Hybrid View

Another tired guy Guest

Angry

Hi,

I am also tired of the lack of support and brains from most hosting companies. I would like to lease a dedicated server for the purposes of reselling and hosting my few websites, or colocating if i could get the same support from them for my server.

I would like a full package like alabanza, are there any others like them? I would like technical support to be part of the package or fairly cheap extra, and extra Gigs under $10 each, I think some of verio's companies sells extra Gigs for $3.

I am looking for a nice control panel so everything i need to do is web based, and not telnet. I want atleast 100 - 200 IP numbers and the ability to host many more, and my own name servers. Also the abilty to have sub domains on IP's as well.

The server must be atleast 450 Mhz, SCSI hard drive(s) and 512 Ram.

Please let me know of all the hosting companies that offer these things, and it would be nice if all they did was host dedicated/colocated servers, and don't offer hosting to the general public on their own servers.

I don't care about price, actually i do, i don't expect it to be cheap, i know you get what you pay for and i don't want garbage, the only thing i'm trying to get kinda cheap is the extra bandwidth, i'll hire my own tech if neccessary, but would rather have the technician at the NOC.

Thanks for any information you can give me regarding this.

Duster Guest

Check out Dialtone Internet (dialtoneinternet.com) I've done a lot of research on them. they happen to be fairly close to me, which has helped me learn more about them. I know the facilities they are located in, and they are first class.

All they do is dedicated (and co-located) servers on Linux. They sold off their shared server business a few months ago, and their NT hosting a couple of months ago. Their hardware is better than many others I've seen, especially for the price.

They have a control panel, unmetered IP addresses, and you can have sub-domains. 50 gbs of bandwidth is included in server leases, and addtional gbs are $3 each, charged after you incur them, not billed in advance based on estimates, or in blocks, where you pay for more than you need.

I got a good feeling in talking to them (the only good one I've ever gotten with a host) and I believe IU've found the last host I'll need. Their web site is informative, well laid out, and mentions that if you need to, you can call all the way up to the president of the company. I doubt that would ever be necessary.

Somebody else here has had two servers with them for a year now and been happy with their service. That's not why I'll be using them, but it helps to know. Be tired no longer.

Matty Guest

DN (DigitalNation) - Great server setup, professional support (although you do have to pay for it), 50gb (extra 50gb - $150, hence $3 gig). NT and Unix

Communitech - Good packages, not sure how much extra bandwidth costs.

ServerVault - Good servers, unmetered bandwidth (as far as I can see), advertised in Web Hosting Magazine.

DialtoneInternet - See above post

Maxim.net - Colocation, good prices on bandwidth.

If you can't find one with a control panel you should try to build one yourself in Perl (worth learning) or ASP on NT (also worth learning).

Guest Guest

There's a freeware control panel out there called WebMin: http://www.webmin.com/webmin/