hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : UBB On Cobalt RaQ 4i?

Forum Jump

UBB On Cobalt RaQ 4i?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I'm looking to move my UBB (infopop)from a shared host to my own dedicated server. I was wondering does anyone run a UBB on RaQ 4, and how does the UBB handle. I've heard that Infopops UBB doesnt run very well on RaQ's because it requires an extreme amount of I/O. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

HostBoy,

is the RAQ going to host your popboard UBB only? if so, you dont need a dedicated.

You could still continue on a virtual account. I'm currently with weinbar.com and i'm having 250000 pageviews a month with no problem. Infopop moderator Slurpee has an account with hosting4less.com and his board vhforums.com had close to 1 million pageviews with no problem.

Dont get con by your current host that you need a dedicated to run your UBB 6 just because they put too many ppl on the server or they using RAQ as their server.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I'm not looking to go with a dedicated server just yet. During peak times the board does seem to be a bit laggy. Even with 10 or so members logged on at a time!

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

Even with 10 or so members logged on at a time.

You DEFINATELY have to change host !!! Vhforums is getting about 50 users online & no lag. Mine is about 30 i think coz i dont have who's online installed.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Hi DJ,

Correct me if I am wrong. I don't think weinbar's shared accounts are on raqs, are they?

ebird

Old
Junior Guru

ebird,

I think you got me wrong there. I was refering to hostboy host. I'm just guessing though. I might be wrong.

Weinbar is using DUAL Pentium 3 500 or 800 for their shared hosting with MAX of 200 users. & they do monitor the server for excessive usage.

I was previously hosted off a RAQ & my UBB got shut off numerous times. I got fed up & moved to weinbar & my board so far has no problem for 2 weeks.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

DJ tell us more about your weinbar experience.
Ever experience any lag time or problems due to running a bulletin board via them?

Old
WHT Addict

RAQ

RAQ servers can handle a UBB and Vbulletin board easily... RAQ4i can handle like 150 customers, and it runs smooth.

thats with 512MB of ram too.

Old
Junior Guru

Firstmark,

I have no performance problem at all at weinbar. No lag no nothing. But i do have downtimes. I have a service that PING the server every fifteen minutes.

For the past 3 weeks, there is this major downtimes like for 2-3 hours due to a router problem. After that, i have 3 short downtimes. The server did not respond to a PING & then fifteen minutes later, it was back up. I'm not sure how reliable is the 3rd party ping service though.

ckirby,

I know that a RAQ can handle it easily, but NOT if the server has too many accounts on them. I was once hosted on a RAQ4r with 512RAM with i think 100++ accounts on them. I get shut off or experience slowness everytime my site peaks.

I'm not arguing about RAQ performance here but based on HostBoy UBB which i went to his site to see, i dont see a need for dedicated. If his host were telling him that he is using too much resources, i suggest he moved host.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Penetration Testing Software Cobalt Strike Adds Support for Cloud-based Redirectors Web Hosting News 2014-01-14 14:15:42
Cobalt Data Centers Names Jefferson S. Brown President Web Hosting News 2013-07-10 13:53:29
Cobalt Data Centers Names VP of Operations and Security Web Hosting News 2013-03-14 12:53:28
Cobalt Opens 34,000 Square Foot Data Center in Las Vegas Web Hosting News 2013-02-08 15:07:39