Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnivek View Post
    if your looking for offshore hosting as a result of a desire for more relaxed associations with US laws (i.e. copyright, etc), the "citynethost" terms of service states :

"CITYNET TELECOM's services may only be according to the law. Any use of these services which violates any local or international laws which may apply to CITYNET TELECOM, your local jurisdiction, or any jurisdiction that you or your site may be subject to is strictly prohibited. "

Does anyone know off hand how Egyptian law applies in these cases? Does anyone have alternative suggestions? I love their prices but I'm not sure if Egyptian law is more conservative than US laws for that matter (not up to speed on my international law )
    Even Russia have it's laws (and obviously are under international copyright acts) forbidding copyright infrigment. The issue is really rather how each nation enforce that law. In China, they throw together a heap of pirated DVD's and Rolex duplicates into a bonfire each year, claim they are making progress in enforcing these particular laws, but in reality, once that bonfire has crumbled into glowing embers, the Chinese government goes back to it's usual, and that is most certainty not enforcing copyright.

I was told that The Netherlands is a haven for private WoW game servers which were targetted by Blizzard, so I did a quick Google search and this is what I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_copyright_law

Interesting, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan View Post
    I was told that The Netherlands is a haven for private WoW game servers which were targetted by Blizzard, so I did a quick Google search and this is what I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_copyright_law

Interesting, isn't it?
    What part is interesting, I briefly went through the Wikipedia article, but was unable to find anything that's without the ordinary of copyright laws.

Quote Originally Posted by 3bola View Post
    What part is interesting, I briefly went through the Wikipedia article, but was unable to find anything that's without the ordinary of copyright laws.
    This is the part I found interesting:

"The word "copyright" has no legal meaning in the Netherlands. Thus the phrase "op dit werk berust copyright" ("this work is covered by copyright") has no legal meaning. The correct phrase is "dit werk is auteursrechtelijk beschermd." The symbol © also has no legal meaning in the Netherlands."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan View Post
    This is the part I found interesting:

"The word "copyright" has no legal meaning in the Netherlands. Thus the phrase "op dit werk berust copyright" ("this work is covered by copyright") has no legal meaning. The correct phrase is "dit werk is auteursrechtelijk beschermd." The symbol © also has no legal meaning in the Netherlands."
    Yes, because all original creative work is automatically protected by copyright in the Netherlands.

Despite it being common to write "(C) 2010 - yoursite.com" even on American websites, I don't think you actually need to in order to be protected by US copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrychenme View Post
    我想要一个VPS =.=
    As mentioned by Zhang, you cannot run away from the restriction of currently LAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhang
    The only reason for building out the Chinese market is (ironically) money & capitalism everywhere: Whatever you do, in China is money for it, no matter how odd it is.
    I'd say this is opportunity for everyone. with the 450 million Web users and 800 million cell-phones users always giving high demand in every aspect (details here).
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

- deleting my own post since it seems to be forbidden to "self promote"
    Last edited by rds100; 02-24-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rds100 View Post
    Now if i can chime in: www.fitvps.com - OpenVZ based VPSes in Varna, Bulgaia. I will not post prices, as it is forbidden by the rules of this forum.
    It's forbidden to begin with to self promote...
    Nothing here right now.

Sorry, i deleted the contect of that post. Anyone looking for a VPS in a specific country can use the forum search function.

Quote Originally Posted by 3bola View Post
    Here's the Uzbek VPS provider I came across. dc.uznet.net/index.php?id=1 (can't post links yet) Unfortunately it appears as if the VPS page is under construction, I sent them an email, waiting for reply.

@Ransome: I have yet to come across any Indian VPS providers with a Indian data center. I imagine the issue in India is somewhat similar to Pakistan, high humidity and temperatures.

@Zhang: Yes, Chinese VPS's would be awesome. I wonder how long they are gonna keep this need for licensing up?
    There are around 10-15 good quality data center in India and many VPS hosting provider in India. Bandwidth cost was expensive few years ago. Yes data center cost is high due to temperature and humidity. Few years ago VSNL (Now Tata comm) had monopoly in International bandwidth. All sorts of data center Tier III and IV have come up in India.

Any one know any VPS provider in Sri Lanka ?
    Dedicated server India | VPS Hosting India

Managed dedicated server and VPS hosting at 8 data centers in India, USA , Australia (Sydney), Singapore, Malaysia (Cyberjaya), China (Beijing) and UAE (Dubai) .

Quote Originally Posted by impulseweb View Post
    There are around 10-15 good quality data center in India and many VPS hosting provider in India. Bandwidth cost was expensive few years ago. Yes data center cost is high due to temperature and humidity. Few years ago VSNL (Now Tata comm) had monopoly in International bandwidth. All sorts of data center Tier III and IV have come up in India.

Any one know any VPS provider in Sri Lanka ?
    They still hold a large portion of the internet within India do they not?

Came across a interesting Iranian dedicated servers offer:
    http://www.radcom.ir/services-dedicatedserver-fa.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12