hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : Sql is not closing connections

Forum Jump

Sql is not closing connections

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Web Hosting Master

Question

Sql is not closing connections

Hello

When i restart my sql server i got cpu load 45% and mem 2% and after 8 hours is going to 90% and ram 3% and after 8 more hours i have cpu load 140% and ram 4% and after that when all user are gone from my forum after midnight ithe database keep the same load and is not going down

Only if i restart it is going down for many hours and then start again to increase all stats....

Timeout 45
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 2
ServerLimit 2048
MaxClients 1000

I thought also that maybe persistent connections must be off from php.ini but i am not sure that this is the problem....

Any ideas?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 10:43 PM
WHT Addict

It might be that your PHP script is leaking.

Make sure you have mysql_close() around the place. Also why is your MaxClients so insanely high? Unless you are running very, very, popular websites I dont think you need MaxClients 1000. Also You want MySQL to eat up ram, if set up properly. So it works off RAM more than your hard drive.

To be perfectly honest it looks like you need someone to optimize your server for you. But first make sure your php scripts are running mysql_close(). See if that helps.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Web Hosting Master

It i san invision forum and i don't know how can i check for mysql_close().

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Warp Speed!

I can think of many things that can lead to this. I'm not sure fiddling with Apache will help with MySQL. Try running a check on all tables in the forum DB if you haven't already and post more info (node, free ram, show full processlist, etc).

Regards
Joe / UNIXY

L- We LOVE helping our clients!

Old 12-17-2010, 12:06 AM
WHT Addict

OK as its a forum you would assume it's already reasonably optimized and bug free.

It sounds like your forum is reasonably busy. What you need is server optimization. Make a thread on WHT otherwise PM me I can give you some pointers.