Game server colocation suggestions

Well, i have come to these forums because im starting a game server company and i am looking for some good colocation companies that have enough bandwith to be able to be gobbled, if they dont have sufficient bandwith thats not good cuz i mean what can you do with a 1k piece of equipment and only get like 50gb transfer.... not much, im looking for all over the USA and CA.

A plus would be a dedicated line like 3.1mbps or something higher

These are all 1u machines and 2u

thanks for your time

-Luke

I'm moving my servers to Simpli.biz in San Jose, CA. The pings on their network (MFN/Abovenet) are great. Their prices are at http://www.simpli.biz/colocation.php.

do you have any ips from their company to ping or?

Here's two to try

You can also download a 20MB file from their network here:
    www.simpli.biz/download.dat

I was looking for the same thing and there is someone on here that posted $45/Mbps and $30/u , I e-mailed him and he is still offering it till the end of the month. He sent me a IP to trace that went back to MFN/AboveNet is San Jose or a DataCenter in San Francisco.... If your looking for Co-location I dont think you can beat that!
    Last edited by Scottl; 07-24-2003 at 01:32 AM.

Scottl - What company is offering that?

Yes, the services simpli.biz provides are simply fantastic. I could not recommend something better. Erica is on all the time to help you with anything. As for the ping times... well, I've done numerous ping tests from about every datacenter in California, and I must say, the pings that come out of simpli.biz are basically the best I've ever seen. 100% uptime is nice too

Scottl, I would like to know the IP too. Thanx

Here is the e-mail: sales@ultd-host.com
    ip to ping: 69.1.64.115

Here is what he said in the post:

"We are offering Colo Prices at extremely cheap for a
    limited time. Price is offered till 20th of July and any clients who get the special offer during the limited time will get a price freeze guarantee.

Bandwidth: $45 Per Mbps.
    Rackspace: $30/U, For 1/4th rack, 1/2 Rack please contact us.

No Commitment Needed, 1Mbps Commitment or 50. This pricing is limited time offer ONLY and I cannot guarantee its avalibility. Please contact sales@ultd-host.com ASAP if you wish to Colo with us."

I e-mailed him and he told me till the end of July, i am sure he would be willing to work with your needs as he has for me . I have not done much checking on him other than It looks like he is starting up and has alot of bandwidth on his hands. Any reviews of there service would be great(if you are one of his customers, a reply would be great on his servivce!).

Simpli.biz does seem like a great choice but I think for gameservers just get yourself a nice 1u rig(dual) and get 1Mbps of band, Instead of going with Actual Bandwidth...
    Last edited by Scottl; 07-24-2003 at 01:36 AM.

Originally posted by Scottl
    I was looking for the same thing and there is someone on here that posted $45/Mbps and $30/u , I e-mailed him and he is still offering it till the end of the month. He sent me a IP to trace that went back to MFN/AboveNet is San Jose or a DataCenter in San Francisco.... If your looking for Co-location I dont think you can beat that!
    I would just like to point out that this is not true MFN bandwidth. At 100Mbps commit, MFN bandwidth is priced at $50/Mbit. The bandwidth that this provider uses is WWORKS and they are located at the Exchange Colo in San Francisco, not at the MFN/Abovenet datacenter in San Jose.

I appreciate all the good remarks Simpli has received in this thread. Thanks, guys... it makes me feel great to see such positive remarks from our customers.

-Erica
    Erica Douglass, Founder, Simpli Hosting, Inc.
    »»» I founded Simpli Hosting, and sold it in 2007 to Silicon Valley Web Hosting after over 6 years in the business.
    Now I'm blogging at erica.biz!

Thanks for the clarification. I do think you guys have excellent service but for the price and needs of a gameserver you just cant beat that price! I got great pings from there and e-mails came back rather fast ... So just have to see