Detroit, MI

Does anyone have any experience reselling for Powersurge? If so, what is your opinion?

Hi, I have had experience reselling for this company... It was not a very positive one. One one account, they pointed a few different domains of their own to it, and we got a lot of email from the owner of those domains. Also, they changed their prices suddenly on us on one of their plans (from $10 to $15). When I told them that this could cost me customers, they told me something along the lines of: "If the customer isn't willing to pay $5 more, you probably don't want them as a customer anyway". There were some other things, too, such as (sometimes) slow account setups/support.

You may also want to check out:

** EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, sendmail on their servers did not work all the time I was there. I emailed them, and even setup a program for them to test the sendmail program, but they could not find out what the problem was. I also know someone who hosted there who was on an NT server, and had problems with ASP. From what he tells me, the techs told him there must be a problem with his coding. He had several experts look it over, and they all said it was fine... he later moved it to another host, without changing the coding, and it worked perfectly.

[This message has been edited by Brian Farkas (edited 05-08-2000).]

Ron Guest

Heh, I'm the one that Brian is talking about with the ASP probs there. He's 100% correct. That *exact* same ASP code that supposedly caused many problems at PowerSurge has been running flawlessly at another host (Intermedia) for well over a year now. My code wasn't the problem - PowerSurge's setup was. They were extremely rude about it as well. There's lots of better choices out there.

4. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!