which one u suggest? Apache or Ngix?

I want to run a download site with joomla cms and want to know which web server I should use from the beginning?

If you can setup nginx, why even ask that question?

I just wanted to select one and I'll pay to config Ngix for me .I'm a newbie and dont know much and want to use your experiences and skills..
    So you say I should use ngix?

Quote Originally Posted by navibd View Post
    I want to run a download site with joomla cms and want to know which web server I should use from the beginning?
    Are you going to be setting up nginx in a dedicated environment?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

yes.
    is it good or bad?
    I read somewhere I nginx and apache can set together...
    Is it improve the ability and speed?

yes.
    is it good or bad?
    I read somewhere I nginx and apache can set together...
    Is it improve the ability and speed?
    well if you are running a dedicated environment, and you know how to manage/configure nginx correctly, then it will probably run faster than apache (personally I have never compared the two), but I have heard. Either way, I suggest doing proper research before going with a web server you are not familiar with, you can find more information about nginx here...

http://wiki.nginx.org/Main
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Do you currently use a control panel like cPanel or DirectAdmin?
    Preetam Jinka

Isomerous - High performance web services for business and individuals.
    Bitcable Colocation, KVMs, cPanel hosting, Oracle expertise, and more.

if there is no need for nginx & you are not keen about managing it , stick to apache, its well documented, and very modular.
    beast5.com - Managed Hosting Solutions 2004 - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by beastserv View Post
    if there is no need for nginx & you are not keen about managing it , stick to apache, its well documented, and very modular.
    When it comes to downloads(and streaming) I want to say that NGINX beats out Apache by lots from what I've heard. Although I've personally never used NGINX, why not give it a try and see if it decreases download times?
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

Reverse proxy apache for dynamic and add another host (img.example.com) directly serving static content.

Apache

I would personally sugguest Apache ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    When it comes to downloads(and streaming) I want to say that NGINX beats out Apache by lots from what I've heard. Although I've personally never used NGINX, why not give it a try and see if it decreases download times?
    Can you link to the source?
    Preetam Jinka

Isomerous - High performance web services for business and individuals.
    Bitcable Colocation, KVMs, cPanel hosting, Oracle expertise, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitcable View Post
    Can you link to the source?
    There's no specific one I'm referencing, I'm just saying in general from what I've heard.
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    Reverse proxy apache for dynamic and add another host (img.example.com) directly serving static content.
    This would be the best option.

If you are using a control panel like directadmin or cPanel , I suggest to use Nginx as a front end proxy for your apache. So you can fix all .htaccess issue , php issues ,etc,.
    24x7 PRO-ACTIVE SERVER MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCED WEB HOSTING SUPPORT
    Now Available The first Support Brand for Startup Hosting Companies

Sales : sales @ syslint.com | Skype us : SyslintSkype | Call us : (+91)6007799

I just wanted to select one and I'll pay to config Ngix for me .I'm a newbie and dont know much and want to use your experiences and skills..
    So you say I should use ngix?
    For downloads without a doubt I can recommend nginx and there should already be a modified htaccess for joomla in case you need FURLs.

Apache is still useful when you need to run files that are under zend/ioncube/sg and so on, as I'm not sure if it's even possible to modify nginx to run something like that.

Simple rule if you can get it running - use nginx

if your not sure how to set up Ngix your self i would stay with Apache as its well know by and lot off people and its also easier to get help with and plus its runs cpanel directadmin ect.

only use Ngix if there is an reason to else just use Apache

We use Nginx, it is better to handle static files.

If you're going to hire a sysadmin, you should consult him on the matter and trust him to give you the best setup.

Here's how I personally see it:

- nginx really outperforms Apache in terms of downloads, but its performance-oriented design means less features and more difficult setup.

- ... but but doesn't mean that Apache has bad performance. It works just fine for several medium and large-volume sites.

- You can use nginx to proxy Apache for the benefits of both sides, but with PHP-FPM support in nginx, the Apache part is slowly fading out of the equation if you decide to use nginx.

- Apache has been around for a very long time, and there's a lot more support for it. Its modularity is also quite nice.

Finally, yeah: if you have to ask, you should consult a sysadmin.

I was a nginx fan previously but i found some bugs or problems in the server, i know i had configured the server properly, but still i used to get forbidden error on most of my clients websites. I dont mean to say it is bad, but i have switched back to apache. Thinking about changing to litespeed.
    Nexim Web Hosting
    Reliable And Affordable Web, Reseller and VPS Hosting
    Advanced DDoS Protecion | Unmetered Bandwidth | Virtualizor | cPanel | MariaDB | LiteSpeed LSAPI | SSH/GIT Access | Nightly Backups and more.
    Contact: mail [at] neximweb.com / +19707033844 / Live Support on Website

Quote Originally Posted by KSubedi View Post
    I was a nginx fan previously but i found some bugs or problems in the server, i know i had configured the server properly, but still i used to get forbidden error on most of my clients websites. I dont mean to say it is bad, but i have switched back to apache. Thinking about changing to litespeed.
    that.. isn't nginx's problem..

I don't see LiteSpeed as being a good alternative to either apache or nginx since it's not open source...

Anyways, nginx + php-fpm is going to be a rock solid platform for hosting your Joomla site. If you are going to configure your own vps then it is no more difficult to set up than apache. A little bit of searching and you'll find all the info you need to get your site online.

Just a few tweaks in your php-fpm.conf file and you'll be up an running in no time. I'd be glad to post a short howto on this subject for Gentoo and Debian Linux if anyone is interested.
    AltruHost - Our Public Beta has been announced!!! - A webhost on the Rise... Altruism AKA Selflessness AKA The Golden Rule. That is what AltruHost is all about.
    http://www.altruhost.com - Like Us on Facebook - Follow Us on Twitter

Apache is the trusted and tried option I think. Ngix is geared more towards users who know how to do the set up blindfolded.
    My Site : Chi Chi's Floral [Under Construction - Link Coming Soon!]

Hosted by: Myhosting.com - 10 months and counting!

Here is a howto for nginx and php-fpm on debian if anyone is interested:
    nginx + php-fpm + debian squeeze tutorial
    AltruHost - Our Public Beta has been announced!!! - A webhost on the Rise... Altruism AKA Selflessness AKA The Golden Rule. That is what AltruHost is all about.

You're going to miss that .htaccess if you go with nginx.

Crucial Web Host is offline [email protected]
    nginx or apache? Seriously?

The question is is what server will you be using nginx to reverse proxy - and the likely candidate would be Litespeed - Apache wouldnt even be considered in this equation.
    CrucialHosting.com - Performance Hosting Solutions:
    SamsClub.com - Walmart.com - Ellusionist.com - CampSaver.com

Check out our Site Showcase for more big brand examples!

Quote Originally Posted by tchen View Post
    You're going to miss that .htaccess if you go with nginx.
    Not as much as you might think though because php 5.3.0 or later supports the use of .user.ini files (instead of .htaccess) when serving php with fastcgi. This at least solves the need to customize your php config on a per folder basis:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/configu...e.per-user.php

Unless your joomla site is incredibly busy and has a history of eating up system resources, I'd stick with Apache.
    BackupTeddy - Easy Linux Backups
    Easiest automated backups for webmasters with VPS's or Servers

Apache and Nginx

Apache for dynamic content =PHP Files etc
    Nginx as a reverse proxy for the static content images, files, documents, css sheets, etc

if you use cpanel there is a plugin for nginx cpnginx by syslint.com it's really good and easy to use

also nginx uses a lot less memory and is stable under loads for static content.

joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware

I would personally sugguest Nginx..

Quote Originally Posted by Syslint View Post
    If you are using a control panel like directadmin or cPanel , I suggest to use Nginx as a front end proxy for your apache. So you can fix all .htaccess issue , php issues ,etc,.
    +1 for Syslint

you can manage nginx to catch all host as front end to apache. references go to howtoforge maybe. they've many documentation for that.