Thread: vps colo

vps colo

I am so disappointed....I signed up with vpscolo about 3 months ago, based on the high marks it gets from viewers of this forum... then Rus sold out to another company, and they started migrating accounts to the new servers.....( I have two vps accounts with them by the way)

Well for ten days there as been huge amounts of problems with one of the vps's... the most serious is that my LARGEST customer ( 20% of my business) runs 15 web sites emails thru one email account, getting 200-300 sales orders a day... the email has been down for ten days and i just lost the customer.

the response of the new tech support company was that basicallyi have to troubleshoot and fix the problem myself.. they gave me some areas to look at, but I cannot find the problem that they created ( the emails were fine until they moved me)

Shouldnt it be THEIR responsibility to fix the problem? they have been cold and rude to me... and dont even have a real help desk ( where you can track the tickets)

Anyway... sorry to see such a fine company, that used t give the best support, get to this point....

Im sorry to sound off like this, but I just lost a 10 grand a year customer, and Im mad as hell with Rus for doing this to me

That is why I told them not to move anything until it was ok'd by me. I wanted to see how this migration would shakeout.

Do you happen to have a ticket# that I can investigate for you and see what is going on?
    Jay

yes

2 tickets actually: one concerning the domain name in particular, and the other about the problems server wide:
    646534 646604
    thanks

com1usa -

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes. This is something that shouldn't happen to anyone.

As a current VPSColo customer I am very interested in how this situation is handled - do you mind filling in the details here when everything is resolved?

clarification

just to clarify... you are now a fortresstx customer, vpscolo sold out to them a month or so ago...

the issues MAY be solved at this point in time... I had to make some A record changes that may have sorted things out......
    but for me the damage has been done...my largest customer is gone for good.
    Oh well, in a couple of years I will have built back up to where I was before vps colo sold me out...

This is not good. It's been 6 weeks with no way to lookup tickets. No one answers in the forum, and customers seem totally confused as to what is going on with billing.

I've seen buyouts and takeovers before and they are usually organized a LOT better than this.

yes, I believe Rus just took the money and ran...
    besides my above troubles... I cant believe that they dont have a support desk that you can log in to and keep track of tickets, this week, at one time, I had 3 different people working on the above problem, each one giving me different advice...I had to cut and paste each text into a WORD doc, and keep on my desktop to track the issue!

You know its funny, Ive had reseller and vps accounts for over 6 years... everytime this forum starts giving accolades to a hosting company, I sign up for an account... this forum is so powerful that it brings in so much business for the hostig company, that they either cant handle it and fold, or they sell out. Ive been with all of them, from MCHOST, who used to rule this forum... all the way down the line. And guess what.. I just signed up for the largest vps from PowerVPS! I hope Im not a jinx! After one day I am utterly impressed! They are the best out of the gate than any I have ever tried.. i hope it keeps up

By the way, not to slight anyone, I also have 2 vps's with Dinix, and they have the best support staff in the universe, there response times are usually 10 minutes or less .. but it seems they really pack the vps's --mine are a bit slow... but you cant have everything... by the way DINIX just sold out to DedicatedNOW... go figure!!!!!!! service will probably go down the toilet

Re: clarification

Originally posted by com1usa
    just to clarify... you are now a fortresstx customer, vpscolo sold out to them a month or so ago...

I understand. VPSColo is now owned by FortressITX - I see you having troubles after the sale so I'm a little concerned.

Originally posted by com1usa
    yes, I believe Rus just took the money and ran...
    besides my above troubles... I cant believe that they dont have a support desk that you can log in to and keep track of tickets, this week, at one time, I had 3 different people working on the above problem, each one giving me different advice...I had to cut and paste each text into a WORD doc, and keep on my desktop to track the issue!

Our ticket system tracks every reply and ticket sent in. And you had 2 tickets open spanning 2 shifts, so of course you would have 3 techs working on 2 different tickets across three shifts.

By the way, not to slight anyone, I also have 2 vps's with Dinix, and they have the best support staff in the universe, there response times are usually 10 minutes or less .. but it seems they really pack the vps's --mine are a bit slow... but you cant have everything... by the way DINIX just sold out to DedicatedNOW... go figure!!!!!!! service will probably go down the toilet
    Actually DINIX sold out to webhostplus(aka datapeer, aka 9netave) not DedicatedNOW, please have your straight.
    Jay

Originally posted by autodelete
    This is not good. It's been 6 weeks with no way to lookup tickets. No one answers in the forum, and customers seem totally confused as to what is going on with billing.
    We are upgrading our ticket system shortly to provide the tracking that customers are looking for, we were waiting for an upgrade for our ticket vendor to fix an issue with the public gui section, before implementing it, and all forums posts have been answered in our forums, so I am not sure what you are talking about there.
    Jay

Originally posted by jayglate
    We are upgrading our ticket system shortly to provide the tracking that customers are looking for, we were waiting for an upgrade for our ticket vendor to fix an issue with the public gui section, before implementing it, and all forums posts have been answered in our forums, so I am not sure what you are talking about there.
    Look dude, I don't want to get into a flamewar over this. I PM'd you at the forums and the thread has not been replied to. I see you just went and responded to that other user. Couldn't have been more than an hour or two ago because I was just there.

With regards to the GUI, this is exactly what happened. Before the acquisition the support desk dissapeared. That was ok because most of the information in it was a little old and not very helpful to current customers. The negative aspect is that I have lost the abillity to look up all of my old tickets. It's been a month without a proper way to follow up on open or closed support tickets. I can suggest some developers who can get a GUI for Cerberus in no time. PM me and I will supply names and references.

The whole purpose of those ticket systems is to have access to the support thread if mail is down or you are away from a PC with access to any POP3 email accounts. When you remove that function guess what? Service drops off because the customer has one less way to reach you or checkup on answers.

I don't have a problem with you, but please don't imply that I am dumb, mislead or lying.

Well the issue with cerberus wasn't the fact that the public gui couldn't be configured, it was at that time it didn't support KB seperation, so all the VPSColo/JVDS users would see all the KB articles with conflicting information from the dedicatednow brand and other KB articles, that don't apply to them, hence the delay with the Public-GUI now with 2.6.1 I am told it supports it, so we will be installing and configuring that shortly, just had to make sure 2.6.1 was working properly first.
    Jay

I just signed up for the largest vps from PowerVPS! I hope Im not a jinx!
    I dont think so. Powervps is a pretty solid company. I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you.
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

but all the others were top rated when i signed up, and they all fell by the wayside... in this business its soo easy to grow to fast

You do make a good point. However, as a far as I have been told powervps is a microsoft parnter, they have invested in virtozzo... I am pretty confident they are here to stay.

I am excited about trying Virtuozzo, VPS COLO didnt use that system... I have heard mixed reviews about which is better... is going with Virtuozzo an upgrade for me?

Virtuozzo is fun, you can stop/start the entire vps, reinstall the vps, and get a good idea of what processes are causing issues. I like it.

For those searching on WHP/webhostplus, please make sure you have a registered account on these forums, then visit the following thread for more up to date information:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=387709

Af.