Question Is Cogswell Enterprises Inc the same as WiredTree?

I just purchased a gaming forum (with a few blogs) with the Call of Duty name etched on top of it.

I used domain tools to find the server its on, and the owner told me his server is on wiredtree...

Here's what I don't get: Why bother making the server use the name "Cogswell Enterprises Inc"? I see no references to "Cogswell Enterprises Inc" in WiredTree's website.

I was trying to pinpoint the server so that I can know what to do next. Even with the information provided to me, I still haven't made a move because the information's not right. Well, it seems that way.

As of right now, I am at a loss of what to do at this point... Leave the site(s) on the server, move the content over to my name or completely move the site(s) off that server?

I also have a friend that is hosting my sites - I have made thoughts of moving off his server and getting my own. His server is hosted on hivelocity.

See, I've seen a few downtimes with wiredtree in 2 months, whereas I've seen one with hivelocity.
    Returns after a long haitus.

Yes, Cogswell Enterprises Inc is the parent company to Wired Tree. They are one and the same.

One and the same company ... what is the reason of using that?

http://www.wiredtree.com//legal/msa.php

It's all written there.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Yep, they are the same, if everything works, I don't see a reason to move anything ...
    beast5.com - Managed Hosting Solutions 2004 - 2016

A lot of companies have D/B/A's. For example I have a company, "Serious Internet Solutions, LLC." however that's not the name of the provider that the company operates and as such there is a D/B/A. The legal company name and the trademark itself do not have to be the same although, in most locations, there needs to be legal documentation to connect the two such as a D/B/A filed with the state or local municipality.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JFSG View Post
    Wow. I didn't see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by beastserv View Post
    Yep, they are the same, if everything works, I don't see a reason to move anything ...
    Hmmm......
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    A lot of companies have D/B/A's. For example I have a company, "Serious Internet Solutions, LLC." however that's not the name of the provider that the company operates and as such there is a D/B/A. The legal company name and the trademark itself do not have to be the same although, in most locations, there needs to be legal documentation to connect the two such as a D/B/A filed with the state or local municipality.
    I know that, I'm the founder and Chief Executive Officer of my own incorporated company. The thing is, if I was Cogswell, I would put that name in more than one place - because when I did a google/yahoo search, it turned up only a few pages pointing to different sites/companies. That's why I started this thread.

Anyway, in any case, I have a new question, what is the general consensus with regards to WiredTree?

Let me re-phrase that: What do you guys think of WiredTree? Reputable? Good? Bad?
    Last edited by Fiesty; 02-08-2011 at 04:28 AM.
    Returns after a long haitus.