hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Hostgator Adwords Coupon

Forum Jump

Hostgator Adwords Coupon

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Hostgator Adwords Coupon

Anyone else receive the $100 Adwords Coupon from Hostgator? Awesome. It totally made my day.

Sponsored Links
Old
WHT Addict

Yes it is pretty cool! It seems like a lot of web hosts offer $100 Adword Coupons and Yahoo credit.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Was this when you registered or did they send them to existing customers? I believe they give you one with a new account.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

They sent it to existing customers via postal mail.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Probably only US customers. I'm in Canada and didn't receive one.

But you should read the fine print. The $100 coupon is only good for new accounts, you can't add it to an existing Adwords account. But they are quite handy, there's actually a big market for them on webmaster forums.

Old
The Backup Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Little View Post
But you should read the fine print. The $100 coupon is only good for new accounts, you can't add it to an existing Adwords account. But they are quite handy, there's actually a big market for them on webmaster forums.
I get code's like this from Google all the time. I wish I would have thought to see if they were resellable. Awesome idea.

Old
Rockin' the beer gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSwezey View Post
I get code's like this from Google all the time. I wish I would have thought to see if they were resellable. Awesome idea.
I just hand them out to clients all the time.

Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSwezey View Post
I doubt they are officially resellable, but Google doesn't seem to link the code to a specific email address/account. If you go onto internet marketing forums you'll find people selling them for like $10 each lol.

I don't think the coupons say they aren't resellable, but they don't say they are either. But I've never heard of Google raising a fit about somebody else using the coupon than who it was given to.

Old

I'm wondering how most of the web hosting companies are getting free Google Adword coupons.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherone View Post
I'm wondering how most of the web hosting companies are getting free Google Adword coupons.
There's 2 ways that I know of presently.

The first is that Google hands them out randomly. If you have an Adsense, Adwords, or Webmaster account with them you will get them once in a while (my webmaster account seems to get one every 6-9 months).

The second is to partner with them in their program called Google Website Services as a hosting provider. If accepted, they let you send out those coupons to your customers. The catch is that you have to have a minimum of 1,000 customers in your hosting company to even get started, and it's a length process to get involved and they don't accept everybody that applies. I'm 99% sure that this is how HostGator and GoDaddy get their coupons that they give out.

Old
Junior Guru

On the back of the letter there is terms and conditions and it says that the code is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Little View Post
I doubt they are officially resellable, but Google doesn't seem to link the code to a specific email address/account. If you go onto internet marketing forums you'll find people selling them for like $10 each lol.

I don't think the coupons say they aren't resellable, but they don't say they are either. But I've never heard of Google raising a fit about somebody else using the coupon than who it was given to.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corster View Post
On the back of the letter there is terms and conditions and it says that the code is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered.
Ahhh. I've only ever gotten the digital ones, which don't have that wording on them.