Thumbs up Burst.net Review - 1 Year Plus

Best To Me About Burst
    Their support. I sent out very few tickets in the year that I was hosted with them. The worst one that I can think of was, when my server was down for 2 hours. According to the ticket, someone was getting DOS and somehow it affected my server. The rest were reboots. Support tickets, usually got answered for me in around 1-5 minutes after submitting them. Which is pretty damn good.

Worst To Me About Burst
    The people who post here on webhostingtalk that represent the company. Obviously if you been on this forum long enough, it seems like a lot of people gots something against burst. Like a lot. Almost every negative burst thread on here gets like 5 pages. I don't like the fact that, when someone makes a negative thread, one of the burst rep(s), comes in here, sounds hella negative, starts posting message logs and IM's. IMO that's unprofessional. The replies are very unprofessional too. They let the "haters" get to them and instead of concentrating on the threads, they concentrate on some of the irrelevant people on that thread too. So I guess...their marketing sucks.

Other tidbits

• Upgrade/correct your website
      • I went to cancel my server. Read the support page. It said, to submit an online ticket. I submit one. Wait 24 hours. Get a reply from billing, and they tell me to do it via the control. Wasted 24 hours. Because of the incorrect information on the FAQ.
    • Provide bandwidth graphs
      • Reason I left. Almost every major companies, provides one for free. With the way burst splits bandwidth in/out (and most people don't know this it seems to me) it could be a big problem for some. And no, I don't trust third party scripts to count my bandwidth.
    • Network - Good
    • Support - Very good
    • Equipment - Good

That's all. I had one server with them, for one year one month, for my file sharing site. Was doing 1-2k file requests a second. I had a basic unmanaged server, p4 2.4ghz, 32gb scsi 10k hdd, 1 gb of ram, 2tb of bandwidth, for about 8 months, then they upgraded to 5tb of bandwidth a few months ago for free.

Thank you for the honest review.

The only thing I want to comment on is this:

<<I don't like the fact that, when someone makes a negative thread, one of the burst rep(s), comes in here, sounds hella negative, starts posting message logs and IM's.>>

I'm sorry, but we have a right to defend ourselves, and dispel any false information or untruths about our firm. If all you ever heard was one side of the story, that would be quite unfair, and completely lopsided. It is in the public's best interest to have us respond to such nonsense, or all they have to go on would be untruthful information in some cases. Forgive me if we take such things to hearty, but it is personal to us, as we have spent nearly 20 years building our company, heck no we are not going to let nonsense being posted about us online affect that.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Forgive me if we take such things to hearty
    When did we become pirates?

I also thank you for the honest review. I do have one question, though: Do you happen to know where you read that we asked you to submit a ticket for cancellation? We were sure we removed that a ways back, but obviously someone missed something.

If you know where you found it, and can relay it, that would be great. otherwise I'll take a hearty look later...

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    When did we become pirates?
    Arrrrr Matey! Shiver me servers...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

wow you needed to respond to this 3 times? I really hate burst net. There just to big to care about their little customers. Simple as that.

We had a late invoice for a couple of days and they suspended our server. (thats fine its our fault)

So a couple day later i pay that old invoice, and they said they wont give a new vps setup. (They told me i should have ordered a new vps and not pay the old invoice.) What ever i contacted paypal and got my money back. Since they would not give mine back.

Just doesn't make any sense. Why would you want to lose a customer.
    Stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by vincent91326 View Post
    wow you needed to respond to this 3 times?

Oh please...you obviously have zero sense of humour.

I really hate burst net. There just to big to care about their little customers. Simple as that.

We had a late invoice for a couple of days and they suspended our server. (thats fine its our fault)

So a couple day later i pay that old invoice, and they said they wont give a new vps setup. (They told me i should have ordered a new vps and not pay the old invoice.) What ever i contacted paypal and got my money back. Since they would not give mine back.

Just doesn't make any sense. Why would you want to lose a customer.
    Stay away.

Let's see...you don't pay your bills, get suspended, we make you pay an old/overdue invoice before we will process any new orders for you (which is what probably happened, NOT us telling you to order/pay a new VPS and ignore your old/overdue bill), and you have the audacity to say you hate us? Sorry, but we will not deliver new service while old/overdue bills are ignored. If you had paid your old bills, then we would have delivered you new service, that would not have been a problem, well, atleast until you did a chargeback, and then you'll never be permitted to do business with us again.

I think the public can read right thru your post here for exactly what it is.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 02-04-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Your story, wile having facts, does not have the whole story. If you're willing to PM me your ticket number, I'll be happy to research further, but based on the small window of a complete scenario you've given, here's what i think the whole story is:

• You didn't pay your bill for at least 7 to 10 days. This means your service was terminated and not just suspended. I say this because...
    • The only reason someone would tell you to order another VPS (As opposed to re-activating yours) is because we charge $10.00 for cancel revokes, and the cost of revoking your VPS was probably more than it would cost to order a new one at $5.95, since your data was lost when it was canceled.
    • Because you didn't cancel your server before the next billing cycle, you owed us for the month anyway, so the money you gave was rightfully owed to us. I'd be surprised if you actually won the paypal dispute.
    • By issuing a paypal dispute you were assessed a $35.00 fee (Regardless of if you won or lost the dispute.

You created your problem by not paying on time. We spelled out in our TOS EXACTLY what we would do if you didn't pay your invoice on time and you SIGNED AND AGREED WITH our TOS.

Why you are surprised or mad that we did exactly what we said we would do if you did exactly what you did, is something only you can answer.

Again, maybe i'm wrong and we can figure this all out if you just supply your ticket number.

So a Positive BurstNET thread turning into a negative one as usual. How nice.

Thanks for posting your review. I should be posting one within the next week. I think 1 year is coming up soon for us. The one thing I do agree with you is bandwidth graphs. We've lost many customers (and possible future customers) because of the non-existing bandwidth graphs. I would love to see this in the very near future!

BurstNET_CSM and BurstNET are two different people.

Your server probably got removed for another customer.

Most people don't know what goes behind the scenes. Some people just don't want the issue fixed. They just want the money back. They don't care why it's down. They just want everything to work perfectly. It doesn't work that way. Software has bugs and people have different security methods including no security at all. Hardware fails too. It's the fact of life. Not everything goes the way you want it.

No, i know it was my fault i total agree. I didn't pay the invoice simple as that. However your business ethics are none existent. And no where in the TOS says anything about a 9.95 reactivation fee.. All i wanted was a vps, i would have stayed with you for years probably, if you would have helped me out. For at least what i paid. But hey i hope this $4.95 vps server was worth the negative feed back.

No, i know it was my fault i total agree. I didn't pay the invoice simple as that. However your business ethics are none existent. And no where in the TOS says anything about a 9.95 reactivation fee.. All i wanted was a vps, i would have stayed with you for years probably, if you would have helped me out. For at least what i paid. But hey i hope this $4.95 vps server was worth the negative feed back.
    Our reactivation fee should be in the cancel section of the TOS. If it isn't, I'll make sure it's fixed. However it doesn't even apply here. The thing is our support person was trying to save you a few bucks. The administrative part of revoking a cancelled server is quite a hassle. Add having to find drives and rebuild a system if it is a dedicated, and you can see where people who think they can la-dee-da pay whenever it's convenient for them (such as yourself) can really pull us away from customers who pay on time and have issues.

So we instituted the cancel revoke fee to curtail people from treating their invoice to us as a "when I get to it" kind if thing.

You might have lied when you said a few days earlier In This thread (if you would supply the ticket number, it would solve any ambiguity about what happened), because we suspend after 5 days and cancel between 7 to 10 days.

So you had to have been in the 7 to 10 ( or more ) area if the cancel revoke was even mentioned.

This means your data had been wiped already. This means that the Cancel revoke fee does you no good as your data was gone. Which is why our rep told you (correctly) you should just order a new vps.

We are not out to fleece our customers. If we were, they would have told you to pay the cancel revoke and levant at that. We recognized your position and offered you the option that cost you the least amount of money for the PROBLEM YOU CREATED BY NOT PAYING ON TIME.

I again stress that YOU CAUSED THIS ISSUE TO EXIST. Had you paid within 5 to 7 days of your due date (which is a VERY generous leeway period), none of this would have happened.

Scream all you want that we did you wrong, but we only followed our TOS and we only had to because YOU BROKE THE TOS YOU SIGNED AND AGREED TO.

If you're planning on replying again with how this isn't your fault and we are bad people, please at least man-up and include the ticket number so I can stop having to speculate.
    Last edited by BurstNET_CSM; 02-05-2011 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Typos

Poor camels

(camel section ignite)
    Something awesome
    coming soon....

Quote Originally Posted by ninkynonk View Post
    Poor camels

(camel section ignite)
    It us so hard to type in an iPhone at 3am when you just woke up to ultimately go to the bathroom and are groggy as hell.

So the reedit time takes longer.

The camels are now safe (and your post now makes no sense). But I laughed when I read it.

I have it screencapped for future reference and humor! You've made my night!

http://img51.imageshack.us/i/burstnetcamels.jpg/
    Last edited by ninkynonk; 02-05-2011 at 04:13 AM.
    Something awesome
    coming soon....

Quote Originally Posted by ninkynonk View Post
    Poor camels

(camel section ignite)
    camels are too much in UAE. we give ride to our ppl here

@ OP : Thanks for sharing a brief but in depth review. It's always nice to have reviews with both positive and negative clearly described.