Starting a free host

Hi everyone, i am considering to start a free host service. I will also host my commercial sites at this account/server.

The plan is as such: I am considering a shared hosting account where i will host my commercial sites. Since there will be plenty of space left, im thinking of giving free hosting for the rest of the unused space. I will give subdmoains for this free service.

What are the risks?

Which host should i go for?
    I have looked at websolvents.com/hostgator.com.
    Any other recommendations?

If you're looking to start a hosting business, whether it be free or paid, you'll never get anywhere running it from a shared hosting account
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

1. you need at least a reseller account
    2. most resellers won't allow free hosting
    3. go to http://freewht.com
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

those space and bandwidth are not as much as you think, as long as it has CPU/RAM limit on a shared account;
    plus if you give free accounts to others, you might want to varify their information somehow; I know some would use just your account to do some spam, or host illegal stuff..
    eventually you open yourself to risk of being suspended by your host..think twice before it. I would suggest give free host to people you already know.

Are you going to start free hosting for business?

Bad idea. As soon as some one shows up with ripped eBooks, MP3s, DivX, etc... Your host will terminate your account and remove all files. You need a VPS or dedicated server, and you need special software to check for illegal files and behavior, etc... Everything has to be automated.

That won't be a good way to start a business. As some one suggested above, you cannot do any sort of reselling with out a reseller account as most hosts will not allow that.

Are you planning to do this as a free service or will yuo be making some revenue from this? What you have in mind is to go for a massive reseller offering 250 GB and give free hosting to 100 accounts with 2 GB?
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

11.) Shared (non-reseller accounts) / Semidedicated Servers
    Shared accounts may not resell web hosting to other people, if you wish to resell hosting you must use a reseller account.
    http://www.hostgator.com/tos.shtml

"Free hosting" will very likely be seen as reselling hosting.