hosted by liquidweb


Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : Web Host Prices - Website Hosting Packages
Reply

Forum Jump

Web Host Prices - Website Hosting Packages

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription
 
Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
CJSS CJSS is offline
Disabled
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 132
Thumbs up

Web Host Prices - Website Hosting Packages


What prices are people prepared to pay and for what sort of packages?
Please post below your ideal: bandwith, webspace limit and price (monthly).

It would be interesting for a mix of what people would like and what people currently pay.

Thanks.



Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
24x7group 24x7group is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 3,621
It all depends the market you are targetting. Is is the budget market or the premium market?
Compare some providers and then you can figure out what are the interesting packages

__________________
InstantDedicated.com - Unmanaged Dedicated Servers with Instant Activation [EU and USA]
ServerBoost.com - Managed Dedicated Servers with 24x7 On-Site Support [100% Uptime Guarantee]
≈ Locations: (The Netherlands) - Tier 3 [Dataplace] | (Miami) - Tier 3 - Pay via: Bitcoin, Paypal, Credit Card

  #3  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 AM
pulsemediahosting pulsemediahosting is offline
Junior Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posts: 240
It all depends on who you are targetting. Budget market can be very tight on their wallets while premium don't mind paying a lot more.

If you want to go for budget, look around budget hosting providers and compare their specs and prices. After which you must have a plan as to how you can be different than them.

Best of luck!

__________________
Pulse Media Hosting Is One Year Old! - Reseller Promo NOW ON!
█ 24x7 Ticket Support Reseller Coupon: Resell2011
Look Me Up - Kai Our Uptime
█ We R The HeartBeat That Keeps Your Sites Online

Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Karl_CLOOK Karl_CLOOK is offline
Web Hosting Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 466
Research your target demographic then compare the service you're realistically able to give your clients vs your competitors; then price yourself accordingly (of course this must coincide with your costs vs. the profit you wish to make, etc...).

If you're able to provide a lesser service (for example, you personally cannot provide 24/7 support on your own, etc...) than your competitors, no problem; simply price yourself lower than your competitors and dont lie to your clients.

Time to get your calculator out, this isnt something people can do for you.

  #5  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 AM
HostGamma HostGamma is online now
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver/Hong Kong
Posts: 1,222
What about unlimited disk space with unlimited bandwidth, for $0.99/mth with 45-day money back guarantee...

__________________
HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
Global Multi Location Hosting with 18+ Locations Worldwide
We accept: Paypal, Bank Transfer, Alipay, Skrill, 2CO, Webmoney, WU, MG


Last edited by HostGamma; 01-13-2011 at 06:04 AM.
  #6  
Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 AM
samkak samkak is offline
WHT Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 105
its all so relative.so can't write anything specifically.

  #7  
Old 01-18-2011, 10:52 AM
systemadminjobs systemadminjobs is offline
WHT Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomholdings View Post
What about unlimited disk space with unlimited bandwidth, for $0.99/mth with 45-day money back guarantee...
It will work, you will need 1000 clients to get $1000/month, the servers would cost you $800, so you have $200 profit if you do it by your own. If you want a decent life in the U.S. you would need 10,000 clients so you will get $2000 wage per month, however, that's still very low compare with a normal wage in the U.S.A.

  #8  
Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 PM
NoSupportLinuxHostin NoSupportLinuxHostin is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSS View Post
What prices are people prepared to pay and for what sort of packages?
Please post below your ideal: bandwith, webspace limit and price (monthly).

It would be interesting for a mix of what people would like and what people currently pay.

Thanks.
There is a wide range. I doubt there is one ideal price or ideal amount of resources. For shared hosting, prices vary from less than $1/month up through $20 or more per month. Disk space varies from hundreds of megs to hundreds of gigs. Bandwidth is anywhere from a gig to hundreds of gigs or even terrabytes of transfer per month. And of course, there are those "unlimited" hosts that each have varying terms in their TOS document to limit the "unlimited". There is no one right answer.

Also, low price does not always lead to more sales. Sometimes high prices seems like a better deal and lead to more sales, if the potential customers think the high price will lead to better service (reliability, support, speed, etc).

As long as your business tries to clearly set itself apart from the rest of the seemingly similar businesses, you can successfully choose nearly any price point you want and probably get at least some customers. By set itself apart, I mean use something other than price, disk space, or bandwidth to define what makes your business different from other hosting companies.

__________________
No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting

  #9  
Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 PM
systemadminjobs systemadminjobs is offline
WHT Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSupportLinuxHostin View Post
There is a wide range. I doubt there is one ideal price or ideal amount of resources. For shared hosting, prices vary from less than $1/month up through $20 or more per month. Disk space varies from hundreds of megs to hundreds of gigs. Bandwidth is anywhere from a gig to hundreds of gigs or even terrabytes of transfer per month. And of course, there are those "unlimited" hosts that each have varying terms in their TOS document to limit the "unlimited". There is no one right answer.

Also, low price does not always lead to more sales. Sometimes high prices seems like a better deal and lead to more sales, if the potential customers think the high price will lead to better service (reliability, support, speed, etc).

As long as your business tries to clearly set itself apart from the rest of the seemingly similar businesses, you can successfully choose nearly any price point you want and probably get at least some customers. By set itself apart, I mean use something other than price, disk space, or bandwidth to define what makes your business different from other hosting companies.

Unless you offer discount, nobody wants to pay more than what they want. Especially the clients who pay monthly, they can switch to other hosts easily.

  #10  
Old 01-18-2011, 11:52 PM
NoSupportLinuxHostin NoSupportLinuxHostin is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemadminjobs View Post
Unless you offer discount, nobody wants to pay more than what they want. Especially the clients who pay monthly, they can switch to other hosts easily.
That is really oversimplified. People do not shop on price alone. In fact, most people have a price they are willing to pay and they are actually looking for a company that seems to be tailored for their specific needs at the price point they have in mind. Most people won't simply flock to the lowest price.

__________________
No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting

  #11  
Old 01-20-2011, 09:59 AM
SamBarrow SamBarrow is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,762
Just take a look around at other hosts to get the standard going rates for your market. Find a reasonable price that works for you and focus on your service. Price is not as important as you may think.

__________________
Sam Barrow @ SQUIDIX Web Hosting & Development LLC
Shared, Semi-Dedicated, and Managed VPS Hosting.
WordPress Themes, Plugins and Custom Web & Mobile Development.
New Offer: Web Hosting Theme Club.

  #12  
Old 01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
camm camm is offline
Junior Guru Wannabe
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 90
What I did is figured out the break even for my server and then what I want to make off each server. I have played around with the numbers and I am beginning to think that targeting the more premium customers may be harder, but they will pay off more in the long run and be less of a hassle.

  #13  
Old 01-20-2011, 12:48 PM
SamBarrow SamBarrow is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,762
Do that, but be generous with yourself. Unexpected costs will come up, guaranteed. But you got the idea, aiming for the premium market is almost always better. It will be MUCH less of a hassle, you're right.

The hardest customers I've ever had to deal with in my life are the ones on my free web hosting service. That says alot.

__________________
Sam Barrow @ SQUIDIX Web Hosting & Development LLC
Shared, Semi-Dedicated, and Managed VPS Hosting.
WordPress Themes, Plugins and Custom Web & Mobile Development.
New Offer: Web Hosting Theme Club.

  #14  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:34 PM
gotlivechat gotlivechat is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemadminjobs View Post
It will work, you will need 1000 clients to get $1000/month, the servers would cost you $800, so you have $200 profit if you do it by your own. If you want a decent life in the U.S. you would need 10,000 clients so you will get $2000 wage per month, however, that's still very low compare with a normal wage in the U.S.A.
Whew 10k clients? To manage that many customers and servers I have to imagine costs would eat into that $2k/month.

__________________
John Rasri
Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
GotLiveChat.com
White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

  #15  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:39 PM
SamBarrow SamBarrow is offline
Web Hosting Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,762
It's not that simple. A lot of people take raw hosting costs and subtract that from revenue from clients and think wow, this will be easy. You'll leave yourself with a thin profit margin that will get eaten up by other things.

Server management, hardware failures, tech support, software licensing for servers and management software (billing, help desk, etc), the list goes on and on. Not to mention the stuff that applies to any business like accounting/tax services, phone lines, toll free number (maybe), office space (might need it eventually), etc etc. I could go on forever listing the things that will eat away at your profit margin.

__________________
Sam Barrow @ SQUIDIX Web Hosting & Development LLC
Shared, Semi-Dedicated, and Managed VPS Hosting.
WordPress Themes, Plugins and Custom Web & Mobile Development.
New Offer: Web Hosting Theme Club.

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[UK] Brilliant UK web hosting packages to host your website with ease DevMonkey Shared Hosting Offers 0 11-08-2007 01:16 PM
Amazing Web Hosting Packages at incredible prices! :::: 25% off initial order :::: TopHostSupport Shared Hosting Offers 0 05-27-2005 06:15 PM
eMax Hosting LLC - Amazing Web Hosting Packages at incredible prices! TopHostSupport Shared Hosting Offers 0 04-13-2005 03:34 PM
Amazing Web Hosting Packages at incredible prices! :::: 50% off initial order :::: TopHostSupport Shared Hosting Offers 0 02-11-2005 01:41 PM
:::: Amazing Web Hosting Packages at incredible prices! :::: TopHostSupport Shared Hosting Offers 0 01-21-2005 01:33 PM

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - August 8, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-08-08 15:02:47
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - November 29, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:38
Pace Work Technologies Launches Upgraded Web Hosting Services Web Hosting News 2013-07-03 15:41:09
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – May 17, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:05
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - January 4, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:43:24


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
Login:
Log in with your username and password
Username:
Password:



Forgot Password?
Advertisement:
Web Hosting News:



 

X

Welcome to WebHostingTalk.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

WebHostingTalk.com is the largest, most influentual web hosting community on the Internet. Join us by filling in the form below.


(4 digit year)

Already a member?