hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Dedicated Server from unixy.net - Initial Review

Forum Jump

Dedicated Server from unixy.net - Initial Review

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 11:14 PM

Dedicated Server from unixy.net - Initial Review

I would like to give you an initial review of unixy.net.

Why unixy.net?

As I was quite unhappy with my VPS hosting I decided to go for a dedicated server. Like the last time I did lots of reading on WHT to find what seemed to be the best company for my hosting needs.

Thorugh the search function I came accross a post where a WHT member was desperately looking for help as he had been unable to get his unmanaged dedicated server back to work.

One kind person give him a hand brought the machine back to work - something nobody seemed to have been able and / or willing to - FREE OF CHARGE!

This guy was Joe the owner unixy.net. I did a quick search on unixy.net on WHT and to my big surprise I came up with nothing but praise! Zero negative remarks! Quite impressive.

I contacted Joe and he got back to me in a speedy way.

Joe was as kind as to take his time and carefully review my hosting enviornment so he could tell me what exactly I would want to look into.

I ended up with a Dual Dual Core Xeon 2000 MHZ, 4 GB, Raid 0 2x80 GB machine in their Texas data facility - FULLY MANAGED for as low as USD 115.00 !!! Amazing!

But was it really much bang for the little buck?

Yes! Ever since I went to unixy.net my sites have gotten stable again. No more down time and much faster server response.

Joe has personally set up everything and took much time to carefully adjust everything according to my needs.

Whenever there has been a problem it was quickly taken care of and resolved. Two thumbs up!

I feel that I am talking to someone who has both the expertise and dedication to do a marvelous job.

So far I have nothing but praise to say about unixy.net.

Summary:

So if you are looking for an affordable dedicated server with first class support in a stable network enviornment give unixy.net a try! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I plan on staying with unixy.net, going to a bigger box when needed and will thus keep on updating this topic from time to time.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 PM
WHT Addict

Why do all unixy reviews seem so thought out and scripted? I was thinking about going with them, but every review appears scripted.. Turned me off honestly. Also most of the reviewers have less than 20 posts.

Just an observation. Take my post with a grain of salt.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:20 PM
WHT Addict

I would like to take back my previous comment... I spoke without doing my research. It's well documented trechesto was with wiredtree.com, and had a bad experience, and now appears happy.

I actually plan on going with them myself.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Glad you resolved your issue

Old 01-26-2011, 02:30 AM
MACBOOKS EVERYWHEREEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by trechesto View Post
Raid 0
is this a typo or are you actually running raid 0

Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Interesting! Thanks for your review. I'm quite neutral with my VPS provider and am considering moving, but I'm not too sure. Anyways unixy.net seems to be doing great. I'll keep them in mind for the future!

Old 02-06-2011, 07:59 AM

Unixy look good and it all sounds good, but are they just a one man band? All I see is the name of this guy Joe, and while he sounds super helpful, I'd rather look at an established company.

So do we know if they are a reseller? Or do they own their own infrastructure and are they a proper "big" company?

Old 02-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Divided by Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderrama View Post
Unixy look good and it all sounds good, but are they just a one man band? All I see is the name of this guy Joe, and while he sounds super helpful, I'd rather look at an established company.

So do we know if they are a reseller? Or do they own their own infrastructure and are they a proper "big" company?
I asked the same question once in another Unixy thread but nobody answered it. I would be curious about these facts too because I am tempted to try their service...

Old 02-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Warp Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valderrama View Post

Hi Valderrama,

Those are some good questions.

It's a one man show in the sense that I set the direction for the business. I "call the shots" as they say. If there's someone that's going to upheld the standards it must be me. I will keep it that way for a while but not very long.

The work done, however, is all team work and I have (smart) people working for me (read: employees). Some even have accounts here on WHT. The number of employees is verified & documented on the BBB.

There's no reselling. The hardware is owned; the contracts are negotiated & signed directly with the facilities; we commit on bandwidth, power, and space. One thing I can say for certain is we are definitely growing.

The bar has been set very high this year so expect to see a lot of neat things coming out the UNIXY factory this year

Cheers!
Joe / UNIXY

L- We LOVE helping our clients!

Last edited by UNIXy; 02-06-2011 at 12:54 PM.