Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EV1 DC2 opened! but no new servers yet

I have been waiting for windows servers for months now, and I set my alarm to wake up at 9:50 PST! I go to their website, and click refresh til they open, and NO SERVERS!!

I also am trying to see where their windows section is, because I do not see it. I am looking for over the 1000gigs they had for $99 back when. Now where the hell are they?

Or if anyone has any info on the windows servers they can give me that would be great
    AIM: manofslo
    MSN: ajkid16@Hotmail.com
    EMAIL: admin@digitalslo.com

major price inc reases to boot ;(
    Regards,
    Ryan

When we can purchase new servers?

I dont know but seriously hate them now, the prices suck ***

After Lunxh... 3:00 or later.
    Regards,
    Ryan

Yup you guys gotta help pay for that SCO IP liscense lol. I bet those supporters of Marsh buying SCO liscenses are not to happy now that it actually affects them in an important place, their wallet.

do you still think they will have a great deal??

*hugs servermatrix*

i highly doubt it, im pretty pissed at ev1, i want a windows server for cheap, they WERE a good company til this s.h.i.t happened.

These prices suck indeed.

$99 for Celeron 1.3 GHz, 512 RAM, 60 GB Hard Drive and 700GB's of transfer!

I can get a faster server in a better DC for less at iracks.

The only advantage of Rackshack/EV1Server has disappeared. There are way better deals out there.
    Last edited by s2software; 03-03-2004 at 01:54 PM.

That Celeron 1.3ghz... is actually the old price they had before, so which is good that they still keep the price so stable, other clients on that kind of server won't be pissed if they seirously changed price!

This is why ev1servers.net so popular! Because prices keep the same!

The prices may of gone up but they have also upped the bandwidth to over 1000GB ..... upto 1400GB on some servers

Hmm Their new P4 Systems Come with more then 1000Gb bandwidth

Originally posted by Technics
    The prices may of gone up but they have also upped the bandwidth to over 1000GB ..... upto 1400GB on some servers
    Yes Not Bad . if they upgreade All Servers to 1000GB That is Great becuse I have 700GB

Yeah and they are actually using decent equipment in there servers, You want better equipment and more transfer of course your going to pay for it.

Headsurfer said publically he's not looking to beat any price wars anymore. He'll provide GREAT equipment at GOOD prices. If you want to be cheap, go elsewhere.

He improved all the servers, the Dual Xeons have 2Gigs of RAM, 2 SCSI 73gig drives, DRAC cards for remote reboot, they are DELL quality stuff....1400GB of bandwidth....$299...If you want a better deal than this...well..I feel sorry for you and managed.com is marketed just for you.

I for one am impressed by the new offers, and I think EV1 just knocked their competetion out of the waters. You won't find a better deal on dual xeons with Dell quality servers and remote reboot.

Let's not forget the network.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

You are calling EV1 expensive? Some of the statements above are absolutely incredible. I'd hate to see what you would call something I'd define as expensive.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

It's good to see that they've finally raised rates. Now, maybe the rest of the dedicated server industry can follow. If everyone can sell servers for a few bucks more profit, I have a feeling a lot of hosts will improve their quality of service, and people looking to get into the hosting business may have to actually think their plans through, so that they don't waste money . I commend Ev1Servers for their "bravery" in raising prices over the bottom $99/month servers. If you have a quality service, people will pay for it.

-Josh

I am thinking of buying the p4 2.4
    1 GB RAM - (2) 80GB Hard Drives
    1100 GB Monthly Transfer

- I am there now with a Cel 1.7 - 500 MB RAM.. the price is about 40 US more than I am paying now

Would you recomend an upgrade?
    Oh.. I do need a more power.. so the question is just if I should buy one somewhere else..
    I love the support at EV1.. and am not sure who else has the same level.

The prices are great for the spec you get. Remember the new DC is full of quality hardware, none of that unbranded DC1 stuff.

Basically it looks like $30 more... for Dell hardware with additional ram, hard drive and bandwidth.... how can that suddenly make them "expensive"?
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Why anyone would help out SCO by giving them money through EV1 is beyond me, but I suppose if you're a Windows buff I would understand. Otherwise, the prices certainly aren't expensive. It's about time for the DC's to raise prices. The downward pricing pressure really helps no one and allows for those that really don't need to be running a hosting company a cheap way in.

Does anyone have a server runnning at their new dc? I want to test ping it.

Originally posted by 0utlier
    Why anyone would help out SCO by giving them money through EV1 is beyond me, but I suppose if you're a Windows buff I would understand. Otherwise, the prices certainly aren't expensive. It's about time for the DC's to raise prices. The downward pricing pressure really helps no one and allows for those that really don't need to be running a hosting company a cheap way in.
    EV1 has a site license, they're not paying extra for each new server that they add, if I'm correct.

- Matt

Those prices is really cheap in my opinion
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Basically it looks like $30 more... for Dell hardware with additional ram, hard drive and bandwidth.... how can that suddenly make them "expensive"?
    That's another week's allowance or 15 extra clients they need now per month to afford
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

Originally posted by 0utlier
    The money's already been paid to SCO. It's not like a percentage of each server is being sent to SCO. It's a blanket license. Like everyone says, it's a insurance policy to help the customers, it's not to help EV1, SCO stated EV1 was never a target, and EV1 had plenty of lawyers willing to assist them, however Marsh thought this was needed to protect his customers (and get free national press, I saw it on TechTV's screensavers last night for instance...)

It's a marketing move, and a move he felt neccessary. I'm tired of arguing it. Either leave (and let someone else have your server as no doubt it'll sell within hours of your server being available).
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast