How to secure Red5 RTMP stream?

I just managed to install Red5 and I can stream to the rtmp://IP/oflaDemo and get the result into JW Player.

However my question is now, how do I secure this? I have been searching on Google for hours but I can't find one decent tutorial about this issue.

I am using XSplit to publish to the Red5 application stream. However the problem is that anyone can stream to it by just knowing my IP address.

Now I know Apache has IP restriction, what about Red5? Anyone knows how I can configure this?

Thanks!

Download and install the security plugin located here:

http://www.red5.org/wiki/Examples/SecurityExample

The link sunil-gupta.blogspot dot com/2007/06/secure-your-red5-applications-with.html seems helpfull for you.

Thanks for the replies.

About the security plugin, I'm not sure how to install that but even if I install it anyone can still reach http://IP:5080

Is there no way to secure that area from anyone except my IP address?

Same thing for publishing. In that plugin its saying about that you need to add names of users that are allowed to publish streams. However when I want to stream with my applications I never have to fill a username or anything like that.

Is there no way to add my IP address somewhere that I am the only person that is allowed to access that area and publish a stream there and then let the people use rtmp view url.

It seems like what you need is firewall to only allow YOUR IP on specific ports. Google "iptables firewall" for how-tos.

I think there are two solutions, use a service like www.javascriptobfuscator.com/Default.aspx to hide your code and the RTMP, although not full proof it will stop most thief's. The second option more secure is to implement a system that your application will only connect to your domain. Or a number of domains, inside the WEB-INF add the following files with your domain on them:
    allowedHTMLdomains.txt
    allowedPlaybackHTMLdomains.txt
    allowedPlaybackSWFdomains.txt
    allowedPublishHTMLdomains.txt
    allowedPublishNames.txt
    allowedPublishSWFdomains.txt
    allowedSWFdomains.txt
    allowedSharedObjectNames.txt
    RTMP and Live streaming on Shared Hosting

and of course from the red5/webapps folder dont install oflaDemo or anything you dont need, and delete the installer, if not they can install one of the default apps and although not use your application use your red5.

Trust me i have searched more than You can imagine , also i wrote an article here , there is no way except custom java application , You have to program your own custom java application which requires a dynamic user and pass from a mysql database , That's the result i found after months of searching

Quote Originally Posted by netera View Post
    Trust me i have searched more than You can imagine , also i wrote an article here , there is no way except custom java application , You have to program your own custom java application which requires a dynamic user and pass from a mysql database , That's the result i found after months of searching
    no it is not necessary a database, actually I found a place where they give you a ready made application which as multilevel domain control:
    http://rtmpworld.com/downloads/freebies
    download the totalcontrol zip use it as oflaDemo but with the extra security.

found another site:
    http://flashvisions.com/general/red5...ation-creator/
    you can generate an app like oflaDemo but with the secure domain and very interesting select the place where to save the videos files, so you not limited to red5/webapps/app/streams
    we use this a lot on our red5 shared hosting plans so the customers can save the video files inside their own public_html

as i understand you want every customer client to login with his own login details , am i right ?

I'm afraid I dont understand your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevor View Post
    I just managed to install Red5 and I can stream to the rtmp://IP/oflaDemo and get the result into JW Player.

However my question is now, how do I secure this? <snip>
    Anyone knows how I can configure this?

Thanks!
    hi did you ever solve this? a decade later and red5 still has this gaping security hole that I'm struggling with too. Thanks for any advice.