Thread: Sony Vaio

Sony Vaio

Hey i just bought myself an entry level Sony Vaio, with a Intel Core Due 2 "inside"! Is there anyone else using a Vaio, and if so is there anything i should know?

My step farther has a Sony Vaio, I personally like it more than the other laptops other than a Apple Mac. His has the Finger Print software built in so that then when before logging you need to have his finger print to log in its really good and secured.

I have an older Vaio that I got from a guy I used to work with for about $200, not a bad deal at all. It's a real business machine. Sexy too!
    Palmetto Innovations
    Pushing for a better SC web presence
    Serving all South Carolina Businesses
    PalmettoShift.com | Follow Us

Vaio is one of the best looking laptops in the market. Congratulations!

Well you should have gone with one of the new Intel Core 2010 series instead of C2D. Even a basic Core i3 beats the best C2D in my test.

Agreed. Beauty and functionality.
    Palmetto Innovations
    Pushing for a better SC web presence
    Serving all South Carolina Businesses
    PalmettoShift.com | Follow Us

My brother and mom has one too but my brother is having problems with the battery of his laptop.
    Cheers,
    goldi_locks20

I've had one for nearly 4 years this December. Not had to replace anything internally (only battery, but that is to be expected so rule this out), only the charger had to be replaced after 2 years (which is awesome if you ask me!).
    -Stephen. javaKrypt.com

Sony Vaio Good Choice. Enjoy!!

i love this laptop,its soo amazing,wish i had one

Quote Originally Posted by edenwebworks View Post
    Hey i just bought myself an entry level Sony Vaio, with a Intel Core Due 2 "inside"! Is there anyone else using a Vaio, and if so is there anything i should know?
    I bought my brother a Vaio laptop a couple of years ago - great laptop. The battery life is a bit short (common issue on vaio's - they seem to use smaller than average batteries in many of their laptops) and his left mouse button on the touchpad has stopped working (another friend had the same issue). Overall, they look a bit nicer and I wouldn't say they are anymore prone to fail than other makes or models.

You may however want to consider removing some of the pre-installed software - while some of it is useful, most of it isn't on the models I've seen. There are several forums and guides online that offer to help out with information on what you can remove on each specific model (good place to start: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/)

Enjoy your new purchase
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Make sure your model doesn't have a recall on the battery and they have the most beautiful screens for any PC.

Sony Vaio VGN-FW93XS user here.
    Beautiful machine, the only annoyance is GPU is getting hot pretty quickly in summers. I have to keep the room cool all the time.
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st

Sony vaio is only the second best to Apple Mac. My first preference had always been a mac.

Quote Originally Posted by VIPoint View Post
    Sony vaio is only the second best to Apple Mac. My first preference had always been a mac.
    Well besides the unfamiliar and less supported OS the Mac do look gorgeous.

How does the Mac compare to VAIOs in terms of in-body cooling? VAIOs are known to not product much heat especially compared to brands like HP/Compaq, Dell, Acer, etc.

My brother has a Vaio and it's quite sexy. I actually wish I had one myself since they seem to be better than my HP junk I bought from Circuit City.
    Nothing here right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Well besides the unfamiliar and less supported OS the Mac do look gorgeous.

How does the Mac compare to VAIOs in terms of in-body cooling? VAIOs are known to not product much heat especially compared to brands like HP/Compaq, Dell, Acer, etc.
    My last generation 13 inch MacBook Pro runs much cooler than my mom's thinkpad, but it still gets hot. It's showing 145°F inside it right now but the bottom of my MBP is about the same temp as the top of my LCD monitor that has been on 4 hours.