Does Parallels give refunds to partially used licenses

I pay my hosting co quaterly. After two weeks of the first month of the current billing cycle (been with them for almost 2 yrs), I want to cancel the virtuozzo and plesk licenses. Said hosting co tells me I they cant issue a refund for the remaining time on those licenses, even if only for the last 2 prepaid months.

Given that they probably dont pay Parallels for all 3 months in advance, I wonder how can that be. They are probably just trying to keep my money, right?

Does McDonald's give a refund for a partially eaten sandwich?

Actually, it all boils down to how each hosting provider pays for their licensing. Each agreement is generally unique between the licensee and their upstream vendors.

Generally, there's a no refund policy on anything centered around licensing (based on past experiences in the hosting industrr)
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Generally, there's a no refund policy on anything centered around licensing (based on past experiences in the hosting industrr)
    ok, but the question is whether the hosting co payed for 3 months in advance just bc I paid them 3 months in advance... probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by crashnet View Post
    ok, but the question is whether the hosting co payed for 3 months in advance just bc I paid them 3 months in advance... probably not.
    As Douglas was saying, the arrangement between your host and Parallels (his vendor) is unknown. For example, what and when we pay Parallels for our own licensing differs from other hosts. It's determined by volume and relationship.

It has also been my experience that licensing is non-refundable at most hosting providers.
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

You will probably find the terms of service with provider say no refund on licenses. As such I would think you are out of luck
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

turns out that, after notifying them that I was considering cancelling the entire server due to sleazy sales tactics on behalf of the person i am dealing with, they "remembered" that they CAN refund the unused two months...

cant stand sleazy salespeople...

I believe most of the host will not refund the remaining license period, but solely depends on your payment terms.
    For example if you by quarterly and you asking cancellation after one month, i believe you will get your refund on the remaining months.
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by crashnet View Post
    cant stand sleazy salespeople...
    Amen to that. Unfortunately, some are driven by the almighty dollar (pound, dinar, rupee, sterling, euro, etc etc etc, haha). And it's people like that that give the rest of us (you know... the ones that actually give half a d*mn and love taking care of customers) a bad rap.

I've been in the sales industry for 13+ years, and have seen some sleezy stuff going on. And yes, sometimes I tick my boss(es) off because I refuse to be driven by money. I'd rather focus on forging a good partnership with custoemrs/clients. :

Glad to hear that you're getting your money back. It's definitely not the norm in this industry.

word. when this is all wrapped up I will probably post of report of my experience here.