Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Hostgator Adwords Coupon

    Anyone else receive the $100 Adwords Coupon from Hostgator? Awesome. It totally made my day.

  2. #2
    Yes it is pretty cool! It seems like a lot of web hosts offer $100 Adword Coupons and Yahoo credit.
    Adam Croshaw 435.227.1205 (my direct line)
    UK2 Group | Global Cloud, VPS and Web Hosting
    Smile pass it on:-)

  3. #3
    Was this when you registered or did they send them to existing customers? I believe they give you one with a new account.
    ||||
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    ||||

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    208
    They sent it to existing customers via postal mail.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    329
    Probably only US customers. I'm in Canada and didn't receive one.

    But you should read the fine print. The $100 coupon is only good for new accounts, you can't add it to an existing Adwords account. But they are quite handy, there's actually a big market for them on webmaster forums.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Little View Post
    But you should read the fine print. The $100 coupon is only good for new accounts, you can't add it to an existing Adwords account. But they are quite handy, there's actually a big market for them on webmaster forums.
    I get code's like this from Google all the time. I wish I would have thought to see if they were resellable. Awesome idea.
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.
    View our online automotive clip and fastener shop.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    6,401
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottSwezey View Post
    I get code's like this from Google all the time. I wish I would have thought to see if they were resellable. Awesome idea.
    I just hand them out to clients all the time.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks

    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottSwezey View Post
    I get code's like this from Google all the time. I wish I would have thought to see if they were resellable. Awesome idea.
    I doubt they are officially resellable, but Google doesn't seem to link the code to a specific email address/account. If you go onto internet marketing forums you'll find people selling them for like $10 each lol.

    I don't think the coupons say they aren't resellable, but they don't say they are either. But I've never heard of Google raising a fit about somebody else using the coupon than who it was given to.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    36
    I'm wondering how most of the web hosting companies are getting free Google Adword coupons.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by sherone View Post
    I'm wondering how most of the web hosting companies are getting free Google Adword coupons.
    There's 2 ways that I know of presently.

    The first is that Google hands them out randomly. If you have an Adsense, Adwords, or Webmaster account with them you will get them once in a while (my webmaster account seems to get one every 6-9 months).

    The second is to partner with them in their program called Google Website Services as a hosting provider. If accepted, they let you send out those coupons to your customers. The catch is that you have to have a minimum of 1,000 customers in your hosting company to even get started, and it's a length process to get involved and they don't accept everybody that applies. I'm 99% sure that this is how HostGator and GoDaddy get their coupons that they give out.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    208
    On the back of the letter there is terms and conditions and it says that the code is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Little View Post
    I doubt they are officially resellable, but Google doesn't seem to link the code to a specific email address/account. If you go onto internet marketing forums you'll find people selling them for like $10 each lol.

    I don't think the coupons say they aren't resellable, but they don't say they are either. But I've never heard of Google raising a fit about somebody else using the coupon than who it was given to.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Corster View Post
    On the back of the letter there is terms and conditions and it says that the code is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered.
    Ahhh. I've only ever gotten the digital ones, which don't have that wording on them.

  13. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Similar Threads

  1. [FS] Google Analytics Invite + AdWords Coupon + AdWords Link = $20
    By imrahil in forum Other Offers & Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 02:31 PM
  2. $52 Adwords Coupon CODE for $20
    By qllonceagain in forum Advertising Offers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 08:11 PM
  3. $37 Adwords Coupon for $10
    By qllonceagain in forum Advertising Offers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 04:06 AM
  4. Looking for Adwords coupon
    By PresFox in forum Other Offers & Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 09:11 AM
  5. $50 Yahoo Marketing Coupon + $50 Google Adwords Coupon
    By qllonceagain in forum Advertising Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 10:10 PM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •