AxisHost Four Year review

Figured I would go ahead and share my experience before I leave the host. I have a hosting account with AxisHost, and host my uncle's domain for him (www.signblazers.com) along with a few other domains over the course of time I've been with them.

First, let me start by saying, their servers have excellent uptime. So I didn't have to contact them much (Tina is the owner and Frank handles tech support, but I may be wrong).

However, if there is an issue, each response takes 24+ hours, except for the initial response which may be within a few hours. So if we have to go back and forth, two responses from them and two from me, we quickly approach 3+ days for resolution, even if my responses are immediately after theirs.

In October, my account was suspended without any notice, and this was corrected (within an hour so not bad) and Tina added a free month to the service. This is when I noticed that my primary domain with the reseller account no longer existed on their server. The reason behind this was never found and no explanation was given but considering I had never uploaded anything to the primary account, I didn't make a big deal out of this. Resolution time on this was around 3 days and I had to explain myself in multiple ways to get this resolved so lacking attention to detail but again that's not a huge deal because I've found this to be the case across the industry, as if the reader of the support ticket reads the first line and responds without really carefully reading the entire ticket.

Basically, if you want good uptime, their servers are very good and not overloaded. But God forbid you have an urgent issue, you will be waiting hours, if not days, for a resolution, including billing, which I would say has an average 2-5 days response time and if the response is a question, then you might as well change hosts because you won't be getting a response for days. Actually, let me be fair, initial response time is under a day, but again, if they are asking you a question, the second response comes after 48+ hours almost everytime.

Disclaimer, I am pretty irritated by their communication or lack thereof, so this review might be slightly biased and the reader should take that into consideration. And to Tina's credit, she has always been very polite, if and when, she responds. So the problem isn't that they are rude, but timely communication and of course that is very subjective, if you are okay with waiting a few days, then this is the host to go with. But the norm for other web hosts I have been with and am currently with is resolution of nearly all issues within a day, specially when I'm responding to all questions within a matter of minutes so they aren't held up waiting for me to answer any follow up questions they have.

Other hosts I have had a good experience with:
    - InnoHosting (very prompt communication)
    - JaguarPC (very prompt communication)
    - HostGator (very prompt communication)
    - Dotable (very good uptime but communication is similar to AxisHost and this was over 2+ years ago so not sure what the current is considering new ownership now)
    - SurpassHosting/HostDime (very prompt communication)

My point is, having been a reseller and at one point a small web hosting provider with my own boxes is that, a server is bound to have problems, but I judge an organization by how fast and attentively they respond to my support/billing requests. In today's world (and this is only my opinion), people are expecting quick responses. Now if there is a major outage, I understand that the support queue might be backed up, but in regular circumstances, I am less forgiving.
    ░▒▓ STOP!
    ░▒▓
    ░▒▓ DO NOT Host with DoNotHosting!!!
    ░▒▓
    RULES, LIMITS, and MORE rules.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterZim View Post
    However, if there is an issue, each response takes 24+ hours, except for the initial response which may be within a few hours. So if we have to go back and forth, two responses from them and two from me, we quickly approach 3+ days for resolution, even if my responses are immediately after theirs.
    Thank you for your great and detailed review. I'm sorry to hear about the lack of communications between you and AxisHost. Generally I would say that taking up to 24 hours to reply to a single issue is really too long. I have no idea how you are able to cope for 4 years with them. Most host nowdays even offer 30 minutes guaranteed response times. You should actually move on earlier.

But, I couldn't really judge at the support unless I look at the prices. If you are paying up to $20 plus per month for such hosting, it's really recommended for you to find a new home for your websites.

All the best
      0 Not allowed!

That looks like a fairly balanced review, detailing both positives and negatives. Decreasing response time should not be all that hard to achieve, and if your experience is more or less typical, I'm sure that Tina will put your feedback to good use.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah I would still like to emphasize that the reason I've been with them is primarily because their servers are VERY good and because they aren't exactly the cheapest host around, $19.99 for 2 gb of space, their servers aren't as loaded as other hosts. Uptime is very important considering the website hosted there is the final step for customer's to pay and my uncle's business relies on the sales (just like any other business).

I will probably be staying with them, simply because the website isn't mine and getting my uncle to risk the downtime to transfer hosts is unlikely.
    ░▒▓ STOP!
    ░▒▓
    ░▒▓
      0 Not allowed!

Good to hear that Tina's still providing reliable services! But it's too bad that the AxisHost support level has dropped some. I remember seeing Tina around WHT quite often, but haven't seen her around lately.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for sharing a detailed review. I hope they will read this review and improve their service accordingly.

Good luck with your next host.
    Subodh Manikoth [Netmagics.com - In Business Since 2007]
    Linux & Windows Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Master Reseller | Alpha Reseller | VPS
    99.9% Uptime SLA | 30 Days Money Back | 24x7 Live Support
    Payment Methods: PayPal/Credit Card, Indian ATM/Debit Cards/NetBanking, Bank Deposit
      0 Not allowed!

Update: No response from Tina yet, and the ticket was opened well before I started this thread. However, perhaps she doesn't respond to billing tickets over the weekend, but even then we're well over 3 days (not counting Saturday/Sunday).
    ░▒▓ STOP!
    ░▒▓
    ░▒▓
      0 Not allowed!

Update: The original ticket was opened February 2 at 5PM. Tina responded 8 hours later on February 3 at 1AM. I responded to her response on February 3 at 4:30AM. Still no response.

Now I'm kind of worried about her. Does anyone know if she is out sick or something of that sort? I hope all is well.

I submitted another ticket to tech support explaining the situation and am hoping that Frank can provide an update regarding why Tina has been unresponsive for such a long period of time, though it's not entirely something new.
    ░▒▓ STOP!
    ░▒▓
    ░▒▓
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the honest review which clearly explains plus and minus points. It seems there is something wrong as I could find another thread also with a similar issue with lack of communication. Hope Tina would respond soon.
      0 Not allowed!

:-) looks like tina's mailbox is full with long queue of support tickets to be answered.
      0 Not allowed!

OFFICIAL REVIEW

I have yet to receive a response from either the support department or the billing department and it has been over a week. Tina responded once in between and created me a new invoice, not realizing that I had already paid my invoice. Now the account is pending suspension and I can't get a hold of anyone for days.

MY OFFICIAL REVIEW OF AXISHOST:

DO NOT HOST WITH THEM. Granted they were decent in the past, but as of right now, they are impossible to reach.

Moderator: please close this thread.
    ░▒▓ STOP!
    ░▒▓
    ░▒▓
      0 Not allowed!

Moderator: please close this thread.
    As you wish.

Sorry to hear things have really turned sour.
      0 Not allowed!