Angry How Do I Cancel Network Solutions "Services"?

I have a client who has his domain registered at Network Solutions. Along with his domain, he has the "10 page website" service and a couple of email addresses that he is paying monthly for. He asked me to go in and configure his domain for him to point to our servers and cancel his current site with NetSol.

The problem is: There appears to be no way to cancel these services from NetSol's control panel. There are plenty of links to add more services, but none to cancel.

I looked up cancellations in their help section(which isn't even searchable btw) and all it says is to "go to the cancellation section" in account manager. I've clicked on everything in account manager and still have not found a "cancellation section".

Can someone point me in the right direction?

BTW: Even worse, it looks like NetSol hits all their clients with a "cancellation fee" for their services! Unbelievable

You can send them a registered letter, or have the client send them the registered letter.

You (or your client - should be the client, actually, since they don't have anything on record about you being their designated rep) can call them and tell them to cancel the services, and state that the call will be followed up with a registered letter. Record the date and time of the phone call. Follow it up with an email AND the registered letter.

Then, just have your client watch their credit card statement and issue any chargebacks as necessary. They'll have the record of the sent letter on file, to display proof to the credit card company that they did request cancellation.

The hardcore method would be to just have your client cancel out that credit card and get a new number. Not always the easiest thing to do - especially since they'd have to then go and give the new number to all those companies with whom they do want to continue doing business!

These do assume, of course, that NetSol doesn't give them the directions to cancel the services over the phone.
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost

try emailing their support asking
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Sorry - didn't post this before:

I can't give you any NetSol-specific assistance because it's been years since I was a client of them for anything. At least, not directly. The only business connection I currently have with NetSol / Verisign is the fact that I own a few .com and .net domains. They're registered through other registrars, though - NOT NetSol.

Best of luck; and if you're able to (if your client does not protest, that is) come back and tell us all how you got free of them!
    Lesli Schauf, TLM Network
    Linux and Windows Hosting: Scribehost

In the domain control panel, you need to change the DNS to nameservers other than Netsol's.

To do that you will go through several very misleadingly worded confirmation screens - along the lines of "What are you, nuts?!?! You really want to destroy this website by pointing its nameservers to another entity?!?!"

...and then "Are you really sure??? Changing the nameservers to some other host will cause the end of all life as we know it???"

..."OK, if your are really sure you want to do something that stupid, click on this littlt-bitty link"

... "now click something else to re-re-confirm or else we will change 'em back"

...then "BTW, do you want to switch back the Netsol nameservers?"

As far as stopping them from billing for the extra services? Maybe some sort of virgin sacrifice?

I think they have 24 x 7 phone support. You might be able to call them
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by sightz
    As far as stopping them from billing for the extra services? Maybe some sort of virgin sacrifice?
    hehe Yeah, the billing part is what I'm most concerned with. Changing the nameservers was no problem.

I just can't seem to find this mysterious "cancellation section" they refer to in their help file. As far as I can tell, it's mostly fiction like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster...

Surely someone has successfully cancelled a service there???