Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do I Moved Out When My Web Host Challenge you to Do So?

Hi,

One of my site was suspended and after reviewing my WHM I found the indication of storage exceeded allocated space. I then submitted a ticket indicating the site and also about the space issue as the cause, and requesting the account to be re-activated so that my client can work on the site.

The webhost replied simply questioning me about "where did we mention that the suspension was due to space. The account was suspended because it excessive activities in mysql.

That was their answer.....fell short of responding to my request for re-activation of the account.

I was disappointed with their reply and responded subsequently that their response was nothing but confrontational on my giving the wrong reason for their suspension instead of just telling me the correct reason and responding to my re-activation request.

They came back again and this time issue an ultimatum challenge to me ...saying "if you dont like our answers, feel free to migrate elsewhere" and followed by saying that I was being the confrontational party.

So, when your web host issued such a challenge, what would one do? move out or stay and continue to let them abuse and step all over you?

Any sound advice and guidance are most welcome.

This particular webhost is also a member here but was totally a different approach the first time wanting your business. Now like some others, he's using its advantage as the web host with the main control button to bully its customers knowing well that customers are at his mercy. His reply of saying I was the confrontational one is suggesting that I as the customer must not question him or be critical as he just unable to take all feedback positively and constructively because he may be so self-sensitive instead of dealing with his customers with professional approach.

I am sure not all webhosts are so arrogant as to take advantage of their customers by holding them hostage or telling them to leave if they dont like it.

How I wish it didn't turn out to be this way but it did. Should I start to look for a suitable alternative and any recommendation of a suitable webhost that treat their resllers as working partners, would be most helpful.

Best Wishes!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IMGold View Post
    Hi,

One of my site was suspended and after reviewing my WHM I found the indication of storage exceeded allocated space. I then submitted a ticket indicating the site and also about the space issue as the cause, and requesting the account to be re-activated so that my client can work on the site.

The webhost replied simply questioning me about "where did we mention that the suspension was due to space. The account was suspended because it excessive activities in mysql.

That was their answer.....fell short of responding to my request for re-activation of the account.

I was disappointed with their reply and responded subsequently that their response was nothing but confrontational on my giving the wrong reason for their suspension instead of just telling me the correct reason and responding to my re-activation request.

They came back again and this time issue an ultimatum challenge to me ...saying "if you dont like our answers, feel free to migrate elsewhere" and followed by saying that I was being the confrontational party.

So, when your web host issued such a challenge, what would one do? move out or stay and continue to let them abuse and step all over you?

Any sound advice and guidance are most welcome.

This particular webhost is also a member here but was totally a different approach the first time wanting your business. Now like some others, he's using its advantage as the web host with the main control button to bully its customers knowing well that customers are at his mercy. His reply of saying I was the confrontational one is suggesting that I as the customer must not question him or be critical as he just unable to take all feedback positively and constructively because he may be so self-sensitive instead of dealing with his customers with professional approach.

I am sure not all webhosts are so arrogant as to take advantage of their customers by holding them hostage or telling them to leave if they dont like it.

How I wish it didn't turn out to be this way but it did. Should I start to look for a suitable alternative and any recommendation of a suitable webhost that treat their resllers as working partners, would be most helpful.

Best Wishes!
    Generate a full backup and take your business elsewhere.

-Tyler Morrison
      0 Not allowed!

I would definitely take your business elsewhere, first of all as a paying customer you do not deserve to be talked to like that. It is unprofessional and a bad approach to business on their behalf. They clearly have too many customers if their response is "if you dont like our answers, feel free to migrate elsewhere".

As morrisonhosting said I would definitely take my business elsewhere.
      0 Not allowed!

They are not a business , Perhaps run by only one man and he needs some anger management class.

Move your ass out and when you are safely out of there, all passwords changed then let us know what company !
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,
    While I do agree that your hosts answer was unprofessional, I can understand the reason for the suspension. It appears that the site that was suspended was causing a load issue on the server by opening a large number of MySQL connections. It could mean that the site owner needs to optimize their website. A host can, and should, suspend any website that is causing performance issues for others on the server. I used to suspend sites for 60 minutes and then unsuspend them if they became a problem (after alerting the reseller)

This however does not excuse the answer they provided, it was harsh and very unprofessional. I would consider moving based on the answer alone. You still however should address the reason for the suspension as even a future host may suspend the site for the same reason.
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat
      0 Not allowed!

This however does not excuse the answer they provided, it was harsh and very unprofessional. I would consider moving based on the answer alone.
    Agreed.

I spent a lot of years working in retail and you are taught and soon learn that you do not be confrontational or rude towards customers. These same underlying rules should apply to any situation where there is a business and a customer. When working in retail if I were to speak to a customer in that tone I would expect to be disciplined for it. It is unacceptable.

Good luck!
      0 Not allowed!

They guy in that hosting company is ignorant and rude and not professional. A hosting company with that attitude can't grow but yes they have the right to suspend
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tibaz View Post
    They guy in that hosting company is ignorant and rude and not professional. A hosting company with that attitude can't grow but yes they have the right to suspend
    Is it the first time you got suspended or its a usual thing ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by leon234 View Post
    Agreed.

I spent a lot of years working in retail and you are taught and soon learn that you do not be confrontational or rude towards customers. These same underlying rules should apply to any situation where there is a business and a customer. When working in retail if I were to speak to a customer in that tone I would expect to be disciplined for it. It is unacceptable.

Good luck!
    The customers are always treated as if they're right even when they are usually wrong. Like I said, OP just move. Backups are easy to make. Ask the host for a backup.

-Tyler Morrison
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by public_html View Post
    Is it the first time you got suspended or its a usual thing ?
    Who? I am not the OP
      0 Not allowed!

Challenge Accepted!

Take your Business to where it is appreciated.
      0 Not allowed!

Can you please provide the entire transcript, including what you sent to them, and their entire response?

Everybody here is passing judgement without seeing the whole conversation. We have no way of knowing whether you were a complete a**hat or if you were completely professional and courteous.

Don't get me wrong, I am not drawing any conclusions or placing any blame - it would be foolish to do so without knowing the full story and seeing the full transcript.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Can you please provide the entire transcript, including what you sent to them, and their entire response?

Everybody here is passing judgement without seeing the whole conversation. We have no way of knowing whether you were a complete a**hat or if you were completely professional and courteous.

Don't get me wrong, I am not drawing any conclusions or placing any blame - it would be foolish to do so without knowing the full story and seeing the full transcript.
    While that is true that he could be a terrible customer, our advice is still sound. Leave.

-Tyler Morrison
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post

In my opinion even if the OP was unprofessional as a customer he should be treated well regardless. This is my opinion and something which as I stated I was taught in retail. Always treat the customer as if they are right. If the plan is not working out for them suggest alternatives for them and do so in a polite way. Just because a customer can be rude does not give the support agent any right to be rude back. It is unprofessional regardless. But yes, definitely move.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by morrisonhosting View Post

-Tyler Morrison
    I would definitely take your business elsewhere, first of all as a paying customer you do not deserve to be talked to like that. It is unprofessional and a bad approach to business on their behalf. They clearly have too many customers if their response is "if you dont like our answers, feel free to migrate elsewhere".

As morrisonhosting said I would definitely take my business elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebTonight View Post
    Challenge Accepted!

Take your Business to where it is appreciated.
    In my opinion even if the OP was unprofessional as a customer he should be treated well regardless. This is my opinion and something which as I stated I was taught in retail. Always treat the customer as if they are right. If the plan is not working out for them suggest alternatives for them and do so in a polite way. Just because a customer can be rude does not give the support agent any right to be rude back. It is unprofessional regardless. But yes, definitely move.

There you go. Majority rules, leave that host in the dust.

-Tyler Morrison
      0 Not allowed!

Host stated "if you dont like our answers, feel free to migrate elsewhere".
      0 Not allowed!

Hi guys, my wholehearted gratitude for all your kind concerns and comments.

The whole thing started from billing when I had to cancel my credit card lodged with paypal due to a illegal or unauthorized charge which was later proven to be truly unauthorized. A new card was issued and I promptly updated my paypal account. However, what puzzles me was that the ccard issue should not affect any existing subscription through paypal and I just felt that paypal should not have rejected those monthly subscription billings/payment simply because it was not directly by ccard but by paypal.
    Webhost suspended my account and waited. I found out only a couple of days later and I promptly manually effected payment through paypal. Then webhost came back and notified me that since Paypal cancelled the subscription, I should contact paypal to fix it.
    That was when I responded to webhost that as a seller/webhost and one who will be paid, should offer a better solution than just asking me to turn to paypal. I told them their suggestion was not helpful and they seem care less about working with the customer on re-activating the subscription payment. Also stressed that paypal is just a payment agent and the continued monthly subscription and payment should be resolved by webhost and myself.
    Then they replied that it can only be done when the next invoice is available. That was the first encounter.

Then came this suspension of the site which I am not questioning or not the issue at all....it's their blunt response to question me "where did you find we mention that the suspension was because of space. it was about excessive mysql actions of sorts" and not answering my request to re-activate the account. Webhost chose to answer by questioning my given reason as excessive space usage which I did mention but I did not say it was mentioned by any of them. By responding to question me and not answering my reactivation request...was really a bad move. I was not even demanding an apology.
    I responded by saying ...."what's your problem? and why are your reply so confrontational and not answering instead to my specific request for reactivating the account. Your answer indicated you do not valued my business and really lack of professional courtesy. I have to ask you again and this time I expect your specific answer to my reactivation request.

Now they could have taken this opportunity to just answer what I asked...but no, they responded first by saying .... "if you dont like our answers, you can migrate elsewhere...... and the rest ....

Now earlier today, their so-called boss responded by saying he saw noting wrong with his support staff'a answer and telling me to stop pursuing the matter. This clearly demonstrate what kind of people I am dealing with. No guts to simply admit it was wrong of his staff's reply or just plain foolishness to condone it. Whatever it is, I believe it's time to take my business elsewhere.

This is one webhost who will use his privilege position to take full advantage of any given situation and arrogantly or stubbornly refused to budge.... more of a foolish pride is more important for them than to win and keep customers.

Sites suspended for consuming excessive server resources caused by certain plugins and scripts are acceptable and normal. I merely request for the reactivating of the account for maintenance of the site and I might have stated the wrong reason for their suspension. Why they chose to confront me on that alone .....beats me....and like one of you guys said, too good business and this guy must be under a lot of pressure lately and looking for an outlet to vent his anger....sorry for me wrong time and wrong place. LOL.

FYI, I did have the whole support ticket saved and as a full page screenshot just in case of s open dispute.

Once again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your kind gestures, concerns and suggestions. And yes, i am and will be migrating.

Best wishes to all and regards
      0 Not allowed!

To be devil's advocate here...

A customer can be pushy, and make demands. The business responds that you can either obey policies, or leave. I've seen businesses (including hosts) respond like that before. Both offline and online. In fact, I've had to respond to clients that way myself. It has nothing to do with anger. That's why it's important to see the full conversation, as Mike requested several posts back.

The host was correct on at least one item -- Paypal issues must be taken up with Paypal. Paypal won't talk to the host about your account.

If you stated the wrong reason for suspension in a ticket, then you probably made a confusing situation worse. Generally speaking, sometimes attitude is met by attitude, so again -- it would be nice to see the full transcript.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds like its time to move on. I would be interested to hear how you got such a response.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    To be devil's advocate here...

A customer can be pushy, and make demands. The business responds that you can either obey policies, or leave. I've seen businesses (including hosts) respond like that before. Both offline and online. In fact, I've had to respond to clients that way myself. It has nothing to do with anger. That's why it's important to see the full conversation, as Mike requested several posts back.

The host was correct on at least one item -- Paypal issues must be taken up with Paypal. Paypal won't talk to the host about your account.

If you stated the wrong reason for suspension in a ticket, then you probably made a confusing situation worse. Generally speaking, sometimes attitude is met by attitude, so again -- it would be nice to see the full transcript.

Just to advocate your advocate, paypal subscriptions are usually connected to a single payment method (unless a backup is provided).

-Tyler Morrison
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by morrisonhosting View Post

-Tyler Morrison
    As a customer, where you spend your money is your most powerful move. Take it elsewhere if you don't like where you are..no reason not too.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tibaz View Post
    They are not a business , Perhaps run by only one man and he needs some anger management class.

If someone is a one man business, this is even more reason to be very polite to customers, no matter what the situation is.

Leon, you have no idea how the service industry has shifted towards employees trying to bully customers. Arguments in stores, phone reps hanging up, etc. There are some people that might be great at what they do, but people skills are atrocious. If they have one bad bowl of cereal that morning they have to take that anger out on everyone that crosses their path. These people should have some form of common sense to not work in the service industry.

End result. Take your backs-ups and run. A host should work with a customer and build a long term relationship by offering options or upgrades, not get outta here I don't like you files.
    ██ WPCYCLE MANAGED WORDPRESS WEB HOSTING ██
    Managed WordPress VPS & Managed WordPress Dedicated VPS Servers
    Optimized • NVMe • SSD • KVM • NGINX • WordPress Brute Force Protection • Daily Offsite Backups
    Email: sales@wpcycle.comFacebook: wpcycle • Twitter: wpcycle
      0 Not allowed!

What you say is true @48-14, it doesn't make it acceptable. I think if people cannot be polite to their customers whether it is service related or retail related then they should not be doing their job and whoever hired them should review their staff's behavior. I know if I hired a support rep who responded to tickets in that manner than I would definitely do something about it. It affects the customers perception on that company and as seen in this topic the customer then provides a negative review and the company is seen in a bad light. Companies should actively monitor and review their customer facing staff. Just my opinion.
      0 Not allowed!

What you say is true @48-14, it doesn't make it acceptable. I think if people cannot be polite to their customers whether it is service related or retail related then they should not be doing their job and whoever hired them should review their staff's behavior. I know if I hired a support rep who responded to tickets in that manner than I would definitely do something about it. It affects the customers perception on that company and as seen in this topic the customer then provides a negative review and the company is seen in a bad light. Companies should actively monitor and review their customer facing staff. Just my opinion.
    Thank You and Just as said. I've had service industry jobs where clearly the customer was an idiot and wanted to argue. There is a difference between standing ground with the rules of the company or arguing for the sake of arguing. I chose not to argue because it would make me look bad, make the company look bad...and how would I pay my living expenses after getting fired over a customer with some issue that was most likely worth $5. Not worth it.

But of course as I like to sit on both sides of a fence on topics, I have seen companies where the owner was the bully...which leads to situations like this thread.
      0 Not allowed!

The host is here apparently.....is he going to give us the full story on this?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast