Email problem. New host, all smtp IPs are blacklisted. Emails bouncing.

I recently switched to a new shared hosting provider.
    I'm happy with their service but unfortunately their email server IPs all seem to be blacklisted.
    Email that I send to Hotmail, AOL and Bellsouth.net (atat) amongst others are bouncing. It looks like the only way I can send to gmail is if I'm replying to the gmail member's message.

The only way I can send email is to set the SMTP server to another hosting account that I have with another host. (not sure how or why it just lets me send email that way but I'm not so sure I like that but it is a temporary solution.

The tech support for the host tried switching the IPs, and even set up custom/ reverse dns and also set up domain keys. They also tried contacting a couple of the email services that are blocking my mail and so far , going on 2 weeks now, no resolution.

Any ideas?

I see this happening a lot with certain providers. If you do not mind me asking who is your current web host?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Your host should know what they need to do in order to get the IP removed from whatever spam database it is listed in.

2 weeks is unacceptable and most people would have already moved to a new provider.
    HostMantis Affordable Web Hosting
    Shared Reseller VPS 24/7/365 Support Instant Activation
    CloudLinux CloudFlare Softaculous Premium Multi PHP cPanel
    Also offering Windows Hosting with Plesk 12 Multi PHP MSSQL ASP.NET

As HostMantis pointed out, your host should have removed the IP from the database and added a new one.

Have you reported this issue yet?
    If the problem continues for another week or so, I would move to a different host.

You should ask your provider to solve this Problem, but you can check, some Blacklist Providers allow that Domains, running under the IP Address can be taken of the Blacklist. Does not work always but sometimes.

2 weeks to get removed from blacklists in unacceptable. Either they have had continuous issues with spam and quite possibly they are not letting them off the lists or they just plain out don't know what they are doing.

They should be monitoring this spam a little more closely to prevent these issues. It does happen from time to time, but usually if it does happen it only takes a day or 2 to get removed form the list.
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

I had same probleme in October last year..here is the story..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=986523

bobzilla
    evflyers.com

I should mention it's a dedicated IP.

Several years ago my email was blocked by a couple of mass ISP providers. But they used to make it easy. They'd give you a form to fill out and a few hours later, the emails would start going through.

Now, the bounce messages say contact your ISP or IT person. I do think they are doing everything they can. You can't expect real good service from atat or hotmail. Like they give a crap if your email doesn't go through/

If they cannot unblock your ip address, can they not provide you a new one that has not been blacklisted?
    CrocWeb :: Canadian Web Hosting
    Accelerate your website, maximum performance!
    www.crocweb.com :: Since 2009 (Montreal, Quebec)

I'm checking my IP addresses a couple of times a week to ensure I don't get on any of the RBLs ... using rblmon.com for it right now.

This could be more than an email problem. Your IP address may be blocked for more than email; you may also be on real time blacklists for corporations, NGOs, and even private blacklist services because a server sending out spam is probably a server also doing other bad things.

If they can't get it fixed, move the account. This is like the landlord letting his dog poop in your yard.

changing the provider will be better way, if they couldn't solve this problem.
    open a firm in Turkey
    We assist you in Turkey

If you do not send large mailing list, you could use Google Apps instead, it is free for 7 gig space.

find other web hosting provider is the best solution for you...
    Cheap OpenVPN Secure & VPN Proxy Bowser
    CHEAPSTATICVPN.COM

Some major dnsbl will not lift their ban if the abuse still continue. they also blacklist whole c class /24 if they think you have to much spammy neighborhood. one good solution if you don't want to leave your current hosting, you can change your email to google apps.

OK I will look into Google Apps.
    I am paid up for a while with the host so I will try this first.
    I'm not familiar with it at all. I send low volume email. Like 35 messages a week on average.