Thread: plexhost.com?

Question plexhost.com?

In my search for a good reselling account I have come across plexhost.com from a previous post here. Are they good? What have your experiences been? The reason I am so intrigued by them is there great prices.

great pricse usually mean overselling...
    Also i had a trial plexhost account..

Their WHM was pathetic... Many good features were locked, which made it a big PAIN to add accounts.

Cheaper isnt always better.
    If your looking for WHM/CPanel look at:
    netstartz.com
    httpme.com
    voxtreme.com

If you want Ensim look at:
    unitedhosting.co.uk
    Okihost.com

Good luck
    "Let go, Let God"
    "He didn't lose his life on the cross, He gave it"
    "No matter which path you choose, you can only move forward"

What are a few of the features that are disabled?

well when you create a plan, you cannot edit it
    you cannot add an account unless you add it as a plan
    and you cannot change a persons plan directly, you have to create a hosting plan and change it.

It may not sound like much now, but its really a huge pain when you get into it...

Thats all i can remember, there might have been more...
    "Let go, Let God"

Hmm.. thanks for the info insaneraptor, my hosting account doesn't allow any of those either. When I need to edit someones account I have to add a whole new package, and then upgrade/downgrade the account.. it is a bit frustrating.

Would be nice to be able to edit accounts individually, and edit packages rather then have to delete and create a whole new package entirely.

yep yep... Its realy a major pain.
    "Let go, Let God"

Exclamation

Hello,

We usually don't want to respond to such replies, but this time I couldn't....

Originally posted by insaneraptor
    Also i had a trial plexhost account..
    Insaneraptor joined as a support tech, while all our applications were filled. According to him he was experienced in CPanel/WHM and Ensim. I told him that we are in need of more support this month (january 2003).

To let him wait, we offered him a FREE reseller plan since decembre.

A few days ago, he was online on msn messenger and told me that he doesn't like to work with CPanel since he doesnt have experience with it.

So, he don't want the free reseller plan and wants to get paid when he starts to work OR he wants to work for free.

When I heard about his lies, I told him we don't want a support person who hates to work with our standard control panel.
    And we don't want support who works for free.

This is the reason why he left.

Their WHM was pathetic... Many good features were locked, which made it a big PAIN to add accounts.
    Can you tell me which which features?

well when you create a plan, you cannot edit it
    you cannot add an account unless you add it as a plan
    and you cannot change a persons plan directly, you have to create a hosting plan and change it.
    You can edit a plan.
    Before creating accounts, you must create plans. This is standard on all CPanel, and this is not a pain if you got used to CPanel.
    In fact, creating plans gives you a better vieuw of your sold/used resources and also better for administration.
    Your 3rd reason is a mix of the first and second one...

Your conclusion is based on what? We have pure NAC servers with excellent uptime.

Anyone who wants to know if insanesaptor is right email to karel@plexhost.com and ill setup a trial account.

I have the idea that insaneraptor wanted to join, to add this to his CV for his next application..
    RackEdge - Cutting Edge Internet Services!
    -->Specialized in High End Managed Servers & Bandwidth in the Netherlands (EU)

Contact us today for a customized quote @ sales(@)rackedge.com!

Good reply McRox

Just to clear up...

MCRox/Plexhost: after creating an account (under a plan), can you then edit the individual account's settings and allocation, without editing the actual plan? Or has this been disabled? I think this is what insaneraptor was suggesting.

Originally posted by jojobot
    Just to clear up...

MCRox/Plexhost: after creating an account (under a plan), can you then edit the individual account's settings and allocation, without editing the actual plan? Or has this been disabled? I think this is what insaneraptor was suggesting.
    You can upgrade the account to a higher/lower plan (CPanel calls it a package) or modify the quota

Why would account/package be disabled? Makes it a lot more difficult. For instance, a client wanted the cpanel theme changed, so I had to create a whole new package.. set all of the other things AGAIN, then upgrade, then delete the old package.

SO I went to cpanel.net and looked at the WHM docs, and see A LOT of features i've never seen before. A few I can see why they might be disabled.. but why do hosts disable so features? Are there resellers which allow most of the features that WHM offers?

Originally posted by Dajo77

SO I went to cpanel.net and looked at the WHM docs, and see A LOT of features i've never seen before. A few I can see why they might be disabled.. but why do hosts disable so features?
    Well some of the features are available to the admin login only so you won't see them all. On the subject of package/account edits, these generally are disabled if the host does not allow overselling and sets hard limits (these extra options can help resellers break out of their quota).

Those who allow overselling often allow the ability to edit accounts individually because their reseller account is based on actual usage rather than allocated usage.
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

pardon my french, but this is bull***t. a reseller account with these features disabled is close to unusable, our clients would have burned us at the stake if we didnt have them enabled.
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

I can understand a lot are disabled for , I just don't see why I need to create a whole new package just to change a clients cpanel theme. Also with a lot of resellers you have unlimited email, ftp etc.. why it would matter to disable editing individual accounts.

why it would matter to disable editing individual accounts.
    A combination of the host not allowing resellers to oversell (understandable) and the way WHM handles things. When account/package edits are enabled, set quotas on the reseller account can be breached.

If the host allows overselling then this isn't really an issue because their real usage stats are looked at rather than their allocated usage and they are able to allocate more resources than they have available. Many hosts setup reseller accounts so that they cannot allocate more resources than they have available to them and disabling modify package/account is one of the features that has to go due to the way WHM works.
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

I can understand a lot are disabled for , I just don't see why I need to create a whole new package just to change a clients cpanel theme. Also with a lot of resellers you have unlimited email, ftp etc.. why it would matter to disable editing individual accounts.
    No, its a few, not alot...
    The ones that are disabled are root acces, and someother options which affects other resellers on the server...

This problem about the themes is a problem with CPanel...
    CPanel has a few strange problems (cant call them bugs..)

Originally posted by McRox

No, its a few, not alot...
    Sorry.. a few.

Originally posted by rusko
    [B] pardon my french, but this is bull***t. a reseller account with these features disabled is close to unusable, our clients would have burned us at the stake if we didnt have them enabled.
    I assumed when you signed up for a reseller, you get those few functions available.. I guess i'm just gullible .

I guess it's not that big of a problem.. it's just a bit of an a annoyance. When you're trying to make a hosting company, you need functionality.

.. a few.

If those few were enabled, all clients would leave the company
    I don't think you will like it, when other users can browse your files, or newbies with a reseller account can restart services like exim, ftp, mysql etc..

Originally posted by rusko
    pardon my french, but this is bull***t. a reseller account with these features disabled is close to unusable, our clients would have burned us at the stake if we didnt have them enabled.
    Sound dangerous to me, if all options were enabled..

I can't believe there is one host who fixed this problem.

Go to CPanel forums (WHM area) and you will see alot problems like this one..

Have a look here:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/read.php?TID=1699

Originally posted by McRox

If those few were enabled, all clients would leave the company

Yep - don't want all 5000 clients to leave the company, do we?
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy