Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Question Cloud Hosting with cPanel

    Hi,

    I'm new to the Cloud hosting and i'm very intrested in getting setup and running with Cloud.

    Can anyone suggest a good host?

    Can you get Cloud with cPanel pre-installed?

    Thanks

    Chris

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,660
    Most of the OnApp providers can give you a VM with CloudLinux with cPanel pre-installed. If you are just looking for a web host and not a dedicated you can try the offers section.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,098
    Quote Originally Posted by zogy View Post
    Hi,

    I'm new to the Cloud hosting and i'm very intrested in getting setup and running with Cloud.

    Can anyone suggest a good host?

    Can you get Cloud with cPanel pre-installed?

    Thanks

    Chris
    Chris,

    This is actually possible with many different cloud hosting providers. You won't see it with a service like AWS, as they don't really cater to the cPanel-esque market, but those who do hosting for more of the hobbyist can set this up with ease.
    Terry Myers
    Campaign & Social Media Manager @ OnApp.com

    The World's Best Clouds Run on OnApp.

    Interested in OnApp? Give it a try with our 24 hour demo.

  4. #4
    Chris,

    Good morning. Are you looking for a Shared cPanel based Cloud host? Or a Dedicated Cloud environment with your own cPanel+WHM installed?
    Cloud Web - SSD Cloud Hosting & Cloud Reseller Services
    Cloud Web grows with your site, and even if a server crashes your site remains available.
    TRUE Cloud, Affordable, 14 Years of Success in Web Hosting
    Data Centers in Ashburn, VA | Seattle, WA | Dallas, TX

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudWeb View Post
    Chris,

    Good morning. Are you looking for a Shared cPanel based Cloud host? Or a Dedicated Cloud environment with your own cPanel+WHM installed?
    Hi,

    I would prefer dedicated resource. However as it's just for my own personal sites, testing it could be ok for Shared.

    Thanks

    Chris

  6. #6
    Gotcha.. ok a shared account (possibly a reseller account as it has more control) may work just fine for you for now. A major point of consideration with Dedicated resources is management. Are you comfortable and capable of fully managing an environment yourself? It's more than likely going to be a Linux distribution of some sort so without full management you would be responsible for that server.

    Full management options do exist and prices vary wildly between providers. Some charge by the hour with no full management option, some a fixed fee, and I think some may even include it nowadays in the base price.
    Cloud Web - SSD Cloud Hosting & Cloud Reseller Services
    Cloud Web grows with your site, and even if a server crashes your site remains available.
    TRUE Cloud, Affordable, 14 Years of Success in Web Hosting
    Data Centers in Ashburn, VA | Seattle, WA | Dallas, TX

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudWeb View Post
    Gotcha.. ok a shared account (possibly a reseller account as it has more control) may work just fine for you for now. A major point of consideration with Dedicated resources is management. Are you comfortable and capable of fully managing an environment yourself? It's more than likely going to be a Linux distribution of some sort so without full management you would be responsible for that server.

    Full management options do exist and prices vary wildly between providers. Some charge by the hour with no full management option, some a fixed fee, and I think some may even include it nowadays in the base price.
    Hi,

    If i was to go dedicated i'd prefer managed. However i can manage this by myself if this is not available.

  8. #8
    I have same problem , like kevin_lee .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    757
    I recommend you to to check www.cartikacloud.com i use there cloud services but i am using hsphere control panel

  10. #10
    I'd suggest you to search in cPanel's website and in their forums for providers and software integrated with their control panel.
    Host Color Colocation, Dedicated & Europe Dedicated Servers since 2000
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,402
    most cloud systems out there would serve cPanel VM's out of the box.


    D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

  12. #12
    cPanel on CloudLinux on OnApp rocks!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by boskone View Post
    cPanel on CloudLinux on OnApp rocks!
    That isn't quite a cloud, that is a very nicely optimized OS to run on top of CentOS.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,098
    Quote Originally Posted by kris1351 View Post
    That isn't quite a cloud, that is a very nicely optimized OS to run on top of CentOS.
    Agreed - cPanel + CloudLinux is a great shared hosting environment. If you're only running a single site though or only a few sites, there really isn't a significant need for CloudLinux.
    Terry Myers
    Campaign & Social Media Manager @ OnApp.com

    The World's Best Clouds Run on OnApp.

    Interested in OnApp? Give it a try with our 24 hour demo.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,402
    Quote Originally Posted by boskone View Post
    cPanel on CloudLinux on OnApp rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kris1351 View Post
    That isn't quite a cloud, that is a very nicely optimized OS to run on top of CentOS.
    The OnApp platform makes it a cloud though
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by inogenius View Post
    Agreed - cPanel + CloudLinux is a great shared hosting environment. If you're only running a single site though or only a few sites, there really isn't a significant need for CloudLinux.
    cloudlinux can be run with any number of hosting control panels. cPanel, DirectAdmin, Hsphere, Plesk, etc..

    It is actually a very useful tool on the cloud as it allows for granular, account level resource control within a virtual container. It is also pretty useful with only 1 or just a few accounts. You can leave what we like to call a management resource buffer. It the server is getting hammered (organically, or via an attack, etc), server stability will be maintained, and will allow the admins to go in and either increase resources assigned to the cloud instance, or allow them to identify and resolve an issue - all the while, server stability has been maintained...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    91
    Is that means onapp cloud can only run cpanel on CloudLinux ?
    Or any OS cpanel support is OK for onapp cloud ?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,402
    Quote Originally Posted by jameshsi View Post
    Is that means onapp cloud can only run cpanel on CloudLinux ?
    Or any OS cpanel support is OK for onapp cloud ?
    OnApp can run cPanel (or any other common CP) with OR without CloudLinux.


    D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10
    VMware cloud solution with cpanel pre install providing by many hosting providing companies

  20. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 01:08 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 12:00 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 01:47 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 09:31 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 11:22 AM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •