Okay so i came across an issue that is driving me crazy and I am guessing it is because I am just going about it the wrong way.
1. I have a nav setup in a normal UL.
2. With css I set the "li" element to have a bottom border.
3. The bottom border only extends enough to underline the contents inside the "li" tag.
4. I tried giving the li tag a width of 100% and a width of auto.
5. Because certain pages have different links, the UL for the nav is set to automatically size the width based on the dynamic contents inside. So the UL is always the correct width.
But the li is only the width of the content in the li, causing some links to have a wider bottom border. I want all the links in the list to have a bottom border with the width of the ul and not the li.
Should i just nix the ul list, and use divs for each item or am i looking at this all wrong?
How can I set the width of the li to always be the width of the UL?
Thank you in advance for any advice and or comments to show me the right direction to proceed!