Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacifichost.com

Pacifichost.com

I got Pacifichost because they are one of the rare hosting companies that support protection that Clipbucket script is using.
    I was lucky to get great black Friday deal so I am not upset since it was only trial for me (I was more upset with Clipbucket but that is another story).

Anyway, I used Pacifichost support at the very start about payment and got prety quick answer.

As of servers they are of course very slow. This evening server was extremly slow. Now is down for some time (an hour or two) What is even worst their support site is also down giving following message.

"Down for Maintenance
    An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon..."

So much of the 24x7 hosting. I know this is nothing unusual for cheap hostings but just to write it down. GoDaddy is supersonic jet for them.

Did they send any notice in advance about the downtime?

That is unfortunate. has this happened before? Hopefully they will be back up soon. Are you planning on switching hosts?
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

They should inform their clients if there will be a maintenance. In that way clients will expect the downtime and will not panic asking why my server is down? Did you get any notice from them regarding this maintenance?

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

The message you were/are seeing is WHMCS's default maintenance message. I'm guessing they are probably performing an upgrade or something.

Jack
    Zomex ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    #1 Web Hosting Templates for WHMCS Templates | WordPress | HTML | Blesta | Clientexec
    █ Professional WHMCS Services | Installation | Configuration | Integration | Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by croboy View Post
    GoDaddy is supersonic jet for them.
    Thats a bold statement! lol. All jokes aside, this one of the reasons I always caution users about signing up with web hosts that claim to offer unlimited/diskspace bandwidth (always seems to be the same story, slow servers, constant downtime, bad support).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

If GoDaddy is supersonic over them they sure must be on another planet light years away.

GoDaddy is supersonic jet for them.
    LOL! I loved that statement. Their site appears to be up now, though. But hey, your unhappy so you should switch hosts. I'm sure it would be much better for you to try out other places until you find the one that you like and that fulfills your needs.

Best of luck!

many of the popular host are some time ridiculous

I got Pacifichost because they are one of the rare hosting companies that support protection that Clipbucket script is using.
    I was lucky to get great black Friday deal so I am not upset since it was only trial for me (I was more upset with Clipbucket but that is another story).

Anyway, I used Pacifichost support at the very start about payment and got prety quick answer.

As of servers they are of course very slow. This evening server was extremly slow. Now is down for some time (an hour or two) What is even worst their support site is also down giving following message.

"Down for Maintenance
    An upgrade is currently in progress... Please come back soon..."

So much of the 24x7 hosting. I know this is nothing unusual for cheap hostings but just to write it down. GoDaddy is supersonic jet for them.

I know that recently WHMCS issued an update of their script to offer some more functions. Sounds like they were just updating. WHMCS is about a 30 mb file, may take them some time to get it fully uploaded. Sounds just like you came to them at the wrong time. But i am sorry to hear about your troubles.

Yeh, 4.0 is the latest update. It was released a while ago and hosts have the upgrade as their highest priority.

Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoV View Post
    Yeh, 4.0 is the latest update. It was released a while ago and hosts have the upgrade as their highest priority.
    4.4 was released on 22/23
    • UnderHost.com • Offshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    • 24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    • Managed OnApp Cloud • USA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    • Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Caribbean - United States - Russia •

Yes we were upgrading WHMCS as it is Sunday when our site has less traffic. I'm sorry that the update occurred while you were trying to access WHMCS but I assure you that things are working fine now.

The title of the thread is misleading as this whole thread was created because we upgraded WHMCS.
    Cody McLain
    Founder of PacificHost / AptHost

I think that web hosting company should inform about coming updates and possible downtime.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Thats a bold statement! lol. All jokes aside, this one of the reasons I always caution users about signing up with web hosts that claim to offer unlimited/diskspace bandwidth (always seems to be the same story, slow servers, constant downtime, bad support).
    I've used GoDaddy for 3 yeaser now and I've never had any issues with them. 80 domains and 1'-15 hosted at their servers. Not very fast servers but for the money it's good. Uptime and support where always good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoCow View Post
    Yes we were upgrading WHMCS as it is Sunday when our site has less traffic. I'm sorry that the update occurred while you were trying to access WHMCS but I assure you that things are working fine now.

The title of the thread is misleading as this whole thread was created because we upgraded WHMCS.
    OK. I will be working with you server more in a next few weeks and I will give update here. I don't want to speak only bad things but there must me at least on your web site some message about the update. I was mad for not being able to access to support hub to see some status message. I didn't know it was part of WHMCS. If I saw message you are upgrading and you will be finished in 2-3 hours I would not say anything. I am glad you are following forum. At least that shows you care what clients says and you try to improve business.

As I said I will post update here.

Once again, I'm sorry you were unable to access the Client Portal for the 10 minutes it took for us to perform the upgrade. If you have any further questions or unresolved issues please feel free to email management@pacifichost.com
    Cody McLain

You're confirming the rule croboy : you got what you paid for....

I've used GoDaddy for 3 yeaser now and I've never had any issues with them. 80 domains and 1'-15 hosted at their servers. Not very fast servers but for the money it's good. Uptime and support where always good for me.
    Well I guess it all depends on what you are looking for, if they are working out great for you then that is awesome. However in my opinion, there are definitely better options out there.
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FranciscoV View Post
    LOL! I loved that statement. Their site appears to be up now, though. But hey, your unhappy so you should switch hosts. I'm sure it would be much better for you to try out other places until you find the one that you like and that fulfills your needs.

Best of luck!
    I would never take Pacifichost if Clipbucket had better list of hosting companies that support their script. At least I didn't pay much for the hosting. I just wanted to share my experiance.
    I've used GoDaddy for 3 years (10-15 hosted domains), Lunarpages for 2 years with 10 domains and since recently Hawkhost with couple doamins. I have some experiance in hosting world and know what to expect.

croboy, I think your going a little far there. Your basing the quality of our entire company because we upgraded WHMCS?
    Cody McLain

croboy, I think your going a little far there. Your basing the quality of our entire company because we upgraded WHMCS?
    He only chose your service based on 'Clipbucket', nothing more.

WHMCS upgrade, did you notify clients before hand that you were going to upgrade your WHMCS system?

Whether it be for a few minutes or 60 minutes, you should always notify your clients that an upgrade will be required and inconveniences might be caused.
    l Dedigeeks • Shared • Wordpress • Dedicated • Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider • Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com • Managing Director • Service Superstars

Many companies do not notify their clients of updates. We did it during an off-hour with a limited amount of visitors on the website. The upgrade only took 10 minutes. Therefore notifying thousands of people that we are performing an upgrade when there are 10 visitors on our website is widely unnecessary in my eyes Sean.
    Cody McLain

Quote Originally Posted by NanoCow View Post
    Many companies do not notify their clients of updates. We did it during an off-hour with a limited amount of visitors on the website. The upgrade only took 10 minutes. Therefore notifying thousands of people that we are performing an upgrade when there are 10 visitors on our website is widely unnecessary in my eyes Sean.
    Whatever works best for you I guess

As you see above, your client was made because he was not updated, so I suppose it would of been a fair warning none the least. Oh well, you run your business how you want to - don't mind me
    l Dedigeeks • Shared • Wordpress • Dedicated • Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider • Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com • Managing Director • Service Superstars

I have performed WHMCS upgrades for many large hosting companies over the years and this is the first time a client ever felt the need to open a thread about it...I do suppose there is a first time for everything though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast