Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: serveroutsource

Server Up

After 24hrs my server is finally back up again. Hope everyone else's servers are back as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Same here. No response in maybe 40 hours now. A server went down (Different reason I believe) and I got a reply 10 minutes after saying he would check it out and then 40 hours later I have heard nothing. I have a lot of clients on that server and have had to make emergency transfers of all the sites.

I have seen slow responses before from SOS... but never this bad.
    -- Matthew
      0 Not allowed!

I can no longer access their website. Can anyone else?
      0 Not allowed!

I am also unable to connect to their website.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Op3rator
    I can no longer access their website. Can anyone else?
    Nope; and although I could access my server earlier, I can't any longer, so I'm down again. (*sigh*)

Am I alone in this, or did their network disconnect again?
      0 Not allowed!

Exclamation RIP serveroutsource.net

David,

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please. Come out of hiding and tell us what in the *bleep* is going on.

Server down for 24+ hours’.
    No response to trouble ticket’s. (Now the trouble ticket system is down to).

Well folk’s I would say serveroutsource.net is officially out of business………………………
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by tandem
    Has anyone any proof that he's got any employees? Not just different names and titles in the SO forum or its emails, but real employees (not counting the DC personnel)!
    Tandem,
    I am not David on another screen name here on webhosting talk. I would love to prove it to you. I am just as clueless as everyone else. The servers came backup some time in the night, and die just about 2 hours ago. But not all the networks are down, so I have no clue what is going on.

I'm sorta worried because it makes no sence that some one wouldn't answer an outage like this.

Anyways if you would like me to prove that I'm not David just ask the mods to post the current IP I used to post this message. I give them promession to, which that IP is used from the state of Wisconsin. That should be proof alone.
      0 Not allowed!

* Server Outsource - Dead?

Personally I'm just as shocked/worried here as everyone else. The service the company provided was getting better.... Now over 24 hours of downtime!? I noticed today the website is offline as well as I was unable to access it to submit additional information in a ticket that stil hasn't been answered! I'd like to tell everyone now as a personal friend of Loren's I can assure you this is NOT his fault and he has no control over the situation... He doesn't even have the ability to view/update your tickets due to restrictions the boss put on, otherwise he would of. MIANET 2 still appears to be up... My server is on 4 and still down... I'd suggest to everyone who can still access their server to pull their data Immediately while they still can if they end up folding the entire company... I don't understand aside form an accident or something else bad why the boss would choose to ignor a problem like this. For everyones information I called Cogent (the bandwidth provider for mianet 4) they have been trying to contact his as well as their service up until his router is 100% functional.... in other words: it's not Cogents fault... the service is turned off in the datacenter.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SO-Loren
    The servers came backup some time in the night, and die just about 2 hours ago. But not all the networks are down, so I have no clue what is going on.

I'm sorta worried because it makes no sence that some one wouldn't answer an outage like this.
    Is there _anything_ else you can tell us about the situation? Have you better contact information for David than we do?
      0 Not allowed!

anyone have contact information for David other than what I have listed below.

David Keefer
    Awebhosting, Inc.
    d/b/a ServerOutsource.NET
    www.awebhosting.net
    www.serveroutsource.net
    Miami, FL Voice: 786-866-5845 CyberGenie phone system (866-424-4678) toll free number that points to the same phone System.
    Dallas, TX Voice: 214-764-1718 the number you have reached is not in service.

36 NE 2nd Street Suite 100 / 305.01
    Miami fl 33132
    Phone: 561-252-4678 (Verizon cell phone no longer in service)
    Fax: 561-828-2205 (I have sent a couple fax’s with no response)

Online Help Desk: http://www.serveroutsource.net/helpdesk (down)

Online Forums: http://forum.serveroutsource.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl (down)

What about the Datacenter/ CogNet Has anyone contacted them? Are the server’s still there? Did he pay his Bill? Do they have an emergency contact phone number for him?
      0 Not allowed!

lofcom,

Only thing I can update you with at this time, is I am having the DataCenter trying to contact him, and provide me with an emergancy contact number if there is any one file there.

I shall update when I gain more information.
      0 Not allowed!

My server is back, at least for now. I am pulling backups as rapidly as my little aDSL line can handle 'em, and I'd advise everyone else do the same.

Still can't get to the trouble ticket system, though.
      0 Not allowed!

I shall update when I gain more information.
    I appreciate it; understand, please, that even if we sound a little...er...frustrated, we are NOT directing anything against you personally, and sincerely appreciate the help you give us.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah my server is back online as well. Let's see how long this will last.
      0 Not allowed!

I would suggest if you can get to your server to back up all important data off of it. If that is at all posible for you to do.
      0 Not allowed!

Server is back up I am backing up as fast as i can pedle
      0 Not allowed!

SO-Loren
    I owe you my eternal gratitude thank you so much for all your help over the past 48 hour’s. David Give this person a rais he deserves it after this.
      0 Not allowed!

To all....

I would suggest if you can get to your server to back up all important data off of it. If that is at all posible for you to do.
    He has just given you a very low key, but highly important, warning. I would strongly advise heeding it.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: To all....

Originally posted by Incognito
    He has just given you a very low key, but highly important, warning. I would strongly advise heeding it.
    Yeah...but then, this begs the question...do you know more about this than the rest of us, or are you assuming (as I do) that Loren knows more about this than we do?

(Boy, that was an ugly way to ask, wasn't it?)
      0 Not allowed!

i live really close to Serveroutsrc... If someone can get me his address or his real phone number I can stop by and see if he's still alive... his sisters about 5-10min away also from me... so if anyone knows info..
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: To all....

Originally posted by lofcom
    Yeah...but then, this begs the question...do you know more about this than the rest of us, or are you assuming (as I do) that Loren knows more about this than we do?
    Just based on the way that this statement was phrased - I would follow incognito's advice and backup all of your stuff ASAP.

-David
    Ion Web Services/TronicTech
    http://www.ion-web.com or Unsupported webhosting?!?
    Shared hosting, Reseller accounts, Dedicated Servers, and More
    Proudly hosting since 2002
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: To all....

Originally posted by lofcom

(Boy, that was an ugly way to ask, wasn't it?)

I was simply saying it because thats what I would have done if I had important data on a server and it was unstable at the time. I have told what I know.
      0 Not allowed!

my server is on the cogent network & i cannot access my server, so whoever's is up. more power to ya, but i cannot access mine or back my files up.

thanks for the help though loren & any other info you might have is appreciated.

thanks
      0 Not allowed!

The fact that the network mysteriously came back on line with out any communication from David Keefer. Other than one of his employes, telling you to backup your data is a good indication of what is going to happen.

I would strongly advise that anyone that has a server with him backup there data ASAP.

If you don’t know how login to your server via SSH, su to root, and “tar -cvzf backup.tgz home” and download your backup!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Antipas
    If you don’t know how login to your server via SSH, su to root, and “tar -cvzf backup.tgz home” and download your backup!
    Don't forget the various configuration files (/etc/mail, and pardon the pun, etc.), which will save you a boatload of time should you end up on another server. Also, grab the /var/spool/mail directory, just in case your users don't get their mail before the crash.

'Course, anyone rooting a box should already have backups of the config files, which change less frequently than the web content. (I had a website that hadn't been backed up in over a month...my bad.)
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast