Configuring subdomain to point to Supersite - CNAME, DNS issues

I've searched the forums and read ResellerClub's KnowledgeBase about setting your fully branded SuperSite URL and I'm not certain I understand what to do in my particular case.

How do I set up a fully branded SuperSite URL when my domain is registered with ResellerClub and the website is hosted by a different provider?

I have the domain example.com registered with ResellerClub and hosted with a different company. I would like my fully branded SuperSite URL to be sub.example.com. I would also like to keep the example.com website hosted with the non-RC hosting provider. How do I do this? The ResellerClub instructions tell me to change my nameservers from my hosting provider's nameservers to Reseller Club's required nameservers and add a CNAME record. But if I want to keep example.com hosted by my current hosting provider then changing the nameservers doesn't sound correct.

Do I create the CNAME record via my hosting provider's CPANEL instead of through ResellerClub? Is there anything else I need to do? I'd love it if someone could walk me through the process - do x via hosting provider account, do y via ResellerClub account, etc.

Thank you in advance!

If your domain example.com is having its dns hosted in your cpanel server, then it easier to create a canme record there much simpler. Request your support to do it for you if you are not sure. If you have your domain dns hosted with reseller club then you may have to add the cname in reseller club panel

You don't have to use ResellerClub's DNS, you can use any DNS as long as you can mange the zone.

You just have to create A or CNAME record for your subdomain with the IP or URL provided by RC.

Most probably your host already must be knowing this and if you have good knowledge of managing zone, you can do it from within your cPanel.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Thank you so much for your help.

I created a CNAME record using my hosting provider's WHM panel:

sub.example.com IN CNAME supersite.url

Then I added the sub.example.com URL to the SuperSite URL settings page in my ResellerClub account.

Did I do that correctly? The changes don't seem to have taken effect yet but ResellerClub says it can take up to 72 hours.

It worked! Please consider my question answered. Thanks so much!

hi, sorry to revive old post.. but i got same problem.. i'm already add CNAME domain.example.com IN CPANEL cp.myorderbox.com but when i access domain.example.com browser said redirect loop

Quote Originally Posted by andregeges View Post
    hi, sorry to revive old post.. but i got same problem.. i'm already add CNAME domain.example.com IN CPANEL cp.myorderbox.com but when i access domain.example.com browser said redirect loop
    The DNS needs time to propagate. Leave it 24 hours to be sure. Sometimes you need to clear your browser cache.

The DNS needs time to propagate. Leave it 24 hours to be sure. Sometimes you need to clear your browser cache.
    hi evohost,
    my link is working now.. it's right i need to wait.. but i had some problem my attachment maybe can explain better..

1. why my customer need to verify email address to my reseller domain? as i know when i register domain and hosting in other host i don't need it.. i see in my reseller account if my customer email address not verified until xx week it will deactive..

i just want mycustomer access domain from my client area

2. as you look at my attachment, my link at domain.xxxx.com has a combobox to choose login as reseller or customer.. i want to add domain.xxxx.com/customer in my cname but i can't..

my screenshot show my current setting and my result.. i blur my domain..

thanks for any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cPanel X - Advanced DNS Zone Editor 2014-05-08 08-43-11 2014-05-08 08-44-07.jpg   Welcome 2014-05-08 08-46-08 2014-05-08 08-49-08.jpg   Branding Settings 2014-05-08 08-50-00 2014-05-08 08-51-01.jpg   Inbox  Martien Sawtu (93 messages, 4 unread) 2014-05-08 08-52-03 2014-05-08 08-52-55.jpg  

hi evohost,
    my link is working now.. it's right i need to wait.. but i had some problem my attachment maybe can explain better..

1. why my customer need to verify email address to my reseller domain? as i know when i register domain and hosting in other host i don't need it.. i see in my reseller account if my customer email address not verified until xx week it will deactive..

i just want mycustomer access domain from my client area
    This is due to a new rule by ICANN, all email addresses must be verified. No way around this.

2. as you look at my attachment, my link at domain.xxxx.com has a combobox to choose login as reseller or customer.. i want to add domain.xxxx.com/customer in my cname but i can't..

my screenshot show my current setting and my result.. i blur my domain..

thanks for any help
    DNS only handles domain name, so you may only point your domain to an IP address at your host (either NS, A or CNAME records -- depending on your setup). Because the ResellerClub system is designed to be resold over and over again, this requires the option to allow resellers and clients to login. Personally, I believe they should be detecting which type of user they are on login. But that's not how they chose to do it. The best you can do is link from your main site to the client login page directly (domain.xxxxx.com/customer). There is no way to do this through DNS.