Thumbs down Sony voids warranty on PS3's if you don't use Sony component cables?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=789061

Not using Official Sony Components? Your warranty is voided!
    Just got off the phone with Sony Support. Because I have a generic brand of component cables, instead of officially licensed Sony components, Sony has voided the warranty on my PS3 and will only replace it for $150 dollars!

Their product fails, yet they wiggle out of responsibility. Yeah Im sure that component cables can kill a system. and even if that were the case. What does that say about the system if it can be killed so easily.

So now my system boots up and sits there with a blank screen.

Thank god I kept the receipt. Target allows for exchanges for 90 days or full refund.

My hats off to Target for sticking with their policy. My middle finger to Sony for shirking theirs.

Figured a warning to all of you. If you have issues. LIE! Tell them everything is licensed Sony accessories.

Sony is BS when it comes to warrenty. The PSP was the most screwed up thing i bought before. They won't replace dead pixels because they think its our fault.

next they'll insist you use a sony TV for your PS3 otherwise 'evil' feedback can come down the line ad damage the PS3

What do you mean that you do not have a Sony HD tv hooked up to your PS3. What are you thinking.

Ya pretty stupid policy on there part. Which is why I will not buy one.

Nobody mentioned the speakers?

I mean if you don't use Sony's home theatre system, the sound waves generated by those foreign speakers can damage your PS3
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Unless it is written on the outside of the box that you can only use Sony cables, you can sue them for fraud. Not providing the warranty you bought.
    1. Mmmmm food...

Quote Originally Posted by Shannara
    Unless it is written on the outside of the box that you can only use Sony cables, you can sue them for fraud. Not providing the warranty you bought.

unless it was an extended warranty, he wont have a leg to stand on.

and normally in those extended warrantys you are provided details of whats covered and whats not.

Yep, but if your product have a warrant with them, then the manufacture must fulfill that warrant. It came with the product you bought.
    1. Mmmmm food...