Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1

    [Hetzner] I bought from them didnt recieve it.

    I bought their x5 server for 59 euro + 25 for windows server for 2 Days ago kinda exactly to the time i post now
    I recieved an mail like "thanks for ordering a x5 server blbalbalbal"
    Now i've mailed em 3 times and no answer
    in the mail it was wroten it would be launched at latest 06:50 AM So now im asking wtf is this **** they've drawed money from my account already so anyone been in same situation?

    What to do?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    157
    Did you send them a copy of your Photo ID, etc...?

    I know it took 48 hours for my first server with them to be setup because I had to send in a copy of my passport.
    Adam Hoban.
    ManobanWeb Group
    UK and US - Shared & Reseller Hosting Solutions

  3. #3
    I did send of my self but not account holder since it was my dads card

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,973
    Also keep in mind it's weekend and they probably don't deliver new servers on weekends.
    InstantDedicated.com - Unmanaged Dedicated Servers with Instant Activation [EU and USA]
    ServerBoost.com - Managed Dedicated Servers with 24x7 On-Site Support [100% Uptime Guarantee]
    ≈ Locations: (The Netherlands) - Tier 3 [Dataplace] | (Miami) - Tier 3 - Pay via: Bitcoin, Paypal, Credit Card, Sofort Banking, Bancontact, Webmoney, iDEAL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Casablanca
    Posts
    153
    Hetzner has a very good reputation on the net.
    I've not yet tried them but you can be sure that they will not steal your money.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Forslund View Post
    I did send of my self but not account holder since it was my dads card
    That could cause confusion and maybe delays. Give it some time, if not try calling them on Monday morning and they should be able to help you out.

    Hetzner are a good company, so it's not like they'll run away with your money.
    Adam Hoban.
    ManobanWeb Group
    UK and US - Shared & Reseller Hosting Solutions

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    77
    I have too servers with Hetzner and I dont have any facturation probleme... wait a little bit more...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Posts
    785
    Hetzner sales dept only operates during business hours Mon-Fri, not 24 hours or weekends.
    High Quality Web Hosting from Host Ultra
    Visit us online at www.hostultra.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Host Ultra View Post
    Hetzner sales dept only operates during business hours Mon-Fri, not 24 hours or weekends.
    That's right, the servers are activated during business hours.

    Is totally normal in Hetzner and in most providers.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    199
    Just wait until the Monday.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Forslund View Post
    I bought their x5 server for 59 euro + 25 for windows server for 2 Days ago kinda exactly to the time i post now
    I recieved an mail like "thanks for ordering a x5 server blbalbalbal"
    Now i've mailed em 3 times and no answer
    in the mail it was wroten it would be launched at latest 06:50 AM So now im asking wtf is this **** they've drawed money from my account already so anyone been in same situation?
    What to do?
    I would suggest to contact our support on Monday morning. Our sales people work only during business hours. If you behind the identity check, the setup of new standard servers is normally quite fast. Are you sure, that your CC has already been charged? That sounds quite unusual.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Forslund View Post
    I bought their x5 server for 59 euro + 25 for windows server for 2 Days ago kinda exactly to the time i post now
    I recieved an mail like "thanks for ordering a x5 server blbalbalbal"
    Now i've mailed em 3 times and no answer
    in the mail it was wroten it would be launched at latest 06:50 AM So now im asking wtf is this **** they've drawed money from my account already so anyone been in same situation?

    What to do?
    People dont work on weekends on Germany im afraid. (yes I worked on IT companies there...) Just like they take 2 vacations and 15 sick days per year and only want to work 6 hours. Im afraid Germans are very lazy, and wages are very high, they just count the hours until their Feierabend each day. That said you can never expect the same service from a US company where they have 24/7 support.

    People always blame they US for allot of things but I can guarantee you something. They work like horses, thats for sure and the US customer service you will get from a US company is top notch, the best of the world. Sadly no one can compete against this.

    So if you ordered Friday from a German company you are screwed until Monday.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,084
    Hetzner have staff 24/7 on their new location. On old location after 23:00 GMT+1 they can offer support but you have to pay a fee.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Amidst several dimensions
    Posts
    4,321
    Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    So if you ordered Friday from a German company you are screwed until Monday.
    so that's different with u.s. companies ? come on.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Amidst several dimensions
    Posts
    4,321
    does hetzner offer whm/cpanel ?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    so that's different with u.s. companies ? come on.
    Are you trying to say same Americans are the same as German?

    No, by no way no,.

    Americans are hard work honest people, most of them. Germans are fat and lazy, which corrupted their country by letting millons of turks to come in and make their dirty work and with almost 50% taxes.

    And im a German by the way so I can make a honest remark about this.

    Try to send a support ticket to a German company. They will take days to reply if you are lucky, the best ones will in 24 hours. I deal with companies from the US, EU, India, Singapur, China, daily, like 50 from each which I mentioned. And I can assure you the best possible support is from the US and second India. Same for products. EU has great software but they are slower on development and support is a big minus there. I would say the brits and the dutch are the ones that get it better than the rest. Followed by Spain, which is not bad, but they are also lazy like Germans.
    Last edited by nibb; 12-12-2010 at 06:17 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ~/
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Forslund View Post
    I did send of my self but not account holder since it was my dads card
    May be worth getting your dad's ID scanned and ready. I would think it will be needed.
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED
    -> QUALITY XEN & OpenVZ VPS HOSTING
    -> PHOENIX & MIAMI USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU
    -> WHITE LABEL XEN VPS RESELLER PLANS

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Amidst several dimensions
    Posts
    4,321
    Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    Are you trying to say same Americans are the same as German?

    No, by no way no,.

    Americans are hard work honest people, most of them. Germans are fat and lazy, which corrupted their country by letting millons of turks to come in and make their dirty work and with almost 50% taxes.

    And im a German by the way so I can make a honest remark about this.

    Try to send a support ticket to a German company. They will take days to reply if you are lucky, the best ones will in 24 hours. I deal with companies from the US, EU, India, Singapur, China, daily, like 50 from each which I mentioned. And I can assure you the best possible support is from the US and second India. Same for products. EU has great software but they are slower on development and support is a big minus there. I would say the brits and the dutch are the ones that get it better than the rest. Followed by Spain, which is not bad, but they are also lazy like Germans.
    your approach is way too broad here, and you are idealizing way too much.

    check out the complaints about various notable companies in wht going back a few years. you will see that sleazy companies can easily be found everywhere, including the u.s.

    if you go out and compare the very top companies like theplanet etc to other companies, of course they would come up great.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,152
    Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    your approach is way too broad here, and you are idealizing way too much.

    check out the complaints about various notable companies in wht going back a few years. you will see that sleazy companies can easily be found everywhere, including the u.s.

    if you go out and compare the very top companies like theplanet etc to other companies, of course they would come up great.
    Indeed, im just talking about personal experience (like most members here do) so everyone can take this like they want. I dont assume people take anything for granted. And yes I did compared them to companies like The Planet, Softlayer,etc, but then again I would say Hetzner is one of the biggest and most popular in Europe so they are up to be compared to major companies.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by CretaForce View Post
    Hetzner have staff 24/7 on their new location. On old location after 23:00 GMT+1 they can offer support but you have to pay a fee.
    Yes they have 24/7 staff/support, but not sales.

    unity100, no they don't offer cpanel.
    But you can buy a cpanel license from cpanel.net or many resellers and install it yourself.
    High Quality Web Hosting from Host Ultra
    Visit us online at www.hostultra.com

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    People dont work on weekends on Germany im afraid. (yes I worked on IT companies there...) Just like they take 2 vacations and 15 sick days per year and only want to work 6 hours. Im afraid Germans are very lazy, and wages are very high, they just count the hours until their Feierabend each day. That said you can never expect the same service from a US company where they have 24/7 support.

    People always blame they US for allot of things but I can guarantee you something. They work like horses, thats for sure and the US customer service you will get from a US company is top notch, the best of the world. Sadly no one can compete against this.

    So if you ordered Friday from a German company you are screwed until Monday.
    I really think I should buy a server from a German company to see if they are as bad as you said. All this time, I had been an admirer of German efficiency. Hope I won't be disappointed.

    btw I do have a vps hosted on a data center in Frankfurt and it has a page load time of under one second. Do you think that is just a fluke? Or is it because I bought my vps through a US host?

  22. #22
    Hetzner is one of the best providers i can see on the internet, i have a X2 and a i7 Server with then, and never had problems with setup time.. try to call then.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post

    Americans are hard work honest people, most of them. Germans are fat and lazy, which corrupted their country by letting millons of turks to come in and make their dirty work and with almost 50% taxes.

    And im a German by the way so I can make a honest remark about this.
    So, for the record, you're fat and lazy.

    This kind of generalization really doesn't make any sense.
    CoderJosh | Web Application Developer and Linux Server Admin
    █ Web & Mobile App Coding | Troubleshooting | Tuning | Hardening | SysAdmin Services
    https://www.coderjosh.com/

  24. #24
    Your server is online now, enjoy!

    It is not correct that we have charged your credit card.
    You will receive your first invoice in 2 days, after that your credit card will be charged for the first time.


    First time orders from new clients are usually not processed at the weekend as the submitted information has to be checked by the sales staff who's back in the office on Mondays.

  25. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Similar Threads

  1. cpanel didnt start
    By why? in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 02:28 PM
  2. Well i didnt think it would happen to me but it has.
    By RHShawn in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:28 PM
  3. Infomation I didnt know about.. though interesting
    By Torith in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 12:52 AM
  4. Anyone recieve not recieve 2checkout payment ?
    By MarcD in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 12:50 PM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •