phpMyAdmin - Help

Hello everyone, I've looked through out all of the phpmyadmin document's although I haven't found any information on how to make it so when users login they only have control over _their_ databases, and only see _their_ database.

For example I login to phpmyadmin with the user demo and the password demo. On the left I can see every database, and control it etc.

How can I make it so when the user "demo" logs in _only_ he has access to his database (besides root) and he only sees his database.

Anyone have any info? All appreciated thanks! .

When I use phpMyAdmin it's automatically like that.
    Web-cp: an open source control panel: http://www.web-cp.net

Re: phpMyAdmin - Help

Originally posted by ChickenSteak
    Hello everyone, I've looked through out all of the phpmyadmin document's although I haven't found any information on how to make it so when users login they only have control over _their_ databases, and only see _their_ database.

For example I login to phpmyadmin with the user demo and the password demo. On the left I can see every database, and control it etc.

How can I make it so when the user "demo" logs in _only_ he has access to his database (besides root) and he only sees his database.

Anyone have any info? All appreciated thanks! .

I'm guessing this is a non-CPanel machine....?
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

you have to configure the grant tables in the mysql database read the documents about it at mysql.com
    Uadm.com - Unix Administration, Security and Support.
    http://www.uadm.com
    "Unix is user friendly; it's just picky about who its friends are."

WebMastTroy - Yes
    Rcs - I've checked that out, and pretty sure at least _that_ part is right . Although i'll check it again .

Hmmm...If you are sure your grant tables are Ok then are you by chance using $cfgServers[$i]['auth_type'] = 'config' ?

A:\ - I'm using http.

I have got it all working now everyone, thanks!

(For some reason the grants I configured didn't take effect, so the problem was I had to reload the mysql database.

Originally posted by ChickenSteak
    (For some reason the grants I configured didn't take effect, so the problem was I had to reload the mysql database.
    Ah, the good old "must-reload-mysql-for-grant-changes-to-take-effect" problem