Where Will I Get My Domain Name!!

I want to registar 1 domain name maybee 2.

It has to be .co.uk

Where is the best way to look and I would prefer a quick registration (or does it allways take a couple fo days)

Secure Credit Card payment is a must!!!

Thanks

Try scotreg.com they offer a lot of services free of charge and they use worldpay which is quite a secure CC processors as they don't keep any of ypu credit card details on the merchant's site.

Pop along to www.123-reg.co.uk
    You'll have your co.uk domain in minutes, although the usual DNS propogation will take the usual 24-48hrs.

Thanks guys

Sorry for being thick but wahts DNS !!!

Cheers

DNS = Domain Nameserver

You will need to enter this information at your registrar so your domain can resolve (show the content of your site at your hosting server)

Just using 123-reg as an example (Only because I have all of my domains with them).
    When you purchase your co.uk domain you get free e-mail forwarding and a free "holding page" for your domain.
    However you cannot use either feature until DNS resolves and the rest of the world knows about your domain.
    So although your domain purchase is instant and it is yours about 2 minutes after you start the purchasing process it will take a little while before you can actually use it.

Example:
    Purchase wowwhatacooldomain.co.uk
    2 minutes later it is registered and is yours.
    Over the next 24-48hrs DNS servers are updated around the world and then you can start using the e-mail forwarding and holding page for your domain.
    If you decide to host a website to go with your domain you'll probably be asked to change the "nameservers" through the domain control panel.
    Once they have been changed once again it can take 24/48hrs for the rest of the world to be notified of the changes.
    Last edited by Bladerunner; 09-16-2003 at 12:28 PM.

Try http://www.hostway.co.uk
    Exceptional service...

Cheers...

Yes but their prices are extorsionate at £19/yr for .com and £9/yr for .co.uk. no matter how good their service is.

Cheers Guys decided to go with theese GuysOneandOne

£1.99 per year no registration fee total cost including vat for 2 years £4.68 which is about $7.48

Not bad !!!

Originally posted by mastahoster
    Try http://www.*******.co.uk
    Exceptional service...

Cheers...

Originally posted by SPLForums

£1.99 per year no registration fee total cost including vat for 2 years £4.68 which is about $7.48

Not bad !!!
    I'm pleased you've got your domains sorted out.
    However......there have been a couple of people on these forums that have had bad things to say about 1&1.
    Have you confirmed:

1. You have full control over the domain?
    2. Can easily change nameservers through a control panel rather than having to contact support?
    3. Checked there is no really high transfer charge should you decide to move?

I'm sure it was at least two of those points that were flagged by other 1&1 customers.
    There is a good reason 123-reg & xreg get mentioned alot here because they are both damn good and the answers to the above three questions for those two are Yes, Yes & No.

I used 123reg.co.uk for a few domain names at the time. They provide convenient interface and as far as I remember their prices were decent. BTW: No one would say they provide "Insecure Credit Card Payment".
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by SPLForums View Post

Not bad !!!
    That is a decision that I can almost guarantee you will regret.. Possibly the worst company I have ever had the mis-fortune of dealing with.

If I were you I would save yourself the hassle and transfer away from them asap.