Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientist View Post
    What... have any of you guys tried Directadmin at all? Like actually use it instead of judging it by its simplistic theme? Directadmin destroys cPanel in terms of usability from the enduser point of view. The minimal interface loads quickly and does everything you can possibly need and more in a shared hosting environment.
    I think the point was not regarding which is better, but with which is more commonly used. Since cpanel is more or less the industry standard, it makes more sense for providers to go with cpanel (the same goes for users).
    ██ FernGullyGraphics focuses on web strategy, deployment and marketing
    ██ Start Your Website Today - Read Our Facebook Reviews
    ██ .com Registration - cPanel Hosting - Word Press Design's

OK!

I did a LOT of reading today, and ended up going with powermonster.

Already, I am SUPER impressed with the customer service. Super quick responses, very polite, - even got a phone call - and they're going to transfer EVERYTHING over for me!

I only wish I'd known that a new host would do that. Stress over the scope of changing hosts has prevented me from doing it for the past 6 months. I would have switched LONG ago, if I'd known how little hassle it would end up being.

I'm glad you found a new spot!
    Can I ask why you went with them over some of the others you previously posted? (Especially since they seem to be more expensive!)

I posted about some of my experiences and search for a new spot here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1003988
    Not sure if you're interested in reading it.

I don't *THINK* my site was one that got hacked? Frankly, I'm not privy to those details. Were the sites defaced? Just information harvested? How can I know?

It's $5/month, not sure how much cheaper I need to go, lol!

I went with them because the reviews were good, and a lot of their site attracted me. For instance, they seem to be VERY anal retentive about keeping their ips off blacklists. After dealing with the **** from HostPC for so long.. I really need that.

Also, a lot of what their customers were saying (on sites OTHER than theirs) sounded like what they loved about powermonster were all things that I miss from my earlier days with HostPC. Responsiveness, etc.

For instance, we've gone back and forth on my ticket a few times in the past hour or so.. contrasted with submitting a ticket for hostpc... waiting.. waiting... getting a non answer a day or two later.. they close the ticket without fixing the issue.. etc.

I'm really happy already. In describing my HostPC experiences to a friend, it really felt like trying to leave an abusive husband. Wishing it was how it was, giving a lot of chances.. swearing I'll leave when it gets bad, but then forgiving and hoping it'll get better...

Well, now I feel like a handsome man with a sexy accent just whisked me outta that hell hole, and off to somewhere sunny and PEACEFUL.

Sorry, I've been very, very frustrated with HostPC for a VERY long time, and really hate feeling like my hands are tied. CANNOT believe the weight that was lifted from my chest when these guys emailled to say that they've started transferring everything over.

Hrm, I dunno.. I mean it really depends on your needs. If you checked out that thread I posted, I am paying $15 a YEAR. ($1.25 a month)

Sounds like you use your hosting for something a lot more "real" than I ever have in my casual use though.

Well, I was on a similar price with HostPC, grandfathered in from a plan from years ago.

The difference between $1.25 and $5/month is.. a COFFEE. Much cheaper than any price I'd put on my mental health (which HostPC has been messing with!!)

The different between $15 and $50 a year. That's over a 300% increase!

Yeah, $35 / year difference. That's a nice meal out.

Sorry man. I get what you're saying and all, but $5/month is nothing. I have NO idea how they can do it that cheap, aside from equipment costs, geez, 1 decent trouble ticket/month, and they're losing money on me, labor wise.

Glad to hear you found a new web host.
    I started my company because I had problems with hosts and I know what you have went threw, As to moving over your account all they will do is copy the account from the server you where on to there server witch makes it less hassle.

For backup, if you are using cpanel or something similar backups should be very easy, one to three clicks and you have everything. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BurntOut View Post
    Well, I was on a similar price with HostPC, grandfathered in from a plan from years ago.
    I've been seeing multiple posts about HostPC in the past week or so; too bad though, they've been doing DA almost as long as we have and there isn't that many DA providers on WHT...

Do let us know how powermonster works out in a few weeks
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Quote Originally Posted by trustedurl.com View Post
    I've been seeing multiple posts about HostPC in the past week or so; too bad though, they've been doing DA almost as long as we have and there isn't that many DA providers on WHT...

I feel kinda bad, because HostPC was really good a few years ago. They've just really burned me a few too many times.

I am totally in love with powermonster already. Not only did they get all of my stuff transferred within like 2 hours, they APOLOGIZED FOR THE DELAY.

Um, what? I think I must have blinked and MISSED the delay.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by trustedurl.com View Post
    Powermonster is owned by "BirdHosting" if my memory serves me well.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting, LLC - Professional Hosting Solutions
    LiteSpeed Powered - Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    For high-end shared accounts ideal for business, check out our Premium offerings!
    http://www.mddhosting.com/ - Providing Quality Services since 2007

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Powermonster is owned by "BirdHosting" if my memory serves me well.
    Correct.
    HostXNow - http://www.hostxnow.com | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure and Reliable [UK/USA] Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS Hosting
    cPanel/WHM CloudLinux (Multi PHP) Offsite Backups LiteSpeed TrendyTools Softaculous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12