hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Cloud Hosting : Cloud Hosting with cPanel

Forum Jump

Cloud Hosting with cPanel

Reply Post New Thread In Cloud Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Question

Cloud Hosting with cPanel

Hi,

I'm new to the Cloud hosting and i'm very intrested in getting setup and running with Cloud.

Can anyone suggest a good host?

Can you get Cloud with cPanel pre-installed?

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Most of the OnApp providers can give you a VM with CloudLinux with cPanel pre-installed. If you are just looking for a web host and not a dedicated you can try the offers section.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zogy View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the Cloud hosting and i'm very intrested in getting setup and running with Cloud.

Can anyone suggest a good host?

Can you get Cloud with cPanel pre-installed?

Thanks

Chris
Chris,

This is actually possible with many different cloud hosting providers. You won't see it with a service like AWS, as they don't really cater to the cPanel-esque market, but those who do hosting for more of the hobbyist can set this up with ease.

OnApp - Automate Everything, Everywhere.

Interested in OnApp? Give it a try with our 24 hour demo.

Sponsored Links
Old
Cloud Hosting Expert

Chris,

Good morning. Are you looking for a Shared cPanel based Cloud host? Or a Dedicated Cloud environment with your own cPanel+WHM installed?

Data Centers in Ashburn, VA | Seattle, WA | Dallas, TX

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudWeb View Post
Chris,

Good morning. Are you looking for a Shared cPanel based Cloud host? Or a Dedicated Cloud environment with your own cPanel+WHM installed?
Hi,

I would prefer dedicated resource. However as it's just for my own personal sites, testing it could be ok for Shared.

Thanks

Chris

Old
Cloud Hosting Expert

Gotcha.. ok a shared account (possibly a reseller account as it has more control) may work just fine for you for now. A major point of consideration with Dedicated resources is management. Are you comfortable and capable of fully managing an environment yourself? It's more than likely going to be a Linux distribution of some sort so without full management you would be responsible for that server.

Full management options do exist and prices vary wildly between providers. Some charge by the hour with no full management option, some a fixed fee, and I think some may even include it nowadays in the base price.

Data Centers in Ashburn, VA | Seattle, WA | Dallas, TX

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudWeb View Post
Gotcha.. ok a shared account (possibly a reseller account as it has more control) may work just fine for you for now. A major point of consideration with Dedicated resources is management. Are you comfortable and capable of fully managing an environment yourself? It's more than likely going to be a Linux distribution of some sort so without full management you would be responsible for that server.

Full management options do exist and prices vary wildly between providers. Some charge by the hour with no full management option, some a fixed fee, and I think some may even include it nowadays in the base price.
Hi,

If i was to go dedicated i'd prefer managed. However i can manage this by myself if this is not available.

Old

I have same problem , like kevin_lee .

Old
Web Hosting Master

I recommend you to to check www.cartikacloud.com i use there cloud services but i am using hsphere control panel

Old
Web Hosting Master

I'd suggest you to search in cPanel's website and in their forums for providers and software integrated with their control panel.

24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Old
Web Hosting Master

most cloud systems out there would serve cPanel VM's out of the box.

D

Give it a spin at www.TryOnApp.com, and see why we're behind 1 out of 3 public clouds online.

Old
Junior Guru

cPanel on CloudLinux on OnApp rocks!

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boskone View Post
That isn't quite a cloud, that is a very nicely optimized OS to run on top of CentOS.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1351 View Post
That isn't quite a cloud, that is a very nicely optimized OS to run on top of CentOS.
Agreed - cPanel + CloudLinux is a great shared hosting environment. If you're only running a single site though or only a few sites, there really isn't a significant need for CloudLinux.

OnApp - Automate Everything, Everywhere.

Interested in OnApp? Give it a try with our 24 hour demo.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boskone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1351 View Post
The OnApp platform makes it a cloud though

Give it a spin at www.TryOnApp.com, and see why we're behind 1 out of 3 public clouds online.