hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Opinions on Powersurge?

Forum Jump

Opinions on Powersurge?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2000, 06:54 PM

Question

Does anyone have any experience reselling for Powersurge? If so, what is your opinion?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2000, 10:51 PM
WHT Addict

Hi, I have had experience reselling for this company... It was not a very positive one. One one account, they pointed a few different domains of their own to it, and we got a lot of email from the owner of those domains. Also, they changed their prices suddenly on us on one of their plans (from $10 to $15). When I told them that this could cost me customers, they told me something along the lines of: "If the customer isn't willing to pay $5 more, you probably don't want them as a customer anyway". There were some other things, too, such as (sometimes) slow account setups/support.

You may also want to check out: http://www.dogvox.com/Power.htm

** EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, sendmail on their servers did not work all the time I was there. I emailed them, and even setup a program for them to test the sendmail program, but they could not find out what the problem was. I also know someone who hosted there who was on an NT server, and had problems with ASP. From what he tells me, the techs told him there must be a problem with his coding. He had several experts look it over, and they all said it was fine... he later moved it to another host, without changing the coding, and it worked perfectly.

[This message has been edited by Brian Farkas (edited 05-08-2000).]

Old 05-09-2000, 12:48 AM
Ron

Wink

Heh, I'm the one that Brian is talking about with the ASP probs there. He's 100% correct. That *exact* same ASP code that supposedly caused many problems at PowerSurge has been running flawlessly at another host (Intermedia) for well over a year now. My code wasn't the problem - PowerSurge's setup was. They were extremely rude about it as well. There's lots of better choices out there.

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
US Judge Gives Prosecutors Access to Entire Gmail Account in Money Laundering Case Web Hosting News 2014-07-21 11:55:16
Only 3 Percent of Enterprise Websites Fast, Responsive on Mobile Devices: Report Web Hosting News 2014-02-26 11:40:58
Could Website Hackers be Chasing Hosting Customers Away? Blog 2013-08-27 09:07:42
Should Web Hosts Always Remain Impartial? Blog 2014-04-24 13:27:36
A Farewell and Thank You Note from Liam Eagle Blog 2013-02-15 16:47:19