* Kayako V4 Unlimited Seat License with extras!

Hello,

We now have an extra owned Kayako Fusion license that's not in use. It's an unlimited seat license, so it retails for $18,000. I'd like to get $2,500 for it, which is just over a 25 person license through Kayako. Included in this are Kayako Mobile, Kayako Notify, Branding-Free, and over 8 months of support and upgrades.

Kayako is a great product, we just have an extra license from an old project, and would like to offload it at this incredible savings!

Feel free to make an offer, and of course we will verify all this with Kayako before any payment is made. The transfer has already been cleared with Kayako, but we'll make sure you hear that directly from them before you pay us.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for looking!
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
    || -----------------
    || Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Software Licenses

Hi,

Is this a license you received as part of an upgrade to from Kayako 3? if so, it cannot be sold or transfered (https://my.kayako.com/index.php?/Kno...ticle/View/537)

In any case, please report your post with your Kayako customer details and one of the WHT team will verify its eligibility
    Last edited by Jamie Edwards; 12-14-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    » Kayako customer service software and live chat software- your customers deserve better than helpdesk

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Edwards View Post
    Hi,

Is this a license you received as part of an upgrade to from Kayako 3? if so, it cannot be sold or transfered (https://my.kayako.com/index.php?/Kno...ticle/View/537)
    "The transfer has already been cleared with Kayako, but we'll make sure you hear that directly from them before you pay us."
    I do things. - Consumer and b2b IT solutions.

What a garbage rule. Basically those who paid for Kayako v3 owned licenses cannot sell them, is what you're saying?
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

If the OP has authority to do it, i would like to know too.... This will be very interesting.
    NetEarth One
    ICANN Accredited Registrar, https://reseller.netearthone.com
    Full UK support, 7 days a week 365 days a year!

You could have chosen not to upgrade to v4 yet and then sell the v3 license at a higher cost so the new owner can then upgrade the license to v4.

Quote Originally Posted by teck View Post
    You could have chosen not to upgrade to v4 yet and then sell the v3 license at a higher cost so the new owner can then upgrade the license to v4.
    I hope that's allowed. There's no way in hell we're upgrading to v4, I'll save that rant for another day. Assuming what you're saying is true, I would expect a bunch of people to sell their v3 owned licenses for a pretty penny.

I got rid of my v3 license cheaply here a while back. Wish I would have waited since I thought that once v4 came out, even transferring v3 licenses would be forbidden.

It's pretty normal for licenses of this nature to be non-transferable especially when a major release is pushed out and existing licenses are grandfathered in.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Official Let's Encrypt Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Akisoft View Post
    "The transfer has already been cleared with Kayako, but we'll make sure you hear that directly from them before you pay us."
    However, Jamie does work for Kayako.

Kayako have put this rule in place so that people can not profiteer from selling there license's on at a cheaper price than Kayako offer it.

Hello all,

I did hear about this, but I specifically cleared this with the Kayako staff this weekend.

Jamie, if you would like to discuss this, please PM me. If that is the case for all licenses, your staff needs to be trained on the subject, but I still expect to be able to transfer my license as promised.

So, to anyone else, as of now, this license is still for sale!

Thanks all for chiming in!
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || We have provided great prices and better support since 2006. Located in Seattle, WA!
    || -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by FazeWire View Post
    Hello all,

I did hear about this, but I specifically cleared this with the Kayako staff this weekend.

Jamie, if you would like to discuss this, please PM me. If that is the case for all licenses, your staff needs to be trained on the subject, but I still expect to be able to transfer my license as promised.

So, to anyone else, as of now, this license is still for sale!

Thanks all for chiming in!
    Jamie is one of their main people I highly doubt he's incorrect on this matter. Their support techs are likely wrong in this instance.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Official Let's Encrypt Sponsor

Yep, I would agree with that, but the staff needs to know how to properly answer the customers, so I'll still take this up with him.
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || -----------------

Did you get an update FazeWire?

I sent a PM to Jaime yesterday about what options there are for v3 owned license holders to sell to people who want to upgrade to v4, however, I feel like he's dodging my question and it's making me a sad panda.

Working with Jamie on this now. Will update here. But don't expect it to be transferrable, they are pretty clear about it, seems. My case just slipped through the cracks...
    FazeWire Web Services.
    || -----------------

Hi,

The confusion here was that our staff thought you had not yet converted your Kayako 3 licenses to a Kayako 4 one. They thought you were referring to the Kayako 4 launch in general.

You asked:
    I have had my license for quite a while before the switch to v4. Part of our company was recently purchased, and we no longer have a need for Kayako's help desk solution. Is our license eligible for transfer
    And our agent only checked the status of your support and upgrades rather than the actual license you held.

Sorry for the confusion. We'll make it more clear in the future.
    » Kayako customer service software and live chat software- your customers deserve better than helpdesk

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I sent a PM to Jaime yesterday about what options there are for v3 owned license holders to sell to people who want to upgrade to v4, however, I feel like he's dodging my question and it's making me a sad panda.
    Sorry I'm not dodging questions, I'm just really busy. For speedier responses, contact our helpdesk and live chat.

With regards to your question, your Kayako 3 license is still transferable at our discretion (read that to mean: business as usual).

Sorry I'm not dodging questions, I'm just really busy. For speedier responses, contact our helpdesk and live chat.

With regards to your question, your Kayako 3 license is still transferable at our discretion (read that to mean: business as usual).
    Sorry.

I'll submit a trouble ticket with some further questions.

The problem is that Fazwire would of bought Kayako V3 at a lower rate - from memory they were selling at $499.00.

Fazewire would be pretty much profiteering from this license to be resold at a much higher rate for unlimited seats ($2,000 to be on the note) - personally if it was me I would not allow it.

I have an Owned License with Unlimited Seats and this was an upgrade from the version previous being V3.

I'm just surprised really.

*So I am confused, is this transferable*?
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars