server.

as for the bandwith, it sounds like 1TB would probably be enough to start with. since it appears that your domains are already online, can you login to them and look at the statistics of how much data you moved during the past couple months?

hmm, dedicated is a little too expensive for me.

Thanks anyways.

I'd stay far away from any company that offers master/alpha resellers, it's just going to cause issues. There's not a single reputable company that offers master/alpha resellers. If you want a reseller package that will give you and your customers good performance I would point you to hostgator or innohosting. Both have their pluses and minuses, but whichever you chose will be good!
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

Quote Originally Posted by clukas View Post
    just out of curiosity, is it worth going with VPS plans or is it better to go with alpha reseller plans?
    If I have about 5-15 medium traffic websites, say not exceeding 300 visitors a day, without any video streaming content etc, would 1TB bandwidth be enough?
    Personally I would go with a VPS for the reasons mentioned above.

You should be way under 1TB with that. I have a few sites that get 500 visitors a day and use maybe a couple gigs of bandwidth a month.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

Quote Originally Posted by clukas View Post
    1TB goes a long way. I used to run a large website(1M impressions per month) and used around 600GB/month. So, you're quite fine with probably even 50GB per month of traffic.
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com