Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

InnoHosting, HostGator, or GreenGeeks?

Hello all. I have been researching reseller hosts. after doing my homework I have brought my decision down to one of the following hosts. InnoHosting, HostGator, and GreenGeeks.

InnoHosting is highly recommended here and also gets good reviews across the web. I really like their end-user support option. The only thing that I don't really like is the small space allowed to the accounts.

HostGator offers no end-user support, but they do offer one of the best support teams in the hosting biz. They also have great reviews here and across the web. The space allowed is reasonable and they also offer rebrandable tutorial videos to offer your clients.

GreenGeeks offers unlimited space (I know it is not possible, but they give you the option of putting "unlimited" on your site, which customers love to see.) They have a great support team. As far as reviews go, there are few here and there, most good. I love live chat. They are the only host of my choices who does not offer whmcs to resellers.

Please leave comments on which host you would choose. If you are a current customer of any of these hosts, please leave your experience and overall rating. Thanks in advance!

I once tried InnoHosting, year and a few months back, they were good
    █ Diego Rodríguez B. - https://diegorbaquero.com
    █ Software Engineer @ Protocol Labs | Filecoin Saturn

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Deroba View Post
    I once tried InnoHosting, year and a few months back, they were good
    Why are you no longer with them and who are you with now?

I tried GreenGeeks before, but of course there's no such thing as unlimited.
    Their servers were pretty fast and smooth.

With their 'unlimited' plans, I didn't really have to worry much about space, but I didn't use up much space either.

My plans were, 1GB, 4GB, 8GB Space and 10, 40, 80GB Bandwidth
    With the lowest plan, I was still able to get a 20-30 dollar profit

Quote Originally Posted by onlygaryd View Post
    Hello all. I have been researching reseller hosts. after doing my homework I have brought my decision down to one of the following hosts. InnoHosting, HostGator, and GreenGeeks.
    I've never heard of GreenGeeks.

InnoHosting is highly recommended here and also gets good reviews across the web. I really like their end-user support option. The only thing that I don't really like is the small space allowed to the accounts.
    Yes, IH is a great company for reseller hosting as recommended by many.

Their support is one of the best in the industry as well. You won't be disappointed.

HostGator offers no end-user support, but they do offer one of the best support teams in the hosting biz. They also have great reviews here and across the web. The space allowed is reasonable and they also offer rebrandable tutorial videos to offer your clients.
    I've never used them before but indeed they have a good reputation and the brandable tutorials sound pretty cool.

GreenGeeks offers unlimited space (I know it is not possible, but they give you the option of putting "unlimited" on your site, which customers love to see.) They have a great support team. As far as reviews go, there are few here and there, most good. I love live chat. They are the only host of my choices who does not offer whmcs to resellers.
    I advise you to stay away from any reseller hosting company selling unlimited plans. It's fine on shared hosting but sounds absolutely stupid on reseller hosting. Any reseller account that has overselling enabled will allow you to sell "unlimited" shared hosting plans.

Please leave comments on which host you would choose. If you are a current customer of any of these hosts, please leave your experience and overall rating. Thanks in advance!
    I'm using IH to host some of my sites and they are nothing but spectacular!

I am so far very impressed with greengeeks, I can finally run drupal websites with several memory intensive modules that were always crashing on other hosting services due to low allocated memory.

I recommended staying away from any providers offering ANYTHING Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by JFSG View Post
    I advise you to stay away from any reseller hosting company selling unlimited plans. It's fine on shared hosting but sounds absolutely stupid on reseller hosting. Any reseller account that has overselling enabled will allow you to sell "unlimited" shared hosting plans.
    I just took a look at their website and now I'm taking back my words. They have strict restrictions regarding the number of cPanel accounts you can create. Assuming each account takes up 1GB, it's only 250GB on their highest plan. For $99.95, it is logical.

Keep in mind that not everyone is going to use all of their available space. I recommend you worry about the other metrics first. By the time you hit the hard limit on a good provider there is no reason you couldn't afford to upgrade/add an additional account.
    I'm Rich
    Half the carbs, but twice the fun

If everything goes right the all businesses are good.
    You can find out if you are in good hands ONLY when things go wrong.

I will come back with more later...

Quote Originally Posted by emckai View Post
    I tried GreenGeeks before, but of course there's no such thing as unlimited.
    Their servers were pretty fast and smooth.

With their 'unlimited' plans, I didn't really have to worry much about space, but I didn't use up much space either.

My plans were, 1GB, 4GB, 8GB Space and 10, 40, 80GB Bandwidth
    With the lowest plan, I was still able to get a 20-30 dollar profit
    Thanks for the info. That seems like a good deal.

I've never heard of GreenGeeks.

Yes, IH is a great company for reseller hosting as recommended by many.

Their support is one of the best in the industry as well. You won't be disappointed.

I've never used them before but indeed they have a good reputation and the brandable tutorials sound pretty cool.

I'm using IH to host some of my sites and they are nothing but spectacular!
    Great response! Thank you very much. Yes the brandable tutorial videos are something I wish all reseller hosts offered.

Quote Originally Posted by edudomainhosting View Post
    I am so far very impressed with greengeeks, I can finally run drupal websites with several memory intensive modules that were always crashing on other hosting services due to low allocated memory.
    Thank you. It is good to know that even though they offer "unlimited" plans that their servers are up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by TBradley View Post
    I recommended staying away from any providers offering ANYTHING Unlimited.
    The thing about "unlimited" is that it really means that the hosting company does not put restrictions on the account. Of course there is a limit, but it is very unlikely anyone will ever reach those limits, so the company says you have unlimited everything. HostGator offers "unlimited" hosting plans, and they are one of the best known hosts on the net.

I just took a look at their website and now I'm taking back my words. They have strict restrictions regarding the number of cPanel accounts you can create. Assuming each account takes up 1GB, it's only 250GB on their highest plan. For $99.95, it is logical.
    It is good to know that someone else sees the logic of GreenGeeks plans. The word "unlimited" does not scare me. It just makes me look further into the details of the plan and company.

Quote Originally Posted by Richboos View Post
    Keep in mind that not everyone is going to use all of their available space. I recommend you worry about the other metrics first. By the time you hit the hard limit on a good provider there is no reason you couldn't afford to upgrade/add an additional account.
    Those were my sentiments as well. I could always upgrade or buy a new account if I need to. I just wanted to know which one of the 3 companies I mentioned you would recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Losvre View Post
    If everything goes right the all businesses are good.
    You can find out if you are in good hands ONLY when things go wrong.

I will come back with more later...
    Thank you.

brandable|?|

Great response! Thank you very much. Yes the brandable tutorial videos are something I wish all reseller hosts offered.
    This may be a bit of a lamah question since I am new to this but are you talking about the "brandable" videos tutorials in the cPanel section called "cPanel and WHM 11 Video Tutorials" or are you referring to other videos? How can you make these brandable?

Thanks!

This may be a bit of a lamah question since I am new to this but are you talking about the "brandable" videos tutorials in the cPanel section called "cPanel and WHM 11 Video Tutorials" or are you referring to other videos? How can you make these brandable?

Thanks!
    HostGator offers "400+ Brandable Video Tutorials for Your Clients". The videos are a custom plugin by HostGator. You can view a demo of how it works on their site at http://www.hostgator.com/resellers.shtml

hostgator templates

HostGator offers "400+ Brandable Video Tutorials for Your Clients". The videos are a custom plugin by HostGator. You can view a demo of how it works on their site at http://www.hostgator.com/resellers.shtml
    I am currently with greengeeks and looks like they have video tutorials similar to hostgator but not nearly as extensive: http://www.greengeeks.com/support/video-tutorials/

I may get a basic reseller account with hostgator just for the 4500 website templates. Can you offer access to these templates to your hosting customers? I do not see any option for the free web templates with greengeeks.

I am currently with greengeeks and looks like they have video tutorials similar to hostgator but not nearly as extensive: http://www.greengeeks.com/support/video-tutorials/

I may get a basic reseller account with hostgator just for the 4500 website templates. Can you offer access to these templates to your hosting customers? I do not see any option for the free web templates with greengeeks.
    I saw the GreenGeeks videos. However, they are just on the GreenGeeks site. You are not given rebrandable copies to work with. I also saw in the reseller hosting details at GreenGeeks that they do offer free templates.

How is your experience with GreenGeeks so far? Are you satisfied and do you think you will earn a fair profit with them?

I saw the GreenGeeks videos. However, they are just on the GreenGeeks site. You are not given rebrandable copies to work with. I also saw in the reseller hosting details at GreenGeeks that they do offer free templates.

How is your experience with GreenGeeks so far? Are you satisfied and do you think you will earn a fair profit with them?
    Interesting about greengeeks templates, I will have to take a harder look to find out how to access them. I did not see any option to access web templates in my account with them.

My experience with them has been good so far, although, I am very new to hosting and thought it would be a good hobby for my early retirement that I decided to take. I did very well the first day with four new accounts, but I was the customer for all four of them!

I am strictly hosting academic websites and installing/modifying several open source LMS solutions. I have also developed a unique drupal LMS website template as an option for my customers.

The websites I work on require several modules to be installed and work fine on greengeeks. Other hosting services I had in the past such as 1and1 could not handle the memory requirements for drupal or other LMS open source solutions.

As a cool thing to do for all the hard work been done by drupal module developers, I will be donating 10% of my customer fees to the developers of the modules been used for the academic website template.

As a retired prof., I also have full access to a few 15+ year old unused .edu domains so plan to offer free .edu subdomains to academic professionals.

If all fails, I will go back to my fishing and tequila hobby..

Interesting about greengeeks templates, I will have to take a harder look to find out how to access them. I did not see any option to access web templates in my account with them.

My experience with them has been good so far, although, I am very new to hosting and thought it would be a good hobby for my early retirement that I decided to take. I did very well the first day with four new accounts, but I was the customer for all four of them!

I am strictly hosting academic websites and installing/modifying several open source LMS solutions. I have also developed a unique drupal LMS website template as an option for my customers.

The websites I work on require several modules to be installed and work fine on greengeeks. Other hosting services I had in the past such as 1and1 could not handle the memory requirements for drupal or other LMS open source solutions.

As a cool thing to do for all the hard work been done by drupal module developers, I will be donating 10% of my customer fees to the developers of the modules been used for the academic website template.

As a retired prof., I also have full access to a few 15+ year old unused .edu domains so plan to offer free .edu subdomains to academic professionals.

If all fails, I will go back to my fishing and tequila hobby..
    Thank you so much for your knowledge and experience. I hope everything works out for us both. If not, I pass on the tequila, but I am not afraid to pick up a fishing pole!

Just to add another name into the mix: ezpzhosting

Normally when I read these reseller threads their name comes up, they seem to be well regarded.

Greengeeks plans appear to massively expensive for what they are.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

It's very hard to decide between Hostgator and InnoHosting. Both are fabulous, it will come down to whichever will fit your needs better. InnoHosting will probably work better for you since they offer end-user support, even if they offer little amounts of disk space.
    Jacob Wall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast