Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    Gordon,

What location were you in?
    West coast I believe, but it doesn't say on the invoices. I only used it for testing purposes so just chose anything.

Two well known and respected companies; I've never used VPS.NET, but I can tell you that if you go with Gigenet that they won't shut down your service if you use what you paid for. I know, you're thinking that's a silly thing, why would someone do that? Perhaps you haven't been following the news, but the parent company of VPS.NET (UK2) shut down a large customer known as SimpleCDN for effectively using what they paid for, leaving thousands of their own customers stranded. It was a rather low thing to do, so keep that in mind when you consider anything UK2 ... can you risk losing everything if they decide you're using too much? I can't.

Reference:

http://admin.simplecdn.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Two well known and respected companies; I've never used VPS.NET, but I can tell you that if you go with Gigenet that they won't shut down your service if you use what you paid for. I know, you're thinking that's a silly thing, why would someone do that? Perhaps you haven't been following the news, but the parent company of VPS.NET (UK2) shut down a large customer known as SimpleCDN for effectively using what they paid for, leaving thousands of their own customers stranded. It was a rather low thing to do, so keep that in mind when you consider anything UK2 ... can you risk losing everything if they decide you're using too much? I can't.

Reference:

http://admin.simplecdn.com/

10char.

Whoops didn't realize vps.net was a UK2 company, I'll stop recommending them.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post

10char.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co...sting_company/ about a month ago..

SimpleCDN is not the first to have it happened too.
    GigeNET
    Dedicated Servers + Cloud Servers + Colocation + DDOS Protection + IP Transit with FCP optimized routing
    Locations in Chicago Los Angeles and Ashburn

Gigenetcloud of the two

On the other hand, Gigenet doesn't respond to DMCA requests at all We've sent them several in the last few weeks without them responding. Not to say you'll ever need to send them a DMCA request, it's just scary knowing their abuse dept is useless.

Therefore, if you HAD to pick between the two providers, I'd go with gigenet.

/theend!

I had asked a while ago sales about one of their services and the type of feedback I got was very vague and was answered by someone who seemed not to know much of his/her stuff.. IIRC staff was ukranian or russian ( talking about vps.net )

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    I had asked a while ago sales about one of their services and the type of feedback I got was very vague and was answered by someone who seemed not to know much of his/her stuff.. IIRC staff was ukranian or russian ( talking about vps.net )
    Hi Elvis1,

We do have an office in Lviv, Ukraine, however we also have multiple sales agents located in the United States, and the United Kingdom, who work closely with our clients that have especially technical needs requiring an innovative cloud vps arrangement. If you're still interested in our services, I would encourage you to open a new sales ticket and direct it to my attention so I can make sure it receives a response with the care and love that it deserves.

We do also have a fairly easy to use feedback system that is directed directly to our management team. If you receive a great response, you can easily click on the smilie face in the ticket, and it'll let our management team know to reward our staff. If you receive a response that was unsatisfactory, you can click on the unhappy face, and our management team will immediately be notified via their blackberry's that something was not handled appropriately and that it needs to be escalated.

Regardless, I do apologize that you did not receive a response up to par with what you expected from VPS.NET. We're constantly evaluating ourselves through a number of different metrics, and addressing the various deficiencies we find. It's part of the self-improvement process every business needs to go through to continue to innovate and push the industry forward, and that is always our end goal.

I tried vps.net for a bit and the features were great but the performance was pretty bad. It might have just been my VPS..

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
    I tried vps.net for a bit and the features were great but the performance was pretty bad. It might have just been my VPS..
    Do you remember which cloud you were on? We've made a lot of improvements to our SAN, and network setup over the past 90-120 days, which has resulted in much better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by IGobyTerry View Post
    Do you remember which cloud you were on? We've made a lot of improvements to our SAN, and network setup over the past 90-120 days, which has resulted in much better performance.
    It was UK-based and about 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
    It was UK-based and about 3 weeks ago.
    Could you contact me so I could find your account? I tried under qualityservers and didn't come up with anything. I would like to research the issue so I could see what caused you to have a less than satisfactory experience.

IGobyTerry : many thanks for that kind reply .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12