Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,637

    Cheap Los Angeles VPS provider?

    Hi,

    I'm looking for providers offering location in Los Angeles.

    I've seen a few but the prices are still not the best for now.

    Any recommendations?

    A few I found is quickweb and burst(don't really like).

    Unmanaged.

    Regards,
    Faris

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,320
    can you share with us your budget?
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    can you share with us your budget?
    I have nothing in mind as for now.

    I would prefer this type of specifications.

    At least 1.5GB Ram - 4GB Burstable, 150GB HDD

    If possible, I could get cPanel with it at lower price (instead of $15)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tech Belt
    Posts
    7,802
    Other than Burst, BuyVM is the other one I know of and not sure if he's sold out again or not...
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post
    Other than Burst, BuyVM is the other one I know of and not sure if he's sold out again or not...
    Not yet, but working at that

    Francisco
    Last edited by Quartz; 04-22-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    Not yet, but working at that Finally got some Windows stock as well.

    Francisco
    Ohh Fran you offer Los Angeles too?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    Ohh Fran you offer Los Angeles too?
    Fremont which is about 3 - 4 hours drive from LA

    Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    Fremont which is about 3 - 4 hours drive from LA

    Francisco
    ohh. I need the fastest ping to asia

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Corona, CA USA
    Posts
    384
    I'm using a VPS from QuickWeb in LA for a secondary DNS server. As far as I know I have not had a moment of trouble or downtime, I recommend them.

    I also have an identical VPS from BurstNet in LA as another DNS server and it also has been reliable.

    I find that the QuickWeb VPS seems just a bit faster.
    Skeptic Hosting
    Promoting a reality-based lifestyle choice
    Hosting by invitation only, nothing for sale

  10. #10
    as per title, i think the best choice for you is BurstNet....
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by CH Hosting View Post
    as per title, i think the best choice for you is BurstNet....
    How's their support is like? Good or Bad?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    318
    Have you given DreamHost a check? Burstnet is great with support btw.
    Richard Perez | PureWeb
    Dedicated Servers - cPanel Web Hosting - cPanel Reseller Hosting
    6 Nationwide Locations. 100% Network SLA. Established in 2007. True 24/7/365 Support.
    Follow us on Twitter: @purewebtech. Network POPS in: LAX - CHI - DFW - NYC - SEA - ATL

  13. #13
    CleverKite has servers in Tustin, CA which is minutes from their office
    (I'm a CleverKite customer - server is extremely reliable)

    Quad Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
    12mb cache

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    ohh. I need the fastest ping to asia
    HE is seen as some of the best BW when getting to Asia these days. We're 170ms to the pinoys, probably < 150 to mainland China and like ~100ms to Japan.

    HE has a 10gig line (peered) with China Telecom as well

    Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    106
    I would recommend ChimeHost. They are in LA. Affordable prices, excellent speed and performance. Support is good too. They offer a line of OpenVZ, Xen, or Windows to choose from. You might check with them.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL!
    Posts
    3,310
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    ohh. I need the fastest ping to asia
    Almost anyone if not all providers in the HE facility would give you fantastic ping to Asia.

    While we are on the subject of HE i will recommend BuyVM/Frantech as they colocate with HE and offer a fairly decent priced service.
    〓〓 QuadraNet ├ CLOUD ├ DEDICATED ├ COLOCATION
    〓〓 Locations: Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami and Atlanta!!
    〓〓 andrew.moore[at]quadranet.com
    〓〓 http://www.QuadraNet.com

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    HE is seen as some of the best BW when getting to Asia these days. We're 170ms to the pinoys, probably < 150 to mainland China and like ~100ms to Japan.

    HE has a 10gig line (peered) with China Telecom as well

    Francisco
    You know where I can get a test IP mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by 123Systems-Andrew View Post
    Almost anyone if not all providers in the HE facility would give you fantastic ping to Asia.

    While we are on the subject of HE i will recommend BuyVM/Frantech as they colocate with HE and offer a fairly decent priced service.
    Alright will go ahead and check them.

    Thanks for all the help guys!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    You know where I can get a test IP mate?



    Alright will go ahead and check them.

    Thanks for all the help guys!
    You can ping he.net for a test of HE or 205.185.112.1 if you want a test of us. We're in FMT1, same with HE's main site.

    HE's a great location

    Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    You can ping he.net for a test of HE or 205.185.112.1 if you want a test of us. We're in FMT1, same with HE's main site.

    HE's a great location

    Francisco
    Awesome. Same MS Respond as my Los Angeles hosting.


    HE

    C:\Users\Faris>ping he.net

    Pinging he.net [216.218.186.2] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 216.218.186.2: bytes=32 time=212ms TTL=55
    Reply from 216.218.186.2: bytes=32 time=211ms TTL=55
    Reply from 216.218.186.2: bytes=32 time=210ms TTL=55
    Reply from 216.218.186.2: bytes=32 time=219ms TTL=55

    Ping statistics for 216.218.186.2:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 210ms, Maximum = 219ms, Average = 213ms

    C:\Users\Faris>ping 205.185.112.1

    Pinging 205.185.112.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 205.185.112.1: bytes=32 time=219ms TTL=54
    Reply from 205.185.112.1: bytes=32 time=202ms TTL=54
    Reply from 205.185.112.1: bytes=32 time=204ms TTL=54
    Reply from 205.185.112.1: bytes=32 time=205ms TTL=54

    Ping statistics for 205.185.112.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 202ms, Maximum = 219ms, Average = 207ms

    Los Angeles

    C:\Users\Faris>ping us2.prestonhost.com

    Pinging us2.prestonhost.com [216.18.214.163] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 216.18.214.163: bytes=32 time=205ms TTL=53
    Reply from 216.18.214.163: bytes=32 time=214ms TTL=53
    Reply from 216.18.214.163: bytes=32 time=207ms TTL=53
    Reply from 216.18.214.163: bytes=32 time=210ms TTL=53

    Ping statistics for 216.18.214.163:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 205ms, Maximum = 214ms, Average = 209ms

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Our LA test IP is 184.82.225.2, and we utilize HE in LA as well.
    .
    .
    Hmm. Almost the same response times. How about your support?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    Hmm. Almost the same response times. How about your support?

    We are a 24/7/365 provider, and we own our own facility, global network, and staffing, and have been in business nearly 20 years. Unlike many in the VPS industry, we don't resell VPS services, or rent servers to sell VPS from. We are one of the largest, if not the largest, budget VPS provider in the world.
    .
    .

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Parañaque
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    HE is seen as some of the best BW when getting to Asia these days. We're 170ms to the pinoys, probably < 150 to mainland China and like ~100ms to Japan.

    HE has a 10gig line (peered) with China Telecom as well

    Francisco
    actually about 180ms (pinoy here ) but way much better than my other vps' of 250ms - 300ms.
    Awesome signature

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by huckyboy View Post
    actually about 180ms (pinoy here ) but way much better than my other vps' of 250ms - 300ms.
    All of our Ragnarok Online users (read: the pinoy population) loves our pings for ingame matches. When they order they keep insisting we make sure we give them the network with the < 200ms pings.

    Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonHost-Faris View Post
    ohh. I need the fastest ping to asia
    A lot of asian fiber goes into san jose as well. At worst, it's probably 10ms worse. At best, about the same or slightly better.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Skype: iofloodsales
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Our LA test IP is 184.82.225.2, and we utilize HE in LA as well.
    .
    .
    Just a FYI here but that IP gives me *HORRIBLE* latency from Verizon's network in Los Angeles:

    Code:
    [email protected]: 07:24 PM :~# traceroute 184.82.225.2
    traceroute to vserver3000.laca01.hostnoc.net (184.82.225.2), 30 hops max, 46 byte packets
     1  router.houkouonchi.jp (1.1.1.1)  0.191 ms  0.453 ms  0.499 ms
     2  L100.LSANCA-VFTTP-79.verizon-gni.net (173.51.208.1)  3.241 ms  4.873 ms  7.161 ms
     3  G4-2-979.LSANCA-LCR-09.verizon-gni.net (130.81.107.58)  7.755 ms  7.607 ms  7.801 ms
     4  so-4-0-0-0.LAX01-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.28.72)  7.699 ms  7.745 ms  7.435 ms
     5  0.so-2-2-0.XL3.LAX15.ALTER.NET (152.63.2.165)  7.481 ms  27.215 ms  9.980 ms
     6  TenGigE0-4-2-0.GW4.LAX15.ALTER.NET (152.63.115.186)  7.752 ms  7.283 ms TenGigE0-4-1-0.GW4.LAX15.ALTER.NET (152.63.115.178)  7.903 ms
     7  teliasonera-gw.customer.alter.net (152.179.21.42)  9.858 ms  7.846 ms  10.104 ms
     8  nyk-bb1-link.telia.net (80.91.252.162)  102.675 ms  97.531 ms  95.036 ms
     9  nyk-b5-link.telia.net (80.91.248.146)  97.632 ms  97.990 ms  95.165 ms
    10  213.248.95.190 (213.248.95.190)  104.603 ms  102.388 ms  102.530 ms
    11  xe1-01.gwy01.laca01.hostnoc.net (96.9.191.78)  97.709 ms  97.845 ms  94.827 ms
    12  ec0-64.1a0401.laca01.hostnoc.net (64.120.243.58)  95.190 ms  92.689 ms  92.481 ms
    13  vserver3000.laca01.hostnoc.net (184.82.225.2)  92.897 ms  92.659 ms  95.133 ms
    I ping about 7ms to my server in Los Angeles which gets 0.4-0.6ms to that IP but that is because it peers with he.net.

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
    Just a FYI here but that IP gives me *HORRIBLE* latency from Verizon's network in Los Angeles:

    Code:
    [email protected]: 07:24 PM :~# traceroute 184.82.225.2
    traceroute to vserver3000.laca01.hostnoc.net (184.82.225.2), 30 hops max, 46 byte packets
     1  router.houkouonchi.jp (1.1.1.1)  0.191 ms  0.453 ms  0.499 ms
     2  L100.LSANCA-VFTTP-79.verizon-gni.net (173.51.208.1)  3.241 ms  4.873 ms  7.161 ms
     3  G4-2-979.LSANCA-LCR-09.verizon-gni.net (130.81.107.58)  7.755 ms  7.607 ms  7.801 ms
     4  so-4-0-0-0.LAX01-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.28.72)  7.699 ms  7.745 ms  7.435 ms
     5  0.so-2-2-0.XL3.LAX15.ALTER.NET (152.63.2.165)  7.481 ms  27.215 ms  9.980 ms
     6  TenGigE0-4-2-0.GW4.LAX15.ALTER.NET (152.63.115.186)  7.752 ms  7.283 ms TenGigE0-4-1-0.GW4.LAX15.ALTER.NET (152.63.115.178)  7.903 ms
     7  teliasonera-gw.customer.alter.net (152.179.21.42)  9.858 ms  7.846 ms  10.104 ms
     8  nyk-bb1-link.telia.net (80.91.252.162)  102.675 ms  97.531 ms  95.036 ms
     9  nyk-b5-link.telia.net (80.91.248.146)  97.632 ms  97.990 ms  95.165 ms
    10  213.248.95.190 (213.248.95.190)  104.603 ms  102.388 ms  102.530 ms
    11  xe1-01.gwy01.laca01.hostnoc.net (96.9.191.78)  97.709 ms  97.845 ms  94.827 ms
    12  ec0-64.1a0401.laca01.hostnoc.net (64.120.243.58)  95.190 ms  92.689 ms  92.481 ms
    13  vserver3000.laca01.hostnoc.net (184.82.225.2)  92.897 ms  92.659 ms  95.133 ms
    I ping about 7ms to my server in Los Angeles which gets 0.4-0.6ms to that IP but that is because it peers with he.net.
    looks like the traffic goes to new york and back
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Skype: iofloodsales
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

Similar Threads

  1. Los Angeles Dedicated Server Provider
    By MrPiang in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 01:21 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 02:46 PM
  3. Reseller Provider Los Angeles Area.
    By rackdog.com in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 12:10 AM
  4. Any good Los Angeles based colo provider?
    By mjpcomp in forum Colocation and Data Centers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 01:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •