Question Cloud Hosting with cPanel

Hi,

I'm new to the Cloud hosting and i'm very intrested in getting setup and running with Cloud.

Can anyone suggest a good host?

Can you get Cloud with cPanel pre-installed?

Thanks

Chris

Most of the OnApp providers can give you a VM with CloudLinux with cPanel pre-installed. If you are just looking for a web host and not a dedicated you can try the offers section.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

Quote Originally Posted by zogy View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the Cloud hosting and i'm very intrested in getting setup and running with Cloud.

Can anyone suggest a good host?

Can you get Cloud with cPanel pre-installed?

Thanks

Chris
    Chris,

This is actually possible with many different cloud hosting providers. You won't see it with a service like AWS, as they don't really cater to the cPanel-esque market, but those who do hosting for more of the hobbyist can set this up with ease.

Chris,

Good morning. Are you looking for a Shared cPanel based Cloud host? Or a Dedicated Cloud environment with your own cPanel+WHM installed?

Quote Originally Posted by CloudWeb View Post
    Chris,

Good morning. Are you looking for a Shared cPanel based Cloud host? Or a Dedicated Cloud environment with your own cPanel+WHM installed?
    Hi,

I would prefer dedicated resource. However as it's just for my own personal sites, testing it could be ok for Shared.

Thanks

Chris

Gotcha.. ok a shared account (possibly a reseller account as it has more control) may work just fine for you for now. A major point of consideration with Dedicated resources is management. Are you comfortable and capable of fully managing an environment yourself? It's more than likely going to be a Linux distribution of some sort so without full management you would be responsible for that server.

Full management options do exist and prices vary wildly between providers. Some charge by the hour with no full management option, some a fixed fee, and I think some may even include it nowadays in the base price.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudWeb View Post
    Gotcha.. ok a shared account (possibly a reseller account as it has more control) may work just fine for you for now. A major point of consideration with Dedicated resources is management. Are you comfortable and capable of fully managing an environment yourself? It's more than likely going to be a Linux distribution of some sort so without full management you would be responsible for that server.

Full management options do exist and prices vary wildly between providers. Some charge by the hour with no full management option, some a fixed fee, and I think some may even include it nowadays in the base price.
    Hi,

If i was to go dedicated i'd prefer managed. However i can manage this by myself if this is not available.

I have same problem , like kevin_lee .

I recommend you to to check www.cartikacloud.com i use there cloud services but i am using hsphere control panel

I'd suggest you to search in cPanel's website and in their forums for providers and software integrated with their control panel.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

most cloud systems out there would serve cPanel VM's out of the box.

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

cPanel on CloudLinux on OnApp rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by boskone View Post
    That isn't quite a cloud, that is a very nicely optimized OS to run on top of CentOS.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

Quote Originally Posted by kris1351 View Post
    That isn't quite a cloud, that is a very nicely optimized OS to run on top of CentOS.
    Agreed - cPanel + CloudLinux is a great shared hosting environment. If you're only running a single site though or only a few sites, there really isn't a significant need for CloudLinux.

Quote Originally Posted by boskone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kris1351 View Post
    The OnApp platform makes it a cloud though
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Quote Originally Posted by inogenius View Post
    Agreed - cPanel + CloudLinux is a great shared hosting environment. If you're only running a single site though or only a few sites, there really isn't a significant need for CloudLinux.
    cloudlinux can be run with any number of hosting control panels. cPanel, DirectAdmin, Hsphere, Plesk, etc..

It is actually a very useful tool on the cloud as it allows for granular, account level resource control within a virtual container. It is also pretty useful with only 1 or just a few accounts. You can leave what we like to call a management resource buffer. It the server is getting hammered (organically, or via an attack, etc), server stability will be maintained, and will allow the admins to go in and either increase resources assigned to the cloud instance, or allow them to identify and resolve an issue - all the while, server stability has been maintained...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Is that means onapp cloud can only run cpanel on CloudLinux ?
    Or any OS cpanel support is OK for onapp cloud ?

Quote Originally Posted by jameshsi View Post
    Is that means onapp cloud can only run cpanel on CloudLinux ?
    Or any OS cpanel support is OK for onapp cloud ?
    OnApp can run cPanel (or any other common CP) with OR without CloudLinux.

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

VMware cloud solution with cpanel pre install providing by many hosting providing companies