Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    kloxo 64bit installation

    Hello
    I am on centos 64 bit
    I am getting this error while installing

    Yum Gave Error... Trying Again...
    Installing packages php-mbstring php-mysql which gcc-c++ php-imap php-pear php-devel lxlighttpd httpd mod_ssl zip unzip lxphp lxzend mysql mysql-server mysqlclient10 curl autoconf automake libtool bogofilter gcc cpp openssl pure-ftpd yum-protectbase...
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, protectbase
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * addons: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de
    * base: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de
    * extras: centos.intergenia.de
    * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
    * updates: centos.intergenia.de
    193 packages excluded due to repository protections
    Setting up Install Process
    Package php-mbstring-5.2.13-2.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package php-mysql-5.2.13-2.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package which-2.16-7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package gcc-c++-4.1.2-48.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    Package php-imap-5.2.13-2.x86_64 already installed and latest version
    And this continues in a loop

    anyone here to help get me out of this ?

  2. #2
    this is the actual error log

    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package lxphp.i386 0:5.2.1-400 set to be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.15(libmysqlclient_15) for package: lxphp
    --> Processing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.15 for package: lxphp
    ---> Package lxzend.i386 0:3.3-100lxa set to be updated
    ---> Package mysql-server.x86_64 0:5.0.91-lxcenter.1 set to be updated
    ---> Package pure-ftpd.x86_64 0:1.0.29-1.lxcenter.1 set to be updated
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution
    lxphp-5.2.1-400.i386 from lxcenter-updates has depsolving problems
    --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.15 is needed by package lxphp-5.2.1-400.i386 (lxcenter-updates)
    lxphp-5.2.1-400.i386 from lxcenter-updates has depsolving problems
    --> Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.15(libmysqlclient_15) is needed by package lxphp-5.2.1-400.i386 (lxcenter-updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.15 is needed by package lxphp-5.2.1-400.i386 (lxcenter-updates)
    Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient.so.15(libmysqlclient_15) is needed by package lxphp-5.2.1-400.i386 (lxcenter-updates)
    You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
    You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
    package-cleanup --dupes
    rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
    The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.
    Yum Gave Error... Trying Again...
    Installing packages php-mbstring php-mysql which gcc-c++ php-imap php-pear php-devel lxlighttpd httpd mod_ssl zip unzip lxphp lxzend mysql mysql-server mysqlclient10 curl autoconf automake libtool bogofilter gcc cpp openssl pure-ftpd yum-protectbase...
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, protectbase
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * addons: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de
    * base: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    home
    Posts
    515
    try disabling firewall.. check selinux is disabled.. if any additional yum repo was added remove them need only the default Centos repos.. also try

    yum update yum -y

    if still unable to install and dont know how to fix do contact your host or get an admin to fix it for you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Bharat
    Posts
    4,679
    I am not sure if Kloxo is compatible with 64bit OS. Make sure from their site about it.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

  5. #5
    Use 32bit. Kloxo is not compilable with it.

  6. #6
    Ok I finally gave up and switched to 32 bit centos
    but still I am getting this error in loop
    Installing packages php-mbstring php-mysql which gcc-c++ php-imap php-pear php-devel lxlighttpd httpd mod_ssl zip unzip lxphp lxzend mysql mysql-server mysqlclient10 curl autoconf automake libtool bogofilter gcc cpp openssl pure-ftpd yum-protectbase...
    sh: /sbin: is a directory
    Yum Gave Error... Trying Again...

  7. #7
    Try yum remove php-mbstring php-mysql which gcc-c++ php-imap php-pear php-devel lxlighttpd httpd mod_ssl zip unzip lxphp lxzend mysql mysql-server mysqlclient10 curl autoconf automake libtool bogofilter gcc cpp openssl pure-ftpd yum-protectbase

    Reinstall Kloxo again after that.

  8. #8
    the command below totally hosed my system. i'd urge extreme caution running it (not sure why it hosed but it did).


    Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    Try yum remove php-mbstring php-mysql which gcc-c++ php-imap php-pear php-devel lxlighttpd httpd mod_ssl zip unzip lxphp lxzend mysql mysql-server mysqlclient10 curl autoconf automake libtool bogofilter gcc cpp openssl pure-ftpd yum-protectbase

    Reinstall Kloxo again after that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,546
    Quote Originally Posted by ska_defender View Post
    Ok I finally gave up and switched to 32 bit centos
    but still I am getting this error in loop
    Yes, Kloxo 6.1.4 does not work with CentOS 64-bit. They are working on it, and it's promised with the next update. For now we need to use CentOS 32-bit.

    1) DO NOT update CentOS 32-bit before installing Kloxo. Install Kloxo the first thing after loading CentOS.
    2) Disable SELinux with the following command:
    # setenforce 0
    3) Make sure that SELinux doesn't come back after a reboot. Create a file called /etc/selinux/config and put this in the file:
    SELINUX=disable
    4) Change to the /tmp directory.
    # cd /tmp
    5) Download the control file with wget.
    # wget http://download.lxcenter.org/downloa...tall-master.sh
    6) Issue the sh command.
    # sh ./kloxo-install-master.sh

    Take a look at the 21-page detailed guide at this link.

    http://entomy.com/VPS-Server-Configuration-Guide.pdf

    Please post back with your results.

    ****IMPORTANT****
    After installing Kloxo, start any services listed in the Kloxo admin panel in the Services icon there. Linux administration, including webmin, may not have control over those services, so they will need to be started from within Kloxo. There is nothing wrong, it's just the way it works.
    Last edited by ajonate; 04-19-2011 at 12:49 AM.

  10. #10
    thanks for the information. i got this to install onto centos 64-bit.

    had my host reload the OS after it hosed. didn't do any updates to centos and went straight to the kloxo install. it still reported the mysqlclient10 missing but everything else looks to have went through fine (haven't had a chance to peruse my logs).

    my version happens to be: 2.6.18-194.el5

    question -- will doing a 'yum update' and/or 'upgrade' break kloxo at this point?



    Quote Originally Posted by ajonate View Post
    Yes, Kloxo 6.1.4 does not work with CentOS 64-bit. They are working on it, and it's promised with the next update. For now we need to use CentOS 32-bit.

    1) DO NOT update CentOS 32-bit before installing Kloxo. Install Kloxo the first thing after loading CentOS.
    2) Disable SELinux with the following command:
    # setenforce 0
    3) Make sure that SELinux doesn't come back after a reboot. Create a file called /etc/selinux/config and put this in the file:
    SELINUX=disable
    4) Change to the /tmp directory.
    # cd /tmp
    5) Download the control file with wget.
    # wget http://download.lxcenter.org/downloa...tall-master.sh
    6) Issue the sh command.
    # sh ./kloxo-install-master.sh

    Take a look at the 21-page detailed guide at this link.

    http://entomy.com/VPS-Server-Configuration-Guide.pdf

    Please post back with your results.

    ****IMPORTANT****
    After installing Kloxo, start any services listed in the Kloxo admin panel in the Services icon there. Linux administration, including webmin, may not have control over those services, so they will need to be started from within Kloxo. There is nothing wrong, it's just the way it works.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,546
    Quote Originally Posted by nbyteme View Post
    thanks for the information. i got this to install onto centos 64-bit.

    had my host reload the OS after it hosed. didn't do any updates to centos and went straight to the kloxo install. it still reported the mysqlclient10 missing but everything else looks to have went through fine (haven't had a chance to peruse my logs).

    my version happens to be: 2.6.18-194.el5

    question -- will doing a 'yum update' and/or 'upgrade' break kloxo at this point?
    I know that it will install on 64-bit CentOS, but it isn't going to work right. You're going to have trouble if you don't back-off to 32-bit. You can experiment with what you have but I wouldn't put it into production.

    I don't see why doing an update will hurt anything at this point. You can't really operate without updates anyway, or else you risk accumulating vulnerabilities in your system. I would go ahead and do it.

    Good luck, and post back with your observations.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nbyteme View Post
    the command below totally hosed my system. i'd urge extreme caution running it (not sure why it hosed but it did).
    I am sorry to hear that. Don't run it for sure. It's probably better just to reinstall the os.

Similar Threads

  1. problem with kloxo installation !
    By hichkas in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 06:45 AM
  2. Error Ftp after installation Kloxo
    By pwhost in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 10:36 AM
  3. CentOS4 64Bit w/ CPanel 64Bit - What's the verdict?
    By Rich in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 01:34 PM
  4. anyone using windows 64bit and sql 2005 64bit ?
    By xhosts in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 07:13 PM
  5. Windows 2003 Standard 64bit vs non-64bit
    By runes911 in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 12:10 AM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •