Thread: NL VPS needed

NL VPS needed

I want a VPS located in NL , to have Openvpn, rtorrent with rutorrent, nginx.

Specification would be

512 ram no burstable, virtualization would be openvz/xen, full root access and able to add own iptables configuration.

Data transfer bandwidth would be 5000 GB

My torrents speed would be limited to 5 mbps

Price Budget would be 15-20 $ per month.

if you have any offer please let me know. willing to consider it for my own personal use.

Thank You

5TB for $15-20?
    Had it not been for that, I'd have suggested http://ecovps.com
    For 5TB, however, I think you need a bigger budget.
    Also not aware of their torrent policy -- not something I've tried (or needed)
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

thanks for the reply. ecovps highest data transfer is only up to 600 GB.
    and they are unmanaged which is also fine for me. i can make it 20-25 $ per month but not more . for 5 TB bandwidth
    Last edited by Ali Hadi; 02-05-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Sorry to say, but you won't find any host offering 5TB Bandwidth for $20

OK what would be your recommendation if i choose to limit the speed of my rtorrent to 5 mbps only ?

Then i need less bandwidth data transfer right , rather then one i said for 5000 GB ?

any advice and suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
    Last edited by Ali Hadi; 02-05-2011 at 06:17 AM.

does any knows a provider that allows torrent content or not ?

looking for a provider under 15-25 $ per month with 2 TB bandwidth minimum

possible i would need NL one becasue that network is better for our Dubai,UAE connection

thank you

Torrent clients tend to decrease disk IO and also increase network latency / packet loss. I wouldn't want anyone running torrent client on the same node with me, at least if not configured properly.

If the torrents are not legal, a lot of hosts will also be concerned about that.

Dedicated servers are a lot more suitable for torrents. That's something I don't have anything against and most hosts don't either unless it's on shared pipe or you're causing tons of DMCA notices. That's something you could look into, but that will more likely cost you closer to 100$. You could probably try renting so called shared seedboxes for lower price.

If you're actually looking a reliable connection with guaranteed 2TB bandwidth with a host that doesn't really care about torrenting, I doubt you can do that with 25$.
    Last edited by veepee; 02-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Sorry but for a dedicated server with just about 5TB costs a provider at least $100 /mo for a decent spec server too.

You won't be getting that bandwidth on a non oversold server at 20$.

thank you guys for your feedback. you are correct that no one would want to have torrent client as it increase network latency/packets .. also about the seedbox shared one seems like a good idea. so veepee do you know a good seedbox provider on a shared host ?

@Dsrv correct dedicated server would be feasible option but in my case don't have that kind of budget for 100$ but i'll add this to my notepad to try and look for a dedicated server in future.

PlusWebHost.com - 24/7 Phone Support
    Enkompass Windows Hosting - cPanel NginX Linux Hosting
    100Mbps Uplink - +1-888-679-1333
    www.PlusWebHost.com

Quote Originally Posted by alhadi View Post
    also about the seedbox shared one seems like a good idea. so veepee do you know a good seedbox provider on a shared host ?
    I have never used one myself so I can't comment that closely, but my friends have praised seedhost.eu. They seem to offer Shared3 for 14 which is about 20$ and would fit your budget.
    You won't do wonders with that, but 2TB should be definitely achievable. I'm not sure if you can get shell access to configure OpenVPN and nginx with the shared boxes, but with their dedicated servers (starting from 40/mo) you definitely can.