SPAM Cop and Protecting your identity

Unless I've over looked something I have not sseen anything on Spam cop about it but I was wondering if removeing your personal information from the headers hurts the credibility of the report.

Granted, the digital ID's give away the real from/to info anyway if you dig deep enough but at least I've been editing it out of plain view to prevent retaliation from a server admin who really doesnt care about spam since he/she may make a profit from it.. (Theses people really dont exist do they )

Does this practice help, hurt or it really doesnt matter.. What's your thoughts?
    Randall J. Berry
    The aliens tipped Mrs. O'Leary's cow.

God,i wouldnt wanna send them anything if it had my real info on it....I would do whatever you can to hide yourself when sending reports to them (Who knows WHAT they use the informatiuon for)

The Dude

Re: SPAM Cop and Protecting your identity

Originally posted by Davros
    Unless I've over looked something I have not sseen anything on Spam cop about it but I was wondering if removeing your personal information from the headers hurts the credibility of the report.
    Yes it would. I leave my headers intact when sending a report.

Hmm.. OK.. I'll give it a shot. But I have my suspisions When I started using Spam Cop in early 2001 for my personal address I never hid my IDent. Towards the middle of 2003 the spam got so bad I had no choice but to kill that address and create another even though I am very careful where I use my personal address . For most non personal stuff I have catchall addresses. And adresses which were much more pronounced and even published on the domain got about half as much.

So I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of leak in spam cop somewhere, or if it is indeed retaliation.

Or maybe I just pissed somebody off eh?
    is that possible?
    Randall J. Berry
    The aliens tipped Mrs. O'Leary's cow.

Originally posted by Davros
    Or maybe I just pissed somebody off eh?
    is that possible?
    Quite possible

spamcop automatically munges reports, you don't need to do it yourself.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com