Need advice, I want to change my hosting (iPage)

Hello all,
    I am a new member here, and I hope I'll find the best answers to my questions.

Let's go straight to my "story" .
    Currently I have about 3 sites and all of them are hosted with iPage.com, my renewal date is coming and as I really had bad experience with them, I want to change my hosting with another company. By bad experience I mean slow server, loading time is very big, and I really want to try something else, even if the servers are slow, their support is GREAT, my tickets were solved fast time.
    Another reason for changing the hosting is the price, which is not so big, but i really don't have $100 for the renewal (for the next 2 months), so I need something cheap for the first invoice.

I thought using stablehost, as I read a lot of good reviews, but I still want to know some other opinions.

Thanks all in advance.
      0 Not allowed!

You also need to consider remote backups, it is very often a server got hacked and the backup files are on the same server. We started to do remote backups for all clients since last year.
      0 Not allowed!

Bad luck for your negative experiences. You can get more reliable windows hosting packages with huge space and transfer. Due to the healthier competitions in the hosting industry the rates are cheaper then ever. However, try to be specific about the kind of requirement you have interms of space, BW, DBs etc.

Look for the experienced and reliable windows hosting providers at much cheap rates in the industry.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for your fast response guys.

Okay, so here are my basic requirements :
    10-15 GB of space
    300 - 500 GB Monthly Bandwith
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited SubDomains
    Unlimited Databases
    cPanel
    Fantastico/Softaculous
    Unlimited e-mail addresses/auto responders etc..
    Dedicated IP possibility

That's all at the momment.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandruStefan View Post
    Thanks for your fast response guys.

Okay, so here are my basic requirements :
    10-15 GB of space
    300 - 500 GB Monthly Bandwith
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited SubDomains
    Unlimited Databases
    cPanel
    Fantastico/Softaculous
    Unlimited e-mail addresses/auto responders etc..
    Dedicated IP possibility

That's all at the momment.
    What about "Installatron" instead of "Fantastico"?

What about 310 domains/databases instead of unlimited..?

Let us know the prices as well, thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

As I mentioned in my first post, it will be great if I can get a discounted first invoice.
    Let's say about $20 for my first invoice (3 Months or 6 Months billing, depends what the hosting can offer).
      0 Not allowed!

try searching web hosting promo in WHT, i am sure you will find Promo Code for your need
    Cheap OpenVPN Secure & VPN Proxy Bowser
    CHEAPSTATICVPN.COM
      0 Not allowed!

As I mentioned in my first post, it will be great if I can get a discounted first invoice.
    Let's say about $20 for my first invoice (3 Months or 6 Months billing, depends what the hosting can offer).
    Search "coupon codes".
      0 Not allowed!

Well, Stable Host suits my needs somehow and they have a promo of 65% discount on first invoice, but I would really like to hear some other opinions.

LaterEdit: I have already searched coupon codes on google and here, but I am not willing to sign up with big companies like HostGator, GoDaddy, JustHost etc... I am tired of bad experience with such companies.
    I want something with less "unlimited" words in their plans, so far only Stable Host seems to be okay, cause I've also read a lot of good reviews.
    But as I am a little newb when comes about hosting companies, and all my experience was only with big companies, I thought would be a good idea to ask here on the forum for an advice.
    Last edited by AlexandruStefan; 02-07-2011 at 06:33 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Even if the new website seem to be exactly what you need, I would suggest to keep paying on a monthly basis, as most hosts don't give back money on the periods remaining, if you decide to host again somewhere else. It is a one directional payment system.
    If you can consider hosting in the UK, then there are some great offers and depending on your country location, you can ask for VAT exception (20%) if you are outside the EU.
    Also look for special discount coupons (one time or lifetime).
    Good luck with your search.
      0 Not allowed!

Usually promocodes from the companies are attractive and I like when the company provides them.
    Good chance to have quality services saving some funds.
    Just my two cents.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks all for your hints.

So far, I've found 3 Hosting Companies which can I choose from:

-StableHost
    -HawkHost
    -GeekStorage

All of them have promo codes, which is great.
    But now I am facing another "issue": which one to choose.

StableHost have great reviews, also HawkHost, but as far as I can see in the Advertising Forums, GeekStorage has no reviews yet.

So we have StableHost vs HawkHost based on the statement above.

Need some help here...
      0 Not allowed!

GeekStorage has no reviews yet
    I have not use any of them personally, but one thing I can tell you is if a company does not have any reviews that is not necessarily a bad thing. People are usually quicker to post a bad review than a good one and if they are active on these forums you can bet if there are problems with a company you will find the dirt here.

My take on it is if there are no bad reviews that is a good sign.
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters
      0 Not allowed!

Try this little test:
    Send them all a support ticket on anything technical and same question and see who responds fastest and with more details. This can give you at least an indication if their support system is resposive and how polite they are.
      0 Not allowed!

- StableHost
    - HawkHost

Those are fine.
    I use Stablehost starting last month, and a friend has used them for 1+ years. No complaints.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

Another two great hints.
    Thanks a lot guys, as usual fast response.
    I guess you are right Kevin K...
    And yes Searching10, I'll try the test. I guess that will be decisive.
      0 Not allowed!

You would find so many company who serving and promising so much for performance over internet. But just open your eyes give some time to ready and study about company that would give you insight about company you must visit at client review page. Make a little communication with them and select best for you.

I hope you would get an excellent company

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-09-2011 at 03:30 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

<<snipped>>

Hello all,
    Hello!

I am a new member here, and I hope I'll find the best answers to my questions.
    Welcome to WHT! Great to have you hear

Let's go straight to my "story" .
    Reading...

Currently I have about 3 sites and all of them are hosted with iPage.com, my renewal date is coming and as I really had bad experience with them, I want to change my hosting with another company. By bad experience I mean slow server, loading time is very big, and I really want to try something else, even if the servers are slow, their support is GREAT, my tickets were solved fast time.
    Another reason for changing the hosting is the price, which is not so big, but i really don't have $100 for the renewal (for the next 2 months), so I need something cheap for the first invoice.
    I have transferred accounts from iPad before and must admit that there networks even though they may seem sturdy they are very slow and quite un-responsive at the best of times, I suppose they are named "unlimited" for a reason.

I thought using stablehost, as I read a lot of good reviews, but I still want to know some other opinions.
    I do not think you should have many issues with Stablehost, I think it would be a wise choice. You should contact their Sales Department and see how well they respond to your needs.

Thanks all in advance.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-09-2011 at 03:31 AM.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks all for helping me choose the best hosting.

I've choosed HawkHost, so far I am very happy with them.
    After a few days I'll post a full review.

Thanks again for your help.
      0 Not allowed!