Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Live Chat? Your thoughts on it?

So I am looking for some alternatives for Live Chat software specifically for Live Zilla and Zopim. Does anyone recommend any alternatives?

THANKS

Live Zilla is a free chat software and in my opinion, it is the best software among free ones.

Zopim is free as well with limited concurrent chats and active agents.

I've used both and while LiveZilla certainly has the best feature set, I prefer Zopim. I like being able to login through a website and monitor the live chat wherever I happen to be. The flash drive setup with LiveZilla is cumbersome for me.

I have seen some service providers which use kayako. For me as for end user is is pretty good.

Kayako is good, it works fine.
    You mat try some of the mentioned free chat software and choose the best one for yourself, the OP.

If your looking for a free Live Chat product then I also suggest LiveZilla.

Paid providers;

Zopim - We have used Zopim, but based on customer feedback switched to another solution; we found that customers thought the chat bar was frustratingly small. We did contact Zopim regarding this but they said it was not possible to change the size.

ProvideSupport, LLC. - Our current solution, we are finding it brilliant. The operator console works with Windows, Linux and MacOS, chat window can be customised, responses can be customised, they have great support, and based on customer feedback its perfect

Kayako - We have tried Kayako, however found the new pricing structure is just way to expensive and outweighs the benefits; we find that WHMCS/ProvideSupport work perfectly for Helpdesk and Live Chat.
    Last edited by SercoNetworks; 02-02-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMaker View Post
    So I am looking for some alternatives for Live Chat software specifically for Live Zilla and Zopim. Does anyone recommend any alternatives?

THANKS
    What are your requirements?
    What's more important - price or quality?

Theres plenty out there.
    Some better than others, Some expensive some not so..

Try having a look through the WHT wiki :
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/wiki/C..._for_web_hosts
    Live Chat Support Software for your Business website - IMsupporting.com

Also ia checking livezilla. i am not a professional but i think it is better way.

ProvideSupport may be a good option. It has been working fine for us.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

I recently switched from LiveZilla to WHMCS Live Chat http://www.whmcs.com/livechat.php.

I think WHMCS Live Chat is much better.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

I suppose that is better to test all of them and then decide what is better for you. Tastes are not same for different people

I would recommend Kayako-Engage.You can upgrade to Kayoka-fusion later,if you need an integrated help-desk

I have used Smartertools Smartertrack which is a ticketing system including a live chat facility, really good. Windows based though

Are you looking to host the server chat software yourself, or did you want that portion hosted for you (so you only need to add a few lines of scripting to process the chats and monitoring)?
    Do you have a preference for language - PHP, ASP, ASP.net, etc.?
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

While not free, we utilize Live Help Messenger by Stardevelop. They also have a hosted solution, Live Help Hosted.
    GG Web Hosting
    Backup, Digital (SSL) Certificates, Domains, Hosting, Privacy Policy, Software
    S/W: Peel Ads, Softaculous, WHMCS Addons (Abuse Mon., Affiliate Peel Ads, Client Stat., Ord. Prevention, Ord. Stat., Softaculous NOC, Sys. Cleanup)
    Authorized Reseller Program

My only opinion about hosting providers who offer live chat... Back it.

All to often I see a hosting provider who claim they have live chat, but only seem to offer a ticket system.

If you advertise it and do not follow through... Possible & current customers notice this.

▲ ▲

WoltLab Dev

I've had clients use LiveZilla in the past, its worked out very well for them without any issues and being free to download.

I've had clients use LiveZilla in the past, its worked out very well for them without any issues and being free to download.
    I will admit that at this point Kayako Fusion and it's Live counterparts are quite good. Sad part is they seem delayed on the customer side and not the admin side, this is surely where Livezilla takes the advantage.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

A agree that a lot of people tend to err on the side of livezilla ( Its free and runs on your own server )

This is great for people wanting to run the chat software themselves. However a lot of people ( maybe not hosting providers ) but normal online stores etc may not have the I.T team to help run such a software.

Thats where SaaS providers come into play with the ability to just add a small code snippet and your up and running.

I also have to admit that even the "Small code snippet" part can be a lot of work for some clients. ( Smaller 1 man businesses looking for live chat but have little to no knowledge of servers or html )

So you have,
    - Free and harder to run / manage
    - Remotely hosted and easy to use.
    Live Chat Support Software for your Business website - IMsupporting.com

Well..

If you are looking for free live chat software then livezilla will be the best option. If you go for paid then Live person might be a best thing
    || 24x7CloudServerManagement | Server Management & Technical Support ||
    || Hosting Infrastructure & Customer Service Mangement 24x7 | Cpanel Server Management ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com ||

I you are searching for a free live support system, livezilla is the best. But you might want to check http://liveadmin.net , they have a free version with everything but geotracking and few more functions.
    Nexim Web Hosting
    Reliable And Affordable Web, Reseller and VPS Hosting
    Advanced DDoS Protecion | Unmetered Bandwidth | Virtualizor | cPanel | MariaDB | LiteSpeed LSAPI | SSH/GIT Access | Nightly Backups and more.
    Contact: mail [at] neximweb.com / +19707033844 / Live Support on Website

if you are looking for free and the best one,the livezilla is the answer

I'm currently trying out Provide Support and it is okay... I mean it does what I want but I think when I was using Zopim I was receiving more chat requests although some of them were spam. Are there any decent alternatives to Zopim or any Kayako counterparts anyone can name?

I would recommend Livezilla if going for free , if you think you can invest some money in live chat software then go for live person.
    || 24x7CloudServerManagement | Server Management & Technical Support ||
    || Hosting Infrastructure & Customer Service Mangement 24x7 | Cpanel Server Management ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com ||

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast