* How can I get refund from Virpus.com?

That's my first time to use the VPS.So I bought a VPS from Virpus.com(Date:31/01/2011).

I'd appreciate their great service but there's a big problem of

connection speed when installation.The connection speed to their

server was quite slow in my location.

So I canceled my order in the same day.

But I haven't received the refund yet.

I have submited 2 tickets already.And no answer.

So can you tell me how can I get the refund please?

PS: If the staff(From Virpus) see this topic,please help me to

solve the problem.Thank you.

Nobody online?

They've been quite busy ever since they had the security breach last month.

I've seen a few threads where people have been given refunds but it took a while for Ken to it.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Have you received a response saying they were going to issue you a refund? If they said they would I'm sure they'll follow through, otherwise if there was no response to those tickets I do know that Ken from Virpus (i'm not sure if there are others) frequents this forum and should be along shortly, I'm sure he'll sort things out for you!
    ElicitServers - Canadian hosting dedicated customer satisfaction! Shared/Reseller/VPS/Dedi/Colo
    100% redundant, 100% owned/maintained, GigE connectivity
    Offsite backups, 24/7 support (1-877-533-8993), 30-day money back | cPanel hosting

Quote Originally Posted by jangsan View Post
    Nobody online?
    It has only been twenty minutes, I'm sure Ken will come on here and comment on the situation.

However, as outlined in their TOS they don't offer refunds.

All payments to Virpus Networks are non-refundable, and are considered to be the intellectual property of Virpus Networks. All billing disputes must be reported to Virpus Networks within 60 days in order to receive compensation. Charge backs with your credit card issuer are considered invalid, as they are not constitutional under the Virpus Networks Terms of Service Agreement. If customer files a charge back against a legit charge placed by Virpus Networks, a $50 administrative fee will be charged per chargeback.
    Did they make an exception for you?
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

Hi..Thank you for your help.

I didnt receive the response..

Did you check the status of your ticket? They may have just closed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    It has only been twenty minutes, I'm sure Ken will come on here and comment on the situation.

However, as outlined in their TOS they don't offer refunds.

Did they make an exception for you?
    I don't think they'd make an exception for me.

But..They couldn't canceled the vps without explanation If I can't get the refund.

I recognize that's my fault.I didn't read the TOS.
    Last edited by jangsan; 02-08-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Did you check the status of your ticket? They may have just closed it?
    I just checked the tickets.It's still open..

I just checked the tickets.It's still open..
    I know they had their whole incident a few weeks ago, I could be completely wrong but they may very well still be backed up with billing tickets because of that too.

I know they had their whole incident a few weeks ago, I could be completely wrong but they may very well still be backed up with billing tickets because of that too.
    http://steadfast.net/services/vps.php

I couldn't open up.

Our VPS page loads for me. Still having issues?

One more thing: I just signed in the SSH(Connected failed few times)..I didn't install anything..

Our VPS page loads for me. Still having issues?
    Yap..I couldn't click on anything.

Yap..I couldn't click on anything.
    What browser are you using?

I would give Ken and the team some time, I'm sure they are still busy with the security breach that unfortunately happened last month.

Best of luck OP & Virpus.

OP is going to need a bit of luck, as others have stated they don't offer refunds. slow connection speed to YOUR location location does not automatically mean a problem with a host.

I expect that as soon as they catch up with their tickets your response will be "we don't offer refunds".

i had a server with virpus that i paid on a semi-annual basis, but after nearly 3 months the server was not been used and was no longer required so i placed a cancellation request for to cancel at end of period. this went in 3 days before they had the major security breach. when emails were sent out asking for those who were wanting to leave refunds would be given, but these would be sorted after they had sorted the server and got client that wished to stay backup. as i have placed a cancel notice it was not worth getting them to reset my server just to close it down in 3 months time. so i informed ken of this and he still told me he would refind remaining period, which he did a few days later.

I think after getting your server they may not refund full, because they have setuped it.

i had 2 1/2 months left when he was sorting out refund and he gave me 2 months refund. i was not expecing any refund as i place a cancel notice in before their problems

Thumbs down

I wish I had canceled, still no workable server -- they said they messed up the directadmin install and did i want it done again -- replied yes please, still nothing. Guess its time to give up -- lose about 2 months of prepaid time, but this is past anything I have ever dealt with! If I screw up on a customer, I dont ask -- Oh do you want that problem that makes your site useless fixed? I FIX IT! Then I contact the customer and go -=- I screwed up, its corrected now.
    Sasquatch Hosting, Inc
    Check out our new look and packages!!

White Hot Arcade
    Stop and play some fun arcade games for when its time to relax!

Quote Originally Posted by tnhomestead View Post
    I wish I had canceled, still no workable server -- they said they messed up the directadmin install and did i want it done again -- replied yes please, still nothing. Guess its time to give up -- lose about 2 months of prepaid time, but this is past anything I have ever dealt with! If I screw up on a customer, I dont ask -- Oh do you want that problem that makes your site useless fixed? I FIX IT! Then I contact the customer and go -=- I screwed up, its corrected now.
    well it did take them a week to get my DA licence in the first place, i think the reason they charge the prices they so is that they just dont have a clue on running a hosting business. i am like you if i mess up i fix it without asking the client does he want it fixed.