hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Rapidswitch or Rapidfraud ?!!!!

Forum Jump

Rapidswitch or Rapidfraud ?!!!!

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 04:18 AM

Angry

Rapidswitch or Rapidfraud ?!!!!

Hi all,
Below is the answer of Thames Valley Police to my repot about rapidswitch's fraud and data theft:
------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Thames Valley Police.
After reading the information you have provided we feel that the situation is something that falls under civil law and would be best dealt with by a solicitor. We recommend that your first point of call to gain further information about how you can be helped is the Citizens Advice Bureau which is a department run by the council that offers free legal advice.
The police are able to deal with any criminal matters and if any do arise in relation to the problems you are having them please do not hesitate to contact us again. We hope the Citizens Advice Bureau can give the help you need.
Thames Valley Police
so I sent my question to www.rightsolicitor.co.uk & below is the question & answer:
-My Question:
Hello,
I had rented a server with a hosting company for more than a year , yesterday we had discussion about 2 unknown payment and I told them that I will dispute those payment by bank then suddenly they have disconnected all my services without pervious notice and deny to get back my data on my server.
as I have paid for my services till end of DEC how can sue them?
-Answer:
You have not given details of the amount of your losses, if less than £5000 you may wish to consider issuing a small claims county court summons, this can be done online at wwww.moneyclaim.gov.uk
So as I'm out of UK , any body know that is possible to put claim online and get back my data or my damage via http://wwww.moneyclaim.gov.uk ?
any body have tried before?

also we have designed a website to give knowledge to others about rapidswitch , if you had trouble with them you can give us a link:
http://www.rapidswitch-review.com/

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Marketing Guru

Let me care to explain and provide a little bit of legal advice.

<£5,000 isn't worth the eye of most solicitors - so that ends up going to small claims typically and if you lose, you won't be forced to pay the fees of RapidSwitch for going to court.

What I'd actually recommend to you is maybe something like arbitration or a more mutual agreement. It's a harsh reality but most issues like this belong in small claims and no further.

If it was OVER that, you could seek legal representation if you have the money to initially and I'm not too sure if you could on this, but you can go direct to BarDirect to reach a Barrister.

You're not really in a strong position being out of the UK and having such a very small claim. I think you just need to go your separate ways and deal with it.

It is possible you worded it wrong when you mentioned the payments to RapidSwitch - if you made it sound like "ok I'm going to dispute the payments to you then" - then of course they will.

It's business hours (just about) now in the UK, so contact them and figure it out.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
Let me care to explain and provide a little bit of legal advice.

<£5,000 isn't worth the eye of most solicitors - so that ends up going to small claims typically and if you lose, you won't be forced to pay the fees of RapidSwitch for going to court.

What I'd actually recommend to you is maybe something like arbitration or a more mutual agreement. It's a harsh reality but most issues like this belong in small claims and no further.

If it was OVER that, you could seek legal representation if you have the money to initially and I'm not too sure if you could on this, but you can go direct to BarDirect to reach a Barrister.

You're not really in a strong position being out of the UK and having such a very small claim. I think you just need to go your separate ways and deal with it.

It is possible you worded it wrong when you mentioned the payments to RapidSwitch - if you made it sound like "ok I'm going to dispute the payments to you then" - then of course they will.

It's business hours (just about) now in the UK, so contact them and figure it out.
Thanks so much.
let me explain a bit more , rapidswitch charged two amounts that they have not issued invoice or any other bill about it in my account but I didn't say that I want to dispute right payments that I have made for my server !
Also I wasn't a new cusotmer, it was for more than a year that I had server with them !
anyway thanks for your help, I'll try to contact one of my friends in UK maybe he can do such legal proccess behalf of me.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Web Hosting Master

Contact Rapidswitch first and foremost - only they can deal with the issue.
This sounds like a misunderstanding more than anything.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Securing the Dragon.

Never threaten a company with a chargeback. It's a good way to stop all communications and prevent a company from working with you.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazmanultra View Post
Contact Rapidswitch first and foremost - only they can deal with the issue.
This sounds like a misunderstanding more than anything.
I talked with them more than an hour by phone, even I applogized for nothing , but they are not friendly !

Old 11-25-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKuJoe View Post
Never threaten a company with a chargeback. It's a good way to stop all communications and prevent a company from working with you.
OK, then what did you do ?
You see two transaction that is not belong to your invoices, you talk with rapidswitch and they say we have not made them !
I said them, ok, if you didn't make them I will charge back those !

Old 11-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Web Hosting Master

If you see an unknown transaction on your credit card statement and the merchant denies knowledge about the transaction, you should first of all have the merchant contact their payments processor to refund the transaction if possible.

If no solution can be found, a chargeback should be issued via your bank. Chargebacks should be an absolute last resort. If your bank catches you filing unjustified chargebacks, they may simply block the card. So be sure you have exhausted every other possible option before going for a chargeback.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Securing the Dragon.

And backup your data before threatening your web host.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:40 AM

Have been with RapidSwitch for 2 years now. Hearing that RapidSwitch had charged for nothing and customer service not willing to co-operate sounds nonsense to me.

The case itself along with the web site you've created just looks like black pr.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

also once you mention legal proceedings to a hosting company the first thing they would do is close the account. Then a solicitor would deal with the customer and not the hosting company as such.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
If you see an unknown transaction on your credit card statement and the merchant denies knowledge about the transaction, you should first of all have the merchant contact their payments processor to refund the transaction if possible.

If no solution can be found, a chargeback should be issued via your bank. Chargebacks should be an absolute last resort. If your bank catches you filing unjustified chargebacks, they may simply block the card. So be sure you have exhausted every other possible option before going for a chargeback.
I exactly did this and just asked them to refund transactions that has not any invoice at first !

Old 11-25-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKuJoe View Post
And backup your data before threatening your web host.
I never thought rapidswitch discounect my server without any notice!
I thought rapidswitch is famouse company and unfotunatly I trusted them by wrong !

Old 11-25-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianmirjan View Post
Have been with RapidSwitch for 2 years now. Hearing that RapidSwitch had charged for nothing and customer service not willing to co-operate sounds nonsense to me.

The case itself along with the web site you've created just looks like black pr.
I was their cusotmer for 16 monthes , if I'm soangry because its unbelievable for me too!
My time is worth for myself and I don't like to waste it for them but if you were instead of me , what did you do?